North Bay Battalion 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOilTroops

Jun 28, 2014
North Bay
Tight game, as was expected. And the refs let both teams go all night pretty much.
But now it heads back to our barn where we are very tough. Should be a good series.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
Tight game, as was expected. And the refs let both teams go all night pretty much.
But now it heads back to our barn where we are very tough. Should be a good series.

This was the kind of game I was hoping to see from the series not the 6-1 games. I don't think there was anything wrong with the hit in Bratina in OT. It was obvious refs were letting them play all game so unless he couldn't move that was not a penalty. Be interesting to see how the games play out in NB. Definitely think this series will go to 7 games. To mention last. I was impressed with both goalies last night!

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
That was an awesome game last night. Obviously happy for the win but the refs let both teams play . No ticky tack soft calls. I knew smith and north bays defense and size would be a part of the series. The Oshawa crowd was loud and involved in game which gave the boys a lift. Should be tough next two games in north bay. I'm coming up on a boys road trip with my son so can't wait for the atmosphere in the building. Last nights game was a war. Sportsnet still drooling all over mcdavid and the Soo and no thought to this series. I know I'm being bias here but I think with the way Oshawa and north bay play, either team could physically win the Ohl final.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
Sportsnet still drooling all over mcdavid and the Soo and no thought to this series. I know I'm being bias here but I think with the way Oshawa and north bay play, either team could physically win the Ohl final.

The only reason Sportsnet is showing games the Hounds are playing is because of who they are playing against....the Otters. And if McDavid was not an Otter then Sportsnet wouldn't be covering them either. And they are most definitely not drooling over the Hounds.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The only reason Sportsnet is showing games the Hounds are playing is because of who they are playing against....the Otters. And if McDavid was not an Otter then Sportsnet wouldn't be covering them either. And they are most definitely not drooling over the Hounds.

Well they were certainly drooling over Nurse in the period that I watched. Sportsnet is pushing that series because of the Nurse v. McDavid storyline and it definitely hasn't disappointed. But the fact that Rogers owns hockey in Canada, it's absolutely embarrassing that fans have to resort to pathetic Neulion streams to watch a Conference Final matchup.

Hey Rogers, if you want to be Canada's go-to for hockey, how about showing us some ****ing hockey.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
This was the kind of game I was hoping to see from the series not the 6-1 games. I don't think there was anything wrong with the hit in Bratina in OT. It was obvious refs were letting them play all game so unless he couldn't move that was not a penalty. Be interesting to see how the games play out in NB. Definitely think this series will go to 7 games. To mention last. I was impressed with both goalies last night!
I don't mind the hard hitting, and the refs letting them play, but when it boarders on player safety, things have to be called, that hit on Bratina was dirty!!!!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I don't mind the hard hitting, and the refs letting them play, but when it boarders on player safety, things have to be called, that hit on Bratina was dirty!!!!

I'm not in favor of that either but both players should of got penalties 1 for check from behind & the other for diving, when Bratina got hit he went down fast stayed down but kept looking up when he saw that his team had the puck got right back and into play and had a scoring chance.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
diving

..diving headfirst into the boards after you have been out half a season with concussion problems is quite a skill....stupid really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:handclap:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
..diving headfirst into the boards after you have been out half a season with concussion problems is quite a skill....stupid really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:handclap:

Call it what you want but I was @ the game and the Gens player deserved a penalty but really the player got right back up as soon as the battalion player got the puck and was in on the play and had a scoring chance so maybe may diving call was the wrong call should of been sportsman misconduct what ever you want to call it he was just trying to sell It ;)

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015

Dirty was the NB player throwing himself against the boards trying to draw a penalty...that would be cheating for a call. It was comical watching him look both ways when he was on the ice to see if the refs called it and then getting up and joining the rush up ice. Perhaps Bratina plays soccer in the summer months, maybe tonight he will have Ronaldo stitched on the back of his sweater.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Call it what you want but I was @ the game and the Gens player deserved a penalty but really the player got right back up as soon as the battalion player got the puck and was in on the play and had a scoring chance so maybe may diving call was the wrong call should of been sportsman misconduct what ever you want to call it he was just trying to sell It ;)

I was also at the game - as a nuetral observer. To me that was no where near a dive. He got up slowly and got back into he play as is all hockey players basic instincts. No different than a player who blocks a shot and slowly gets up and plays on one leg. A minor penalty should have been called on the Oshawa player. To say it was a dive is ludicrous.

IceCube

Mar 20, 2014
Well said Rangersblue. The issue is not whether Bratina was injured or the fact he looked up from the ice. The issue is the hit itself. Clearly a hit from behind and should have been a penalty. Old news now, game 3 tonight.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
Congrats on your huge win. Unfortunately it won't be a northern series, thanks to the one-sided reffing. We will be behind you all the way!!

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Congrats on your huge win. Unfortunately it won't be a northern series, thanks to the one-sided reffing. We will be behind you all the way!!

Otters had so many PP's in Game 3 right? :laugh: All zero of them.
Anyways congrats on the big Game 3 North Bay. As an Avs fan really rooting for you guys to go forward and for Wood to learn so he can take a bigger role next season.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
playoff rules=Hudson Bay Hockey

...for the Final 4 of the league the reffing has not kept up...no names but the summary sheets tell who is considered top shelf...75% of the non calls would be called during the season...somebody is being told to let them play...damn the injuries..Conrad?????

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Anyone have a GIF of that Jake Smith save?

Jesus. I'll say it again. Rogers, you're broadcasting the wrong series.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Anyone have a GIF of that Jake Smith save?

Jesus. I'll say it again. Rogers, you're broadcasting the wrong series.

Thousands of hockey fans would disagree with you. Let's face it the way the other series is going, their ratings must be close to an all time high.

Troops fan

Mar 24, 2014
The officiating in this conference championship,and all year for that matter has been ridiculous!!! They call cheap crap all year and then turn blind eyes on the obvious in the play-offs and then once in a while decide to call garbage penalties that end up having a direct impact on the game. Both General PP goals were a result of incompetent refereeing. The OHL should be embarrassed if they are the best they have. Wow!!

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Hey I just wanted to say that you by far have the loudest fans in the entire OHL! Fabulous atmosphere!! Kudos!!! Love Nick Paul. I hope he makes our team next year!!

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Nick paul

Hey I just wanted to say that you by far have the loudest fans in the entire OHL! Fabulous atmosphere!! Kudos!!! Love Nick Paul. I hope he makes our team next year!!

Would like to see Nick Paul in a Sens uniform.

There's an underlying plot to this series that fans might not know. Paul (with the Sens) will eventually have to battle McCarron of the Habs when they meet in the NHL.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Great games up here. I loved the atmosphere in the building. The refs let them play. Please no excuses about back to back games. Both teams had to deal with it and it's sometimes tougher for the road team hanging around a hotel not in their routine and the generals really had their backs against the wall with that game. This isn't a regular season game where you call lame calls. The north bay fans I talked with agreed that they didn't want that. There was only a couple power plays for both teams. Like I said as a generals fan really enjoyed the crowd atmosphere in the building. Looking forward to Friday night where it should be loud.

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
The officiating in this conference championship,and all year for that matter has been ridiculous!!! They call cheap crap all year and then turn blind eyes on the obvious in the play-offs and then once in a while decide to call garbage penalties that end up having a direct impact on the game. Both General PP goals were a result of incompetent refereeing. The OHL should be embarrassed if they are the best they have. Wow!!

I agree...first NB goal probably should have been a penalty, NB player freed himself to go in alone by taking the Gens player down. Interesting that the home team replays failed to show the play develop leading up to the goal.
The reffing is what it is, it has always been subpar. As much as the league is a development stage for the players, it is the same for the officiating. Having said that, I have never been a fan of the two referee system.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
2 man??

I agree...they feed off each other rather than managing the game...human aspect...he allowed the play..I guess I will too..call a penalty then consult..one bad call sets tone for both refs....consistency is poor in the league..interesting to see what refs/linesmen get playoff assignments....some you would expect do not get any games :shakeheadat all....maybe a guys job requirements/geography enters into it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad