Norris Trophy Finalists: Victor Hedman (TB), Mark Giordano (CGY), and Brent Burns (SJ)

salami

Sep 25, 2005
My point is that you have to wear teal colored glasses to think that Burns is not a defensive liability.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
So you admit your prior comment about it having nothing to do with point is wrong? Huh, who knew? (spoiler alert, everyone else)
No saying it can have to do with points but because how exceptional the amount is not just whatever D has the most which is what you are claiming...

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
My point is that you have to wear teal colored glasses to think that Burns is not a defensive liability.

My point is that anybody who watched tonight's game wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement. The guy leads the playoffs in 5V5 ice time and he's only been out there for 4 goals against at 5V5.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Hedman really had an off season and still het nominated for the Norris.

I will never understand these nominations.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
Hedman really had an off season and still het nominated for the Norris.

I will never understand these nominations.

First thing you need to understand is they're not nominated. Any defenceman is eligible to be voted for. The three names here are the top three in votes; the award has already been decided.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Leaf fans can now stop over using
"We have a Norris caliber Defensemen" (Rielly)

Its almost as funny as
"We have 2 selke caliber C's " (Matthews/Kadri) LMAO

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
First thing you need to understand is they're not nominated. Any defenceman is eligible to be voted for. The three names here are the top three in votes; the award has already been decided.

The top-3 are he ones viewed as nominees, even the the award it self is already decided.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
The top-3 are he ones viewed as nominees, even the the award it self is already decided.

Which is a misnomer that presents a false narrative. Every defenceman in the NHL is "nominated"; the three named are just the top three vote-getters.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Hedman feels like he was just thrown in there so there can be 3 nominees. He has pretty much zero chance of winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad