Post-Game Talk: Norris Division Final: Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I am confident that we will be fine. We have a team that has shown a lot of character and this series has gone exactly the same way as the Colorado one. We are undefeated at home, and at some point, we will have to win a game in Chicago. I think that we have a good chance.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
our big guns need to start scoring. our goaltending was very good last night. the difference was the hawks looked faster. (imo) at least the refs have been fair , wow the rags had a goal taken away yesterday i would have lost it over that one. lets hope we can force a game 7.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think we needed that one, boys.

Eh, same was said about the Avs series and game 5. I'm not worried. We won't lose at home and we'll take game 7 on the road to devastate Chicago even more. Our boys will come out big on Tues, I'm thinking somewhere in the realm of 4 or 5 goals. Guessing 5-1 Wild.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
our big guns need to start scoring. our goaltending was very good last night. the difference was the hawks looked faster. (imo) at least the refs have been fair , wow the rags had a goal taken away yesterday i would have lost it over that one. lets hope we can force a game 7.
I thought so too. They were all over the ice. Also thought the Wild's passing was off. A lot passes either too far in front of or too far behind their intended target.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If Yeo wants to win the game, he will play Haula in the top six. Haula is second in points per 60 minutes (behind Parise), second in goals per 60 minutes, top five in puck possession, and top three in tough competition.

Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Parise - Haula - Coyle
Cooke - Koivu - Fontaine
Heatley - Brodziak - McCormick

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
If Yeo wants to win the game, he will play Haula in the top six. Haula is second in points per 60 minutes (behind Parise), second in goals per 60 minutes, top five in puck possession, and top three in tough competition.

Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Parise - Haula - Coyle
Cooke - Koivu - Fontaine
Heatley - Brodziak - McCormick

I don't think he necessarily needs to swap Haula and Koivu. I would like to see the "3rd line" get more ice though. I like how Cooke-Haula-Fonz work together.

GapControl7648

Jan 23, 2014
Minnesota
Does anyone know how much ice time our 4th line had last night? I feel like they were out there way too often.

Nevermind...looked it up. Heatley: 11:08, Brodziak: 15:08, and McCormick: 10:09.

Watching the game I felt like they were out as often as line 3 but I'm guessing my anxiety peaked whenever noticing line 4 out there...thus biasing my perception. Still, I would like to see a few of their shifts given to the other three lines in the future.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I am not as upset as I guess I thought I would be. We made it farther than I thought we would, Yeo has them playing their ***** off. I really hope we can get some solid goaltending and defense for next year to make us truly difficult to play against.

Our faceoff's killed us last night too. Gotta win keep that high win percentage up on faceoffs to have a chance.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It's remarkable how this team is unbeatable when the odds are against them and totally "eh" the moment they have all the momentum on their side.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
It's remarkable how this team is unbeatable when the odds are against them and totally "eh" the moment they have all the momentum on their side.

This thought went through my head last night as well. Team looked like they were playing without a sense of urgency until it was too late: about 7:30 left in the entire game.

Really want to see the Wild stop playing down to bad competition and up to good competition when the games matter.

The death period is still real for this team. Need to see them go for the jugular early and not let up.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008

Agree, I thought facing the champs wouldnt slow them down if they got some momentum but it did. Yesterdays game & game 2 vs Avs was the worst efforts of this playoffs in my opinion.

This was the first game I thought FBJ was flat out bad. But thats quite incredible that this was his first out of 11 PO-games. He will be back for game 6 and hopefully 7 :nod:

Quite impressive that we still was close in this game, Bryz played great.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

The Wild have always played from behind in their playoff history. Not including game 7 wins, they've only led a playoff series twice.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
The Wild have always played from behind in their playoff history. Not including game 7 wins, they've only led a playoff series twice.
I know this is kind of the favorite of sports fans, Minnesota fans in general, but you know how much any other season has to do with the current season?

Almost nothing. Especially ones 10+ years ago.

Heck, the regular season has very little to do with the current season.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am so proud of this team and can't believe how far they have gotten so far. I have no idea if they will make a comeback but all I know is they have improved from last season and are currently playing the defending champs and two games away from the conference finals. 2 games. If people are honest, most will agree that this is a successful season. Next season will be the most anticipated year yet given how good this team has gotten.

I am a proud Minnesota Wild fan. This season is a huge success no matter what happens with this series.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I am so proud of this team and can't believe how far they have gotten so far. I have no idea if they will make a comeback but all I know is they have improved from last season and are currently playing the defending champs and two games away from the conference finals. 2 games. If people are honest, most will agree that this is a successful season. Next season will be the most anticipated year yet given how good this team has gotten.

I am a proud Minnesota Wild fan. This season is a huge success no matter what happens with this series.

I really wonder how much gas this team has left in the tank. So many times this year this team has had to give every ounce of energy to save the season. I think we'll see what this team has left in them in this next game. Is it going to be a team that simply has no gas left and has their season comes to an end then looks back at the success it had or will we see a team that recognizes all the hard work they've put in to be at this point and refuses to go down like this?

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Hope we win in 7. I don't want the season to end. Finally we have a good team. Win or lose, the experience gained is going to help us further down the road.

I'm worried about giving it your all in Game 6 and then having nothing left in the tank for Game 7, lol.

They should be well rested for Game 6 though, they didn't show up in Game 5.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC

My thoughts exactly. I feel like taking Chicago to 7 will be important enough. The kids improved SO MUCH this season, specifically this playoffs, and the core top 9 is just so exciting to watch.

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Coyle-Koivu-Nino
Cooke-Haula-Fontaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad