Post-Game Talk: Norris Division Final: Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I am so proud of this team and can't believe how far they have gotten so far. I have no idea if they will make a comeback but all I know is they have improved from last season and are currently playing the defending champs and two games away from the conference finals. 2 games. If people are honest, most will agree that this is a successful season. Next season will be the most anticipated year yet given how good this team has gotten.

I am a proud Minnesota Wild fan. This season is a huge success no matter what happens with this series.

i agree we shouldn't lose sight of how well the team did this year. 206GA is really what saved our bacon since we really didnt score much. GF should be better next year & if we can keep the GA down we should have over a 100 point season. if goaltending improves along with our young guys being 20% better i could see a 105 plus point season next year. our PP does need some work, we should have a top 10 PP if we expect to be cup contenders.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Ryan Lambert is a professional troll. Don't bother clicking the article.

He took a press conference quote and turned it into a pile of crap. Anyone with half a brain could demolish any supposed substance of his arguments. It's not even worth wasting your brain cells.

Just like a Souhan article, keep scrolling.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I read the title of it. I feel I deserve a medal for making it that far.

lol. You've earned a couple medals lately, yes? First you got through five seconds of the suggested Nino goal song then the title of this article?

Here ya go, bud:

Michael-Phelps-15th-Gold-Medal.gif

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
i'll be honest, i think we are going to lose game 6.
it'll be the closest game of the series, maybe even OT.

I thought game 5 was going to be the first overtime. I can't see this team letting their season end on home ice. The story of the year has been responding to difficult challenges. I'm gonna go the optimistic route that this goes game 7 and once again The All Star comes up big.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We're going to win game 6.

Even if we're exhausted with nothing in the tank, the energy of that crowd and the change to give them at least one more show on home ice will motivate the Wild to press hard. The crowd will verbally abuse Crawford once again to the point of a breakdown, and Haula will undress everyone in the Hawks D corps and blast at least one breakaway goal past the crumbling goalie.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I thought game 5 was going to be the first overtime. I can't see this team letting their season end on home ice. The story of the year has been responding to difficult challenges. I'm gonna go the optimistic route that this goes game 7 and once again The All Star comes up big.

The Wild have never been knocked out of the playoffs at home. ;)

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
i'll be honest, i think we are going to lose game 6.
it'll be the closest game of the series, maybe even OT.

You guys are being Debbie Downers! We won't lose at home, no chance. We'll take it handily 4-1 with the game never being in doubt. Then we'll go back to CHI and break their hearts like we did Avs fans! GO WILD!

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm proud of Minnesota for going 6 deep into the series against the former Stanley cup champs. If it goes to 7 don't see them closing it out but they had a good run.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Just a heads up, GDT will be up before noon CT/8 PM Finland time. I have some of it done, but gotta go to work and I'll be home maybe around 5.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
This might sound like panic, but I think im being rational..
Id like to split up the Nino, Koivu, Coyle-line tonight. YES, its been our best line, but that doesnt neccesarily equal chemistry. These 3 have been our top 5 (1,3,4 imo) forwards in the PO so far(without playing together). And Id like to split up the force by just a bit, to get Parises line going.
Id like Parises line to get one of the youngsters, and the one looking "least impressive" compared to when with earlier line-mates is Coyle in my opinion. So Id like:

Coyle-Granny-Parise
Nino-Koivu-Pommer

This should spark Parise line(who had a bad last game) and I dont think it decreases the Koivu line that much.

If doing this in percentage, in a parameter of hard to meet, Id say last games lines: Line 1: 65%, Line 2: 80%
If we change to my lines above, my gut says: Line: 1 75%, Line 2: 75%. Thats 5% better.

Obviously, this is just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad