GDT: Norris Division Final - Game 6 - Blackhawks @ Wild - 8PM CT/4AM Suomi - TSN,CNBC,RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I'll be there live tonight, hope the fans will be as great as they have been for every home game this series.

Dry heaves all yesterday, but solid now. We will see how this one goes.

Score early, score often, don't turtle. Suit up.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I'll be there live tonight, hope the fans will be as great as they have been for every home game this series.

Dry heaves all yesterday, but solid now. We will see how this one goes.

Score early, score often, don't turtle. Suit up.

I imagine it will be a very nervous crowd early on. I'm hoping for 2 quick ones. That should get the crowd up and on Crawford.

Laredo

Feb 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Did we inherit the goalie chant thing from winnipeg? I remember them chanting Harding but I really really really enjoy this Crawford chant, it needs to be a regular thing from now on.

Also, we're going to win this game tonight boys, but if we dont, I want our fans to start singing the Wild anthem while our boys leave the ice. It would be all class if the majority of the arena is singing in unison. Would send chills down my spine.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Did we inherit the goalie chant thing from winnipeg? I remember them chanting Harding but I really really really enjoy this Crawford chant, it needs to be a regular thing from now on.

Also, we're going to win this game tonight boys, but if we dont, I want our fans to start singing the Wild anthem while our boys leave the ice. It would be all class if the majority of the arena is singing in unison. Would send chills down my spine.

Goalie chants have been around for a long while.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Prediction (science-based):

Patrick Kane's plan to tip Anthony Michael Hall's lunch table over backfires when his sweet new gloves get stuck to chewing gum on the underside. He gets so mad he punches through a pane of orphan glass and now his girlfriend is totally being nice to Anthony Weiner Hall WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER he's such a lame-o GOD how could this day get any worse you know what Whatever. Whatever! He is so out of here.

Patrick Sharp is mistaken for Eric Bana by the entire crowd, meaning nobody acknowledges him in any fashion. This irritates him to the point of shouting "Come on, guys. Hulk!? Really? Anybody?" and doing his best Eric Bana Hulk impression, which is actually quite accurate and lulls his teammates to sleep.

Marian Hossa scores a Groupon for long underwear and puts all seven new pairs on at once. Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook take turns hitting him as hard as they can, and they all laugh at his inpenetrable armor. But Hossa takes it a step too far when he stands in front of a bathroom mirror and says "Nutty Milly" three times, summoning Milan Lucic. The three Blackhawks are found curled into fetal positions on the bathroom floor, and are incredibly flinchy anytime anything comes near their pouchal regions.

Jonathan Toews overdoses on beard growth serum and is distracted throughout the game by all the conflicting reviews of scissors he read on Amazon. Can you really believe someone that reviews a pair of scissors they claim have held up for six years? Who reviews things they've owned so long? It doesn't make sense.

Erik Haula, Jared Spurgeon, Jonas Brodin, Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle and Nino Niederreiter slept over at Zach Parise's hive and had bowls of Fun Dip O's in Red Bull mixed with Pixy Stix and come out like hummingbirds fighting over a Black Friday steroid sale. They crash with similar ferocity at the end of the second period, and a nearly unemployed Dany Heatley decides to make some kind of Gran Torino bluff standoff to put off having to figure out what a resume is. As he is standing in front of Chicago's goal he is run over by the Zamboni that Mikko Koivu, Clayton Stoner, Ryan Suter and Mr. T took back to the locker room during the intermission, dismantled, and rebuilt with a ****load of guns. Who ultimately won the game is not entirely certain, but they keep on driving it past the smoldering crater at Chicago's end and right onto 94 Eastbound.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Made some changes to the speech from Independence Day:

Good afternoon. [turns on mic] Good afternoon. In less than four hours, Wild Players from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest message board battle in the history of HF Wild. HF Wild. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences in what the Wild logo looks like anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is Game 6, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from elimination. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, Game 6 will no longer be known as a Minnesotan holiday, but as the day when Minnesota and Finland declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Game 6 victory!

Sorry, President Whitmore :D

Last edited:

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011

Good afternoon. [turns on mic] Good afternoon. In less than four hours, Wild Players from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest message board battle in the history of HF Wild. HF Wild. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences in what the Wild logo looks like anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Game 6, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from elimination. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, Game 6 will no longer be known as a Minnesotan holiday, but as the day when Minnesota and Finland declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Game 6 victory!

Great speech! :handclap:

(well, due to all the alcohol we Finns never go quietly into the night... :laugh: )

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Patrick Kane's plan to tip Anthony Michael Hall's lunch table over backfires when his sweet new gloves get stuck to chewing gum on the underside. He gets so mad he punches through a pane of orphan glass and now his girlfriend is totally being nice to Anthony Weiner Hall WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER he's such a lame-o GOD how could this day get any worse you know what Whatever. Whatever! He is so out of here.

Patrick Sharp is mistaken for Eric Bana by the entire crowd, meaning nobody acknowledges him in any fashion. This irritates him to the point of shouting "Come on, guys. Hulk!? Really? Anybody?" and doing his best Eric Bana Hulk impression, which is actually quite accurate and lulls his teammates to sleep.

Marian Hossa scores a Groupon for long underwear and puts all seven new pairs on at once. Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook take turns hitting him as hard as they can, and they all laugh at his inpenetrable armor. But Hossa takes it a step too far when he stands in front of a bathroom mirror and says "Nutty Milly" three times, summoning Milan Lucic. The three Blackhawks are found curled into fetal positions on the bathroom floor, and are incredibly flinchy anytime anything comes near their pouchal regions.

Jonathan Toews overdoses on beard growth serum and is distracted throughout the game by all the conflicting reviews of scissors he read on Amazon. Can you really believe someone that reviews a pair of scissors they claim have held up for six years? Who reviews things they've owned so long? It doesn't make sense.

Erik Haula, Jared Spurgeon, Jonas Brodin, Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle and Nino Niederreiter slept over at Zach Parise's hive and had bowls of Fun Dip O's in Red Bull mixed with Pixy Stix and come out like hummingbirds fighting over a Black Friday steroid sale. They crash with similar ferocity at the end of the second period, and a nearly unemployed Dany Heatley decides to make some kind of Gran Torino bluff standoff to put off having to figure out what a resume is. As he is standing in front of Chicago's goal he is run over by the Zamboni that Mikko Koivu, Clayton Stoner, Ryan Suter and Mr. T took back to the locker room during the intermission, dismantled, and rebuilt with a ****load of guns. Who ultimately won the game is not entirely certain, but they keep on driving it past the smoldering crater at Chicago's end and right onto 94 Eastbound.

Some of your finest work.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Riding the goalie is something that's done at all levels of hockey isn't it?

post-10781-Bert-eyes-look-up-from-book-wh-kSb4.gif

things-only-mormons-would-understand-1.gif

Where the hell am I? What have I stumbled upon? Who the hell runs this place?

Oh god, I RUN THIS PLACE :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH

Good afternoon. [turns on mic] Good afternoon. In less than four hours, Wild Players from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest message board battle in the history of HF Wild. HF Wild. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences in what the Wild logo looks like anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is Game 6, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from elimination. We're fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, Game 6 will no longer be known as a Minnesotan holiday, but as the day when Minnesota and Finland declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Game 6 victory!

Love it man! Let's go wild! :) Definitely pumped me up. I love that movie. lol

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Can't find the game on Comcast...402, 408, or ....? Anyone know? It says the stupid Twinkies are playing on FSN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad