Waived: Noreau and Gervais (and Mueller)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mueller should have never signed with the Blues, Hitchcock is a joke who doesn't know good players.

Personally I expect to see a lot of cuts today concerning Avs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Mueller should have never signed with the Blues, Hitchcock is a joke who doesn't know good players.

Me too... I think the roster will be pretty close to opening night with just a few extras.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'd give Mueller a shot, he's not a bad player. We have a few injuries right now, play him maybe on the 4th line with some PP time, see if he has anything in the tank.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'd give Mueller a shot, he's not a bad player. We have a few injuries right now, play him maybe on the 4th line with some PP time, see if he has anything in the tank.

Peter Mueller would be in Patrick Roy's doghouse after one shift.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As I said in the other thread... Klingberg is who the Avs should go after. Would add some depth to the bottom 6 and allow them to put Everberg and Rendulic in the AHL for some seasoning.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Disappointing about Noreau. Think he really should have made it, especially over Guenin/Wilson. Oh well. Think he will be an early call up.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Hahahaha, you cannot be more wrong. O'Brien type of players yes, but Mueller is a team first player with bad skating.

Laugh worthy? Really?

Parenteau was a team-first player with bad skating. He was all about setting up his teammates and enhancing their game. Much like Mueller, he's a perimeter player who doesn't provide anything else aside from decent hands.

Mueller is a vegetable. He lives life being one hit away from being served as scrambled eggs at a breakfast diner. He provides zero sandpaper, is very average defensively, wouldn't finish a check on a child rapist, and would not be a good addition.

From what I've gathered, I am convinced Mueller is a poster boy for the type of player Patrick Roy does not want.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Aside from a cannon from the point, what is really impressive about Mueller? Not terribly physical, not terribly fast, not terribly skilled, not very good defensively. Just meh, IMO.

I'd rather see the Avs give said forward time to Everberg, Schumacher, etc.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Meh. Well I guess this is it:

Stuart-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Hejda-Redmond
Wilson-Guenin

Same as last year - Benoit - Sarich + Stuart + Redmond

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I'd say Armstrong's the bigger fool, getting a player he knew damned well his coach wouldn't like. I still don't get why he got another shot at a GM gig...he was positively awful in Dallas. He's already made a few big blunders.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
One might wonder why we signed Noreau to a 2-year one way deal if we weren't gonna give him a shot.

Looked to me like they gave him a shot. From what I saw he was surprisingly good but not good enough to play in the NHL full time.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As long as the players have a chance of moving up if they play well and injuries hit, players in the AHL are given a fair chance.

After what happened with Guenin, Cliche and Holden last year I think Avs should be one of the most attractive teams for marginal players.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
One might wonder why we signed Noreau to a 2-year one way deal if we weren't gonna give him a shot.

The most surprising part is they didn't keep him nor Elliott. Two similar dmen fighting for the same spot and they both lost.

It seems like Roy wants Wilson to be good and will give him every opportunity in the world and then some.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He did get a shot. He wasn't that good in preseason games. He was overwhelmed defensively that first game, and outmatched physically. He might just need time to get used to the NA game again, but who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad