Sportsnet: Nonis anxious to make moves

In burke I trust*

Nonis should and will acquire Paul Stastny. Like Howard Berger said, it just makes too much sense.

SLarmer28*

Would the Toronto Maple Leafs be interested in Dave Bolland?

If so, I propose the following trade from the Chicago Blackhawks:

Nick Leddy + Dave Bolland for Jake Gardiner + Joe Colborne + 2013 Draft Pick

The Toronto Maple Leafs receive a third line center with playoff experience and a young puck moving defenseman, while the Chicago Blackhawks receive a young puck moving defenseman and salary cap relief.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre

The Toronto Maple Leafs receive a third line center with playoff experience and a young puck moving defenseman, while the Chicago Blackhawks receive a young puck moving defenseman and salary cap relief.

Dave Bolland for Grabovski (retained salary) + 2013 Draft Pick/prospect

Chi gets a #2C and leafs get a #3C.

mikebel111*

I feel jake has more upside. no from me

SLarmer28*

Dave Bolland for Grabovski (retained salary) + 2013 Draft Pick/prospect

Chi gets a #2C and leafs get a #3C.
Blackhawks aren't interested in Grabovski nor can take on any more long term contracts. The Blackhawks are interested in prospects and/or draft picks.

Besides, don't the Toronto Maple Leafs still retain two amnesty buyouts?

hockeyfanz*

Nonis should and will acquire Paul Stastny. Like Howard Berger said, it just makes too much sense.

I hope you are right...I'm excited this offseason to see how Mr. Nonis puts his stamp on this team. Although the team was looking up, I think there are some glaring holes and obtaining Stasny will begin to address some....weakness down the middle. Gotta be strong down the middle if you hope to have a chance.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

No thank you.

Nick Leddy wasn't aloud to touch the ice when games matter. Why on Earth would the leafs want that type of player.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
Nonis knows the Leafs have numerous holes and that there is work ahead.

This is his first summer to mold the team into his own and with Lieweke on board providing input and direction I expect things to happen.

I'm pretty sure that Lieweke isn't going to be a major driving force in regards to the direction of the team and personnel. If he is, god help us. Leave the hockey management to the true hockey people.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'm assuming you think we should have let him walk, and entered the season Bozak as our only legit top nine centre? (no one knew Kadri would step in as well as he did).

We should have traded him at the deadline instead of signing him.

Or did you want Connolly and Bozak as our 1-2? He was the BEST option available last season, and was only over paid by a million.

Doesn't matter what he's paid - I don't want him on the team. He's a great "bad team scorer", but doesn't really fit into a team that has plans to win.

You may think he's the wrong player to win a championship, you may be right. But thats a difference of opinion. I'd rather go into the season with Grabo, unless we get a TRUE upgrade - and there doesn't seem to be one available.

Only way I would want to keep him is if we cannot get another top-6 center. If Bozak walks, and we can't get anybody to replace him, Grabo can center the 2nd line behind Kadri. We won't make the play-offs, but that's life.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I am dumbfounded by the Grabovski is dumb comments. How the heck do you get that I have no idea. He is not the best playmaker in the world but he is not bad either.

He is a bad playmaker. Basically, he's too slow to read plays. He usually just misses opening, but even when he does see them, it's a half-second too late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad