OT: Non-Stars Hockey Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
I'm looking forward to the first Tortorella meltdown.....you know it's happening.

Also, G Linus Ullmark will make his first NHL start for the Sabres tonight. Always interesting to see a young goalie make his debut.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Columbus is such a joke.

And they think Tortorella will fix their problems :laugh:

Davidson is sharp, he knows Torts will do better in a small market, and it's not like Budreau is going to go there if he gets canned. He'll be in Pittsburgh the day after he gets fired. Torts was on top of the discard pile, sometimes that's the only move you can make.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Yeah, Anaheim looks awful so far this season. Can't say I'm not enjoying it though :laugh:

As far as the Central division goes, we went 2-2-2:

Minnesota and Chicago win and receive 2 points
Nashville and St. Louis lose in OT and receive 1 point
Dallas and Colorado lose and get 0 points.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Preds lose to Toronto in a shootout
Chicago loses to New Jersey
We beat Winnipeg
St Louis lose to the Rangers
Wild beat Canes in OT

Not a bad night

CarverLee

Nov 1, 2015
Around the way
New All-Star format

Hi, first time long time!

I'm extremely excited about the new AS format. How do you guys see the central shaping up? Klingberg looks to be a likely snub which would be a dman shame.

Goalies 2: Rinne, Allen

Forwards: Seguin, Benn, Kane, McKinnon, Tarasenko, Wheeler?

Dmen: Josi, Suter, Keith/Seabrook..

Assuming every team has to be represented, therefore no team should be afforded three.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Benn, Seguin, and Kane are locks.

Think I agree with you on the next three as well. Damn, what a top six that is:

Benn - Seguin - Kane
Tarasenko - MacKinnon - Wheeler

I'd think Josi, Weber, Keith, Suter, and Klingberg would all be options as well.

There's gonna be a wealth of talent from the central there no matter what, and we should have at least two players there. Three have gone before from one team, if I'm not mistaken.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Thanks goodness the Stars are doing well this year, my heart wouldn't be able to handle Dallas doing poorly and Swansea being 15th in the Premiere League

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Couple interesting deals today...

LA traded Jordan Weal and a 3rd round pick to Philadelphia for Luke Schenn and Vincent Lecavalier, both 50% retained. Vinny is retiring after this year - wants to go out right, likely wants a Cup.

And then, of course...

Columbus traded Ryan Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones. Wow.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Kopitar gets $10 million x 8 years. He deserves it, great player. (Well technically it's being finalized).

I don't think there should be any reasonable expectation of being able to sign Jamie for under that price, and honestly I believe he could (and arguably should) cost a bit more.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kopitar gets $10 million x 8 years. He deserves it, great player. (Well technically it's being finalized).

I don't think there should be any reasonable expectation of being able to sign Jamie for under that price, and honestly I believe he could (and arguably should) cost a bit more.

Only way he could get cheaper be if Jamie and the team completely fails in the playoffs the next two of seasons. Kopitar won 2 Cups with the Kings while Benn only been in the Playoffs once so far.

Then again someone else would definitly pay him ~10 Million a year regardless and we have to match ....

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
NO MORE PHANEUF TO DALLAS PROPOSALS!!!

original

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Can't wait for the mental gymnastics we get from Canadian media about how he deserves the Calder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad