OT: Non-Stars Hockey Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Toronto gets 1st overall, Winnipeg gets 2nd, Columbus gets 3rd.

Winnipeg keeps getting better.

**** this division, seriously. There's so much damn talent in it.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Toronto gets 1st overall, Winnipeg gets 2nd, Columbus gets 3rd.

Winnipeg keeps getting better.

**** this division, seriously. There's so much damn talent in it.

Keep fingers crossed some bust and the rest are too expensive. Good news is Chicago hit their peak and are past it now, ditto Minnesota. St Louis, Winnipeg, and Colorado are all budget teams while the Weber and Rinne contracts are going to be tough to deal with as they age. Good management and strong finances give us a decent shot.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Apparently Trevor Daley's mom passed away today.

RIP. She worked three jobs at one point to afford hockey for him.

Glad she got to see him lift the Cup, at least. :(

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Depends , is he still RFA after those 3 years ? If not he's going to get paid afterwards bigtime.

I mean Benn took somewhat cheap 5 year contract after the lockout to eat all of his RFA years and now he got paid the big bucks.

fivecups

Nov 9, 2011
Edmonton
Hey guys Edmonton fan here. I'm heading to Dallas this weekend for the game on Saturday

We get into Dallas on Thursday. Does anyone have any recommendations for a sports bar that has center ice package and might show the Oilers vs kings game on Thursday? We're staying at a hotel in Uptown

Any help would be great! Looking forward to visiting Texas for the first time

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Friedman says NHL execs think Shattenkirk to the Rangers. How on earth do they have cap room for that?

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Benn is a good 5-6 dman. The problem with him is the Stars have several of those. I feel they traded him because he had the most value.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Is there a reason Benn wasn't liked? He seems like a very competent Dman.

Used to be very mistake prone. As such, a lot of people were very bias against him and didn't re-evaluate their opinions once he improved his game.

He was very solid for Dallas this year. Bad trade for the Stars.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Jyrki Jokippaka has been told he won't be qualified by Sens. He is headed to Europe.

Funny, for a while he beat out the Nemeth and Oleksiak of the world. Stars didn't care to keep him. Started strong with Flames, got traded, obviously they saw him as fringe NHL D man, too.

Good luck, Kevin. Should be a killer D in Euro leagues.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
So, let me preface, I don't like most things...I'm really just apathetic and sarcastic, so I look for faults in things for comedic value...

That said, this is my first real visit to Dallas...been here since Thursday afternoon and I have really enjoyed my time here. I am least impressed with the fact that it doesn't cool off. I left the AAC Friday night at like 11 pm and just about passed away. It doesn't cool off when the sun goes away here? In Philadelphia, it gets hot, but when the sun goes to sleep, you get some reprieve. It felt like it was 90 still at 1 am. How everyone is not dead is a testament to your strength or evolution.

I am super impressed with how accessible and navigable the city is. I was a little concerned that it was one of these Western cities with no sidewalks, no public transit, no walk-ability, and lots of eight lane highways with clover leaves...but I haven't even considered using uber/taxi once here. Even from the airport. I live in Center City Philadelphia and used to live in N.Y. metro, I walk or take public transportation to most things because it's faster and easier than alternatives...so I am very impressed with the ease of use and navigable quality of the city.

Been wandering through the West End today as it's a day off to wind down after the draft...just enjoying my time, the food is terrific and the people are less annoying by a whole tier compared to Philadelphia (though your homeless are more aggressive than back east)...

Glad I came and explored the area a bit... :thumbu:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So, let me preface, I don't like most things...I'm really just apathetic and sarcastic, so I look for faults in things for comedic value...

That said, this is my first real visit to Dallas...been here since Thursday afternoon and I have really enjoyed my time here. I am least impressed with the fact that it doesn't cool off. I left the AAC Friday night at like 11 pm and just about passed away. It doesn't cool off when the sun goes away here? In Philadelphia, it gets hot, but when the sun goes to sleep, you get some reprieve. It felt like it was 90 still at 1 am. How everyone is not dead is a testament to your strength or evolution.

I am super impressed with how accessible and navigable the city is. I was a little concerned that it was one of these Western cities with no sidewalks, no public transit, no walk-ability, and lots of eight lane highways with clover leaves...but I haven't even considered using uber/taxi once here. Even from the airport. I live in Center City Philadelphia and used to live in N.Y. metro, I walk or take public transportation to most things because it's faster and easier than alternatives...so I am very impressed with the ease of use and navigable quality of the city.

Been wandering through the West End today as it's a day off to wind down after the draft...just enjoying my time, the food is terrific and the people are less annoying by a whole tier compared to Philadelphia (though your homeless are more aggressive than back east)...

Glad I came and explored the area a bit... :thumbu:

Glad you enjoyed your visit, and nope it basically doesn't cool off much at all when the sun goes down. Temperature will stay close to the same, only difference is the sun doesn't beat down on you during the night obviously so it's at least a little better. Coolest itll get during the summer is maybe low to mid 80s early in the morning and late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad