Non-Star Player From Your Franchise's Past You Look Back on Glowingly

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
As a Sens fan

Wade Redden, Matt Carkner and Magnus Arvedson we’re three of my all time favorite Senators

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Derek Armstrong. Feel like I ran into that guy everywhere I went in a 3 year span :laugh:

Adam Deadmarsh, probably borderline star.

Willie Mitchell, Rob Scuderi, Matt Greene, Robyn Regehr. Totally unsung and crapped on in the advanced stats era. All heart.

Jaroslav Modry. Kinda synchronous with some shitty Kings' teams, but he was one of the only guys who stuck around through a lot of shit.

Robb Stauber!

Tony Granato, probably borderline star.

Ian Laperriere.

Lotta non-star names we had to latch onto over years of being godawful, you had to look for heart and personality to enjoy hockey at times, or small miracles to get out of a playoff round.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Zach Bogosian. I mean he was a star, but he's bound to be 3rd pairing for the rest of his career or number one on a bad team.

Great guy though, sadly didn't make the best choices in life.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Detroit has too many, like the Grind Line (all four of them), Lapoint, Kozlov, but I'll go with Tomas Holmstrom. One of the most easily identifiable Red Wings of all time (alright, maybe he can be confused with Cicarelli sometimes). Heart of a lion. Would cost us an occasional goal (especially before that stupid foot-in-the-crease rule was eliminated), but bring so much more to the table! I wouldn't mind seeing his jersey retired.

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
Dan Hinote is still one of my favorite Avs players of all time. He just always seemed to have a smile on his face, and loved what he was doing.

Ian Laperriere is also hard not the like.

Danny Hinote instantly came to my mind. Loved his attitude and always seemed to be giving 110% every time he was on the ice.

#13 was the first Avs jersey I bought!

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
636123129917333645-DFP-0315-mccarty-pun-1-.JPG
My favorite player growing up, at the time I thought he was every bit as important as yzerman, fedorov, shanny

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Have to say Bob Probert (RIP) his mom use to live by me as a kid and if saw us out playing road hockey he would grab a stick and come play for a bit and as a 10 year I can say I dropped the gloves with one of the great fighters :laugh:

Reactions: Sigh

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Joe Mullen.

While he was a star in his own right, Pens were blessed with many all-time talents and he flew under the radar when he was a Penguin.

He played the game with his own unique style and always seemed to come up with a big goal at the right time.

Easily my favorite Pens player ever with Kovy and Zubov.

Reactions: theicebox

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Yeah there are so many non-star Wings who were fun to watch when the team was bad or important to winning when they got good. The idiots in charge at various times in the past traded away some of my favorites (Henry Boucha, Kelly Kisio, Dallas Drake) much too soon. I'll add Nick Libett, Shawn Burr (RIP), Gerard Gallant and Mathieu Dandenault to those already mentioned. Also, Dennis Polonich, a tough little SOB who would drop with anybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: