News: Non Qualified Players

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Bruins need to snatch one of these UFAs

Like McLeod. Not sure what Devils are doing...

McLeod one of the top FO players last season... 60 per at FO dot. 587 wins.

Like a lot of teams, Devils are conserving cap space but are trying to negotiate a deal. McLeod was an ace in the faceoff dot but also has 10 goals in his last 157 regular season games. They're probably trying to sign him for something closer to his AAV last year instead of risking an arbitration award that'd give him a decent sized raise.

They traded for Curtis Lazar at the deadline which seems like a fallback plan if McLeod and/or Bastian end up taking deals elsewhere.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
For the Devils I am pretty sure of these guys not being qualified.

Ryan Graves ( I smell Vancouver)
Miles Wood (someone is going to overpay)
Tomas Tatar
I have a feeling Lou tries to get Myles Wood. Then his father shows up as an assistant somehow.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Bruins need to snatch one of these UFAs

Like McLeod. Not sure what Devils are doing...

McLeod one of the top FO players last season... 60 per at FO dot. 587 wins.

Elite face off guy. Can't do anything else really. One of the worst shots in the league bar none. I thought he looked better offensively last year just with the way he carried with puck and he had some nice passes, but you really shouldn't be paying him anything that starts with a 2 mostly likely unless its right at like 3 years, 2.05 million or something. He's not even great defensively. He's a 4th line player, unfortunately. I'm a little surprised that they didn't qualify him, but he's also not good enough to be afraid of losing.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Poehling :( would have liked to see him back
I don't get it, he seemed to be doing well and is a rare younger guy on PIT.

If Montreal didn't have too many contracts already I'd want him back.

If Montreal gave up on him and PIT is letting him go, I wonder what's the problem. It's not like he was going to win a big arbitration award...

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't get it, he seemed to be doing well and is a rare younger guy on PIT.

If Montreal didn't have too many contracts already I'd want him back.

If Montreal gave up on him and PIT is letting him go, I wonder what's the problem. It's not like he was going to win a big arbitration award...

He allegedly has some major health issue. There have been murmurs about it all off-season that he has some major issue with his back that may hurt his effectiveness going forward.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
This unqualified RFA class really gave a shot in the arm to the UFA class. Some really interesting depth names out there.

Reactions: Pepe Cahones

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Obviously Garionov and Geekie are going to see plenty of interest.

Fischer is an interesting one. He’s never really done what we thought he might. Someone will give him a deal because of what he was supposed to be. Just because it’s been the Coyotes.

Anderson-Dolan probably doesn’t get as much interest as people think. He’d be smart to take the first one-way offer he gets, as they may dry up quickly.

The 3 Devils will get plenty of looks too, as well as Caleb Jones.

There’s always teams who feel they can fix an issue with a dman. He has the feet and the physical ability to be a good retriever, and make that first pass. He’s just looked overwhelmed a lot of the time. Someone will try fixing that with him.

Not sure there’s a difference maker but maybe Garionov lands with the Rangers or someone with other Russians and kickstarts his career again. He’s too talented not to get offers.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Elite face off guy. Can't do anything else really. One of the worst shots in the league bar none. I thought he looked better offensively last year just with the way he carried with puck and he had some nice passes, but you really shouldn't be paying him anything that starts with a 2 mostly likely unless its right at like 3 years, 2.05 million or something. He's not even great defensively. He's a 4th line player, unfortunately. I'm a little surprised that they didn't qualify him, but he's also not good enough to be afraid of losing.
He is a good skater. There is still a ceiling to reach. With the Bruins luck with these kind of players... "Zacha" him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad