GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 2: Commence rookie QBs

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
you were correct.
Note to self, prepare to buy lottery tickets after the appeal result is announced. And hope the jackpot climbs again.

GooGooMuck

May 15, 2009
Lancaster, PA
As a Browns fan who has denounced the team because of Watson, I am seeking a new team to cheer for. Debating on jumping on the Panthers bandwagon since Baker was shipped here and because of the Canes connection. As Panther fans, is this a terrible idea? Is there nothing but misery and sadness ahead if I take this course? Do you get used to the awful color of teal after a while?

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
As a Browns fan who has denounced the team because of Watson, I am seeking a new team to cheer for. Debating on jumping on the Panthers bandwagon since Baker was shipped here and because of the Canes connection. As Panther fans, is this a terrible idea? Is there nothing but misery and sadness ahead if I take this course? Do you get used to the awful color of teal after a while?
Of course there's nothing but misery and sadness. You'll feel right at home.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Just pull a John Madden.

When you have 2 good football teams playing, you have a good football game.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean, Tepper's a meddling arrogant asshat of the highest order, but he hasn't brought in anyone with a reputation of Watson that I can recall. So if you're looking for a group that is going to be well run with a high potential for success, I'd look elsewhere. If you're looking for a group where annoyance at the teams ownership is the order of the day but otherwise it's a pretty good time in the MST3K sense, welcome aboard.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet, the Carolina Panthers are probably up there with the Atlanta Hawks as the most average sports franchise in North America. I say average and not mediocre because they do have 1 really elite season, a Cinderella Super Bowl run, and some decent seasons. So there is some resemblance of relevance here despite no Lombardi trophy.

But also, for the average person not from here, I'm really not sure why anyone would be a Panthers fan. Aside from the franchise itself, the atmosphere at games is pretty bland as is Bank of America Stadium. Look I've actually been to a Browns game (In December when they were like 2-12 or something) and I was blown away by the passion and enthusiasm that simply only exists here once every 10 years.

I mean, right now if I had to guess, they might squeak into a wild-card spot this upcoming season but in reality they will probably go 7-9 like usual and may or may not be searching for a new coaching staff.

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
I'm going to try and make this short and sweet, the Carolina Panthers are probably up there with the Atlanta Hawks as the most average sports franchise in North America. I say average and not mediocre because they do have 1 really elite season, a Cinderella Super Bowl run, and some decent seasons. So there is some resemblance of relevance here despite no Lombardi trophy.

But also, for the average person not from here, I'm really not sure why anyone would be a Panthers fan. Aside from the franchise itself, the atmosphere at games is pretty bland as is Bank of America Stadium. Look I've actually been to a Browns game (In December when they were like 2-12 or something) and I was blown away by the passion and enthusiasm that simply only exists here once every 10 years.

I mean, right now if I had to guess, they might squeak into a wild-card spot this upcoming season but in reality they will probably go 7-9 like usual and may or may not be searching for a new coaching staff.
So many mights and maybes and averages - and bland, you say! IN!!

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Hey what's up with these big puffy things around the goddamned helmets? I assume concussion reducers? Just for practice or for games too?

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Hey what's up with these big puffy things around the goddamned helmets? I assume concussion reducers? Just for practice or for games too?

Practice, possibly games one day, all courtesy of new Helmet Commissioner Mark "Gazoo" Kelso.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Practice, possibly games one day, all courtesy of new Helmet Commissioner Mark "Gazoo" Kelso.

I mean- they should just switch the helmets completely to soft padding, like they used to be. Putting soft over hard is weird and looks dumb.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean- they should just switch the helmets completely to soft padding, like they used to be. Putting soft over hard is weird and looks dumb.
Genuinely might be a good idea. Players would be more careful about the hits they deliver and I've seen some studies that say the sport would likely be a little safer with far fewer concussions.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
the worst part of being a Panthers fan post 2015 up until the Rhule era was the sheer amount of idiot Panther fans that fellated this guy 24/7. "Gettlemagic" "Hawg mollies"

He literally inherited almost every impact player for the Panthers and then proceeded to f*** everything up and somehow got an even more high profile job in the process. f*** that guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad