GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 2: Commence rookie QBs

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Probably the worst defensive performance I've seen in decades from the Vikings today. Just flat out embarrassing effort. Look forward to the annual Aints choke in the playoffs this year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Only watched the last few minutes of the Dolphins game, but pretty crazy. Miami ties it at 16 with 4 minutes left. Then gives up an 85 yard TD to fall behind 6 with missed extra point seconds later. Miami gets a 59 yard TD out of the RB on a short pass to go ahead 1. Then Miami gets a like 49 yard pass interference and the Raiders elect to not try to punch it in and get a field goal to go ahead with 19 seconds left. Fitzmagic completes a long pass on a busted play while being face masked to get into FG range, and then Miami wins it on a FG (think I got all that about right). Don't think endings get much crazier.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Kinda sad that one of the top 8 seeds in AFC will miss the play-offs while the winner of NFC East does.

Raiders getting a taste of Fitzmagic. I like that.
Also can someone tell me who wins the tiebreaker between Bears and Cardinals?

I don’t want Bears making it.
And Browns basically lost all their WRs.
Browns lose top 4 receivers for Sunday's game vs. Jets after recovery pool encounters

They really need that running game now.

Or for Jets to have a brain and lose this.

Last edited:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Getting Lawrence might have just secured the Jags long-term future in Jacksonville, which is a great thing for everyone.

I'm also sure he'd rather play in Florida with zero media pressure than having to deal with the NY media on a daily basis to go along with playing for the Jets.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Getting Lawrence might have just secured the Jags long-term future in Jacksonville, which is a great thing for everyone.

I'm also sure he'd rather play in Florida with zero media pressure than having to deal with the NY media on a daily basis to go along with playing for the Jets.

Only if they actually have success, which I'm not so sure about. Lawrence could be absolutely amazing but it's pretty rare that terrible franchises are "saved" by a single player. They need to overhaul their front office and hire a great coach. Not easy to do with a questionable owner like theirs. I do have a soft spot for the Jags though as our "expansion brothers." And I love Lawrence. Should be fun to follow and I hope they do well there but I'd be hesitant to say he'll "save" them or ensure they stay in Jacksonville long term.

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Reading Jets fans comments about the Jaguars and their fans is hilarious. Reminds me of comments about us as Canes fans and our team, especially when we landed Svech

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Jacksonville is one of my least favorite places I've visited but good for them. Agreed that they'll need to get a lot in place to get things going in the right direction but a legit franchise QB would be a good place to start.

Lots of teams blew big chances today and yesterday.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
The orchestral Sunday night music at the end of Red Zone is some of the saddest music ever.

Right up there with the ticking sound of the 60 Minutes clock from my childhood.

Football is over, school tomorrow.
I used to get sad when Soul Train would come on after cartoons on Saturday morning...

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Belated congratulations to former Panthers DC Sean McDermott for turning the Buffalo Bills around and leading them to their first AFC East title since 1995.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As a Pats fan, I ain't even mad. Glad to see the Bills and Dolphins show a pulse. They're both fun to watch in different ways too.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I used to like the WFT but then long ago now Dan Snyder bought them after Jack Kent Cooke passed... Enough misfortune cannot befall that man.

I grew up within sight of old RFK. One of my first memories was when I was 5, we were at my grandmother's apartment on Thanksgiving Day, and we were watching Redskins/Cowboys. That was the Clint Longley game, and afterwards my Dad stomped out of the house and got into a fistfight with the Stop sign at the corner.

We could never afford tickets, but we would always watch on TV, and then sometimes after a big play I would run out to the back porch to see if I could hear the crowd cheering from across the river. Sometimes I would swear I could.

Dan Snyder ruined every single bit of that, and I will never forgive him.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad