GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
There are a lot of interesting storylines in this ****ed up year/season. I really am rooting hard for the Browns and I think they will make it. I hate that they finally put it together again in a year where few or no fans can be involved. Happened with a few baseball teams that ended long droughts this year as well. Imagine not getting that Mrazek moment when we finally clinched the playoffs again or that emotional ass-whooping of Washington in game 3 in front of a jacked-up crowd.

I hate the Steelers, and I don't think they have played quite as well as their record indicates, but being undefeated this late is always a story.

The NFC is a tragic comedy. It's so bad. Can't count anybody out of it. I'd like to see the Football Team come through because of the Alex Smith comeback.

And, of course, the Chiefs continue to be a fun team to watch. Too bad their best receiver is a POS.
Browns need to channel that 2020 energy.

I mean I wasn't there and it was still epic... I saw game 7 against the Capitals after passing Radiology. I was supposed to go to school (Forensics) the next day because I already converted my day of absence.
I had 7 beers and half an hour of sleep because I was still flying with the rest of you for about an hour and a half. I somehow managed to survive the next morning. Fortunately, the guy who was in charge of the lesson was very understanding and about a month later he examined me from Genetics and it was quite friendly, so yeah this was memorable on several fronts.

That being said, I fully understand.

I am still fresh to the sport (I basically got into it, because I needed to fill a hole), why is the best WR POS? You mean Hill, don't you?

Oh just imagine if the East's winner went against Tampa and actually *won*.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Browns need to channel that 2020 energy.

I mean I wasn't there and it was still epic... I saw game 7 against the Capitals after passing Radiology. I was supposed to go to school (Forensics) the next day because I already converted my day of absence.
I had 7 beers and half an hour of sleep because I was still flying with the rest of you for about an hour and a half. I somehow managed to survive the next morning. Fortunately, the guy who was in charge of the lesson was very understanding and about a month later he examined me from Genetics and it was quite friendly, so yeah this was memorable on several fronts.

That being said, I fully understand.

I am still fresh to the sport (I basically got into it, because I needed to fill a hole), why is the best WR POS? You mean Hill, don't you?

Oh just imagine if the East's winner went against Tampa and actually *won*.
Yeah, Hill. He assaulted his pregnant girlfriend in college. Had more sketchy stuff come up in 2019 with some recordings. I don't think much came of it but I don't exactly give him the benefit of the doubt.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, Hill. He assaulted his pregnant girlfriend in college. Had more sketchy stuff come up in 2019 with some recordings. I don't think much came of it but I don't exactly give him the benefit of the doubt.
Well, I stand by the "innocent until proven guilty", but if he was proven to be guilty... "fu^k that fu^ker".

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

It still fascinates me that the Chiefs decided to keep Hill and extend him but release Hunt. Everything Hill has been accused of is way worse than what Hunt did, the only difference was the video (which to me was quite tame). It would make more sense if Hunt was a lesser player but at the time of his release, he was arguably a more impactful player than Hill. Hunt led the league in rushing the year before the incident and in that season before he was released he had over 100 yards per game and over a TD per game. Yes, WR is more important than RB, but it still just doesn't make much sense to me. If they claim to only want saints on their team both should've been gone. And if they want to win football games and give guys a chance unless they're literal murderers then they should've kept Hunt. I think they would've won back to back super bowls if they kept Hunt and if he wasn't suspended that year. Just a strange inconsistency...

Reactions: A Star is Burns

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It still fascinates me that the Chiefs decided to keep Hill and extend him but release Hunt. Everything Hill has been accused of is way worse than what Hunt did, the only difference was the video (which to me was quite tame). It would make more sense if Hunt was a lesser player but at the time of his release, he was arguably a more impactful player than Hill. Hunt led the league in rushing the year before the incident and in that season before he was released he had over 100 yards per game and over a TD per game. Yes, WR is more important than RB, but it still just doesn't make much sense to me. If they claim to only want saints on their team both should've been gone. And if they want to win football games and give guys a chance unless they're literal murderers then they should've kept Hunt. I think they would've won back to back super bowls if they kept Hunt and if he wasn't suspended that year. Just a strange inconsistency...
Believe me, I agree. As I recall, wasn't one of their big things (other than the video) that Hunt lied about what happened? Still completely stupid. I think it really did come down to RB being less important than WR. They were able to score a "win" by cutting one bad apple even though they were keeping a guy that plead guilty to much worse.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Can you explain further? Saying I am new to the sport would be an understatement. Basically started to care about it 3 months ago.
I’ll relate it to Canes hockey. Imagine calling a Peter’s team an offensive juggernaut because the own the puck more and a defensive juggernaut because the team doesn’t have it a lot, we are Corsi darlings.
We lose games 2-1 or 3-2. We blame our PK for allowing the 1-2 goals. My point is are we truly offensive juggernauts if we can’t score? Sure we randomly have a 5 goal game but we are more consistently a 2 goal team.

to bring it back to the Chargers, using yards as a measure of greatness, blaming special teams play, and looking over their execution after they cross the opposing 40 is like saying a Corsi darling is great but blaming losses on a few PK failures while overlooking the fact that all the shots were from the perimeter.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I’ll rate it to Canes hockey. Imagine calling a Peters'team an offensive juggernaut because the own the puck more and a defensive juggernaut because the team doesn’t have it a lot, we are Corsi darlings.
We lose games 2-1 or 3-2. We blame our PK for allowing the 1-2 goals. My point is are we truly offensive juggernauts if we can’t score? Sure we randomly have a 5 goal game but we are more consistently a 2 goal team.

to bring it back to the Chargers, using yards as a measure of greatness, blaming special teams play, and looking over their execution after they cross the opposing 40 is like saying a Corsi darling is great but blaming losses on a few PK failures while overlooking the fact that all the shots were from the perimeter.
So in hockey terms they had lot of shots, but terrible shooting efficiency?

Last edited:
Reactions: Navin R Slavin

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
S

So in hockey terms they had lot of shots, but terrible shooting efficiency?
Basically. If they had 1000 more yards than their opponents in their first 5 games and scored a combined 61 points in their 3 losses, they are very inefficient with their offense.

dont get me wrong their special teams were regularly negative in expected points. Their offense was negative in expected points in 5 games and less than one point in 2 games. Almost half the games the offense was neutral or worse than neutral in expected points. Yards are not a good measure of an offense.
2010 San Diego Chargers Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Basically. If they had 1000 more yards than their opponents in their first 5 games and scored a combined 61 points in their 3 losses, they are very inefficient with their offense.

dont get me wrong their special teams were regularly negative in expected points. Their offense was negative in expected points in 5 games and less than one point in 2 games. Almost half the games the offense was neutral or worse than neutral in expected points. Yards are not a good measure of an offense.
2010 San Diego Chargers Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Interesting. I still have a lot to learn about the gridiron. One of the issues is that while I generally enjoy the sport I have issues watching the entire match. I did watch the majority of Chiefs vs Bucs though.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Wait what? Browns demolishing a division leader (that is not from NFC lEast). The game is obviously not over... but damn.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Interesting. I still have a lot to learn about the gridiron. One of the issues is that while I generally enjoy the sport I have issues watching the entire match. I did watch the majority of Chiefs vs Bucs though.

I don't know if it's possible to get Red Zone overseas, but I literally never watch football any other way.

If they had a Red Zone for the EPL, I'd never get off the couch on Saturdays either.

Reactions: MinJaBen

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
They're blatantly tanking, holy shit. Send 7 and go man coverage up 4 with 12 seconds left?

Come on now. That's garbage.
Yup, defenders shouldn't be in a position to have guys get behind them in that situation. They played it where guys could get behind them twice in a row.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Yup, defenders shouldn't be in a position to have guys get behind them in that situation. They played it where guys could get behind them twice in a row.

That was the first thing I said to Mrs. Hank, after I stopped laughing: "WHY ARE THEY NOT SEVEN DEEP?"

I didn't even think about the tank angle, but yes, I don't think that can be dismissed. Single coverage when they need a touchdown to beat you and have no timeouts is either insanely stupid or deliberate malfeasance.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad