GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Trevor Lawrence is going to get wrecked in Jetsland unfortunately. He can demand a trade but whoever makes that trade is going to gut a lot of draft capital.

Like I said somewhere else, this is one of those years where I wish the NFL had a draft lottery. If nothing else in a year like this, it makes for must-see TV.

Reactions: DaveG

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Byron Leftwich and Bruce Arians need to be fired out of the f***ing cannons at Ray Jay. In way can they see that pushing the ball downfield was the way to victory when the Rams couldn't stop the 5-8 yard outs/crossers? Just absolutely baffling, the two of them have no idea what to do with the talent they have. Evans was taking Ramsey's lunch money and Godwin/AB/Brate were getting an easy 5+ yards every time they threw it quick and short. Why abandon that?

Not giving any pass to Brady either, he was f***ing horrendous. Those were Jameis-esque interceptions. No clue what he was looking at with either of those.

Reactions: DaveG

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Byron Leftwich and Bruce Arians need to be fired out of the f***ing cannons at Ray Jay. In way can they see that pushing the ball downfield was the way to victory when the Rams couldn't stop the 5-8 yard outs/crossers? Just absolutely baffling, the two of them have no idea what to do with the talent they have. Evans was taking Ramsey's lunch money and Godwin/AB/Brate were getting an easy 5+ yards every time they threw it quick and short. Why abandon that?

Not giving any pass to Brady either, he was f***ing horrendous. Those were Jameis-esque interceptions. No clue what he was looking at with either of those.
I’m not sure what Bruce Arians has done to garner such favor from the media....but they slobber over him. It’s really odd.
Because nothing in his resume suggests he’s a top flight coach.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I’m not sure what Bruce Arians has done to garner such favor from the media....but they slobber over him. It’s really odd.
Because nothing in his resume suggests he’s a top flight coach.

Because he wears stupid hats, talks about getting drunk and stuff like that, I guess. Because his actual coaching is pretty terrible, anyone with half a brain can tell you his scheme doesn't work at all, especially with a 43-year old QB who's made his career in the quick passing game.

It's not a coincidence that the 4 losses this year have come against teams with good defenses (NO x2, CHI, LAR). It's the easiest scheme in the world to defend, play two high safeties and rush 4. No point in covering the underneath routes, they're not running them anyways. Plus, if you manage to get a lead, Leftwich/Arians will completely abandon the run game, so you don't even need to put numbers in the box.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think Arians falls pretty firmly in the solid or decent section of NFL coaches. Considering where the Buccaneers have been the last 12 years, seems about as good as you could have hoped for. If he flops in the playoffs this year, you can perhaps move on and get a better option for the very small window that will remain.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
3 different quarterbacks have thrown their career high number of interceptions with Arians at the helm - Carson Palmer, Andrew Luck, and Jameis Winston. Tom Brady might be the 4th.

Bruce Arians sucks.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
3 different quarterbacks have thrown their career high number of interceptions with Arians at the helm - Carson Palmer, Andrew Luck, and Jameis Winston. Tom Brady might be the 4th.

Bruce Arians sucks.
One has to wonder how would Bucs do if they just let Brady do stuff on his own. We won't get a proper comparison, but... makes you think.

Andrew Luck
Fu^k Irsay.

Also... The Eagles lead NFC East with a 3-6-1 record. THEY ARE NOT THE LAST, BUT FIRST IN THEIR DIVISION BECAUSE OF A TIE AGAINST THE FREAKING CINCINNATI BUNGLES.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Pathetic display from Dallas today especially after their strength and conditioning coach died yesterday. Mike McCarthy is a hack, his play calling sucked.

Reactions: Tryamw

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Pathetic display from Dallas today especially after their strength and conditioning coach died yesterday. Mike McCarthy is a hack, his play calling sucked.
Mike McCarthy sucks. I feel bad for the Cowboys roster, because some of them (most of the backup O linemen) are playing way over their heads. They were in that game despite that f***ing stupid 4th and inches at their own 30....and then they fake punt it from their 20.

Just fire him. Admit the mistake, fire him, and move forward.

Reactions: HisIceness

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I couldn't help thinking that Mccarthy looked bad, like, physically not in a healthy place. Its not like he was svelte in Green Bay but he didn't look quite like he did yesterday. Maybe it was the jacket not doing him any favors but man he did not look well

Reactions: HisIceness

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not NFL but I just secured my ticket for the 2021 Grey Cup in Hamilton this November. After all the awfulness of the past year seeing the Cats win their first Grey Cup in 22 years at home would go a long way towards making up for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad