GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion (2017 and beyond)

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
By the way big thanks to Joe Suck, er Buck for the lovely reminder of the moment my entire childhood was destroyed 31 years ago in that building. Seriously Joe, go die in a fire.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
One day this will be the Panthers... in 2120 when we're all dead and football is basically a virtual reality Madden game
In all seriousness, rumor has it that Tepper wants a full rebrand. There have been considerations for new mascot and colors.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
In all seriousness, rumor has it that Tepper wants a full rebrand. There have been considerations for new mascot and colors.
If he does that, he's going to face a lot of backlash. Teams like the Bucs and Jags rebranded and they look like clown shows now, IMO. If that's what he's going for people will riot.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I never really understood the name carolina panthers... is there any significance to it other than it sounds cool? I think a rebrand now would be a terrible idea- mccaffrey notwithstanding their core is aging/moving on and there are down years coming. Any new brand in the next couple years will likely just be associated with crummy teams

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Please rebrand. Or just the colors. I've still kept my distance from being more of a fan because of those f***ing colors. Top 3 worst in all sports.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I never really understood the name carolina panthers... is there any significance to it other than it sounds cool? I think a rebrand now would be a terrible idea- mccaffrey notwithstanding their core is aging/moving on and there are down years coming. Any new brand in the next couple years will likely just be associated with crummy teams
Not the deepest history, but Panthers were long ago native to NC...combined that with "it sounds cool" is honestly enough of a connection. Ironic though, it's also linked probably more heavily to Florida -> Florida Panthers, perhaps because we already stole Hurricanes...despite the fact that Florida is more heavily linked to hurricanes as well?? We're just trolling really lol
Carolina Panther | NCpedia

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Not the deepest history, but Panthers were long ago native to NC...combined that with "it sounds cool" is honestly enough of a connection. Ironic though, it's also linked probably more heavily to Florida -> Florida Panthers, perhaps because we already stole Hurricanes...despite the fact that Florida is more heavily linked to hurricanes as well?? We're just trolling really lol
Carolina Panther | NCpedia

The Carolina Tarheels was already taken, the Carolina Hog Lagoons doesn't really have the right feel to it, and the Carolina Tobacconists is just a bit old-timey.

Although I'd be down with the Carolina Blackbeards.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think the idea is terrible but if it means they will no longer wear those light blue uniforms with the silver pants then I'm fine with that. Easily the worst thing they wear.

My guess is Tepper wants to undo the Richardson era as much as possible.

Think the name 'Panthers' was Richardsons idea from the get-go. Keep in mind too that his idea for the NFL in Charlotte went back to 1987, so technically the NHLs Panthers are copying the NFLs Panthers :nod:

Reactions: WreckingCrew

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If Buffalo fans have to wish ill upon anyone who reminds them of a bad sports moment, that'll be a very long list. :sarcasm:
Ummmmmmmm...
FB_IMG_1577995891168.jpg

#WhoDey

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I can’t imagine a logo or color scheme impacting cheering (or not) for a team. I guess that’s me.
Not really, that's pretty much anyone who isn't a casual or bangwagon type of fan. By definition, any serious or diehard fan wouldn't let something so trivial affect their fanhood.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I think colors/logo is a big part of being a fan... if nothing else it definitely makes me dislike a bunch of teams. I dislike the capitals and blue jackets for a lot of reasons, but a big one for each is that their jerseys are a mess and they have better branding that they dont use.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad