Non-Minnesota NHL News XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
whats wrong with nhl cheerleaders? lady panthers getting pink slips. adam proteau talks about FLA discontinuing cheerleaders. http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/hey-nhl-lets-treat-women-as-equals-and-ice-the-ice-girls/ also pekka rinne's new gladiator goalie mask! http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/check-out-pekka-rinnes-excellent-new-gladiator-mask-design/

Not politically correct/disrespectful.

:cry: Give me a break. Its a business and hot chicks are nice to look at for all the men who love hockey. Makes plenty of sense to me. Its not as if these women don't get paid and are forced into their side job. Same thing as all the yogo pants walking around the arena during games/anywhere in america. So disrespectful and demeaning that they wear those pants that are nothing more than another layer of skin :sarcasm: Society is so worried about how people feel/political correctness these days it is terrible. Put me in a time machine :shakehead

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Not politically correct/disrespectful.

:cry: Give me a break. Its a business and hot chicks are nice to look at for all the men who love hockey. Makes plenty of sense to me. Its not as if these women don't get paid and are forced into their side job. Same thing as all the yogo pants walking around the arena during games/anywhere in america. So disrespectful and demeaning that they wear those pants that are nothing more than another layer of skin :sarcasm: Society is so worried about how people feel/political correctness these days it is terrible. Put me in a time machine :shakehead

I've always felt that scantily clad "ice girls" was the dumbest thing ever, and only done by non traditional markets desperate for fans.

I'm a straight male, but I'm at the game to watch hockey. If I want to go see hooters and butts, I'll go to King of Diamonds.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Meh. Just another excuse for people to get pissed off at. I mean, it's ice hockey. There's a lot of fast-paced action, some violence and yes, beautiful women wearing tight clothing. I'm not for it, nor am I against it. I guess it's just part of the spectacle.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Minnesota-native Justin Braun... 5 years @ 3.8 AAV.

Not bad for a 7th rounder.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Thought they'd offer him more than that. Huh. Only 1 real good year so far, I suppose.

Johansen wants big money AND big term right away... Not gonna happen.

Columbus management has wanted a bridge deal all along, and it's obvious their offers are trying to funnel Johansen towards that type of deal.

I don't understand why Johansen's camp is so opposed to a bridge contract. The majority of players who play well through their bridge get paid afterwards.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Johansen wants big money AND big term right away... Not gonna happen.

Columbus management has wanted a bridge deal all along, and it's obvious their offers are trying to funnel Johansen towards that type of deal.

I don't understand why Johansen's camp is so opposed to a bridge contract. The majority of players who play well through their bridge get paid afterwards.

Johansen scored almost double the pts Niederreiter did and they are offering him $400k/yr more. I wouldn't take that first deal, not sure about the others.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Spin-o-Rama shouldn't be illegal, but the interpretation should be strict. Always keep puck moving forward, no interfering with the goalie.

Also, the Kane goal a few years ago was illegal. He pulled the puck backwards at one point.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Spin-o-Rama shouldn't be illegal, but the interpretation should be strict. Always keep puck moving forward, no interfering with the goalie.

Also, the Kane goal a few years ago was illegal. He pulled the puck backwards at one point.

Those two things alone would disqualify most, if not all, previous goals.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Not worth having for just one 'maybe'.

Currently there's a rule explicitly permitting the Spin-O-Rama; instead of adding a rule banning it, we should just remove that rule and just say "the only rule is you have to keep it in forward progress." That would be enough to imply "it's your ass on the line if you accidentally pull it backwards when spinning" without having to make these little nitpicky extra rules.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm happy they removed the "intent to blow the whistle" rule. Can't remember how many goals were taken away last season due to that joke of a rule. :facepalm:

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I've always felt that scantily clad "ice girls" was the dumbest thing ever, and only done by non traditional markets desperate for fans.

I'm a straight male, but I'm at the game to watch hockey. If I want to go see hooters and butts, I'll go to King of Diamonds.

I love that place :laugh: probably a bit too much.

Back on topic. Anyone think Edmonton gets out of the gutter this year with all their overpaid signings?

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I hope Barker doesn't take this full circle thing too far and end up with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad