Non-Minnesota NHL News XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Pretty cool for philly to give him a chance. He's a good coach and will bring some fire and intensity. I'm always for new coaches coming into the league

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Oilers hire McLellan.

Franchise player, competent management, solid coach. Gotta think that ship is going to be sailing right, now.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Oilers hire McLellan.

Franchise player, competent management, solid coach. Gotta think that ship is going to be sailing right, now.

I'll believe it when I see it. People said they were going to be an unreal team after drafting #1 three straight years. Then they ended up still being an embarrassment.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it. People said they were going to be an unreal team after drafting #1 three straight years. Then they ended up still being an embarrassment.

Mostly due to incompetent management and poor coaching. Both of those problems are fixed now, and like gphr said, McDavid on top of that.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well this is the best shot they've got at getting out of the basement.

If they can't get back to respectability within two years and say, playoffs within 3, then there is no hope for that franchise.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Why's that? Also I'd never heard of Hakstol before, so he's apparently UND head coach? Someone care to fill me in on what I should know about him?
UND and Minnesota are intense rivals.

Search "Minnesota UND handshake line" for more on that...

His North Dakota teams were always known for their physical play. As a Gopher fan I'm obviously biased, but I don't think many would describe his teams as "classy" :laugh:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

His North Dakota teams were always known for their physical play. As a Gopher fan I'm obviously biased, but I don't think many would describe his teams as "classy" :laugh:

Holy crap, that was heated. "No ****ing class!" :laugh:

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods

UND players "out class" gophers players and it's not close. Toews , Parise, Greene (all captains of some form) > Wheeler, Kessel, and Vanek. It's not even a debate in my eyes

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
UND players "out class" gophers players and it's not close. Toews , Parise, Greene (all captains of some form) > Wheeler, Kessel, and Vanek. It's not even a debate in my eyes

I wasn't talking about the quality of NHL players they produce.

It was a comment on their team identity/attitude under Hak.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

As a UND student, I can say Ben Blood was a class act who showed nothing but respect to his opponents ;)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Reports say Babcock out of Detroit and no Buffalo or San Jose. Toronto now front-runners with St Louis still in the mix?

Edit: St Louis out? Toronto it is?

Last edited:

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Babcock to Toronto:

@DarrenDreger: Sources say Mike Babcock has been hired by the Maple Leafs. Mammoth 8 yr contract believed to be around $50 million.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Babcock to Toronto:

@DarrenDreger: Sources say Mike Babcock has been hired by the Maple Leafs. Mammoth 8 yr contract believed to be around $50 million.

tumblr_n6eejhw8BB1taao3wo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce