Non-Minnesota NHL News XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
So Forsberg wasn't nominated for the Calder. What's crazy is that he had more points than our top point-scorer. And he wasn't even nominated for an award for best rookie. Insane.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So the Oilers just picked up the guy who GM'd the Bruins to some very successful years, and they're handing him a team with some decent players and McDavid incoming.

They're a head coach away from potentially finally getting the hell out of the cellar.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Lol, I don't even know why I bother with Sports Center anymore.

They were standing in front of a screen with the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo, and they're talking about the Steph Curry shot for almost a full minute. "Wow! What an amazing shot, I'm sure you've all seen it by now!"

Then the blonde says "We'll get back to the NBA soon, but for now, we're going to talk about the NHL" (I lol'd at this. "DON'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL PLEASE WE'LL GET BACK TO BASKETBALL SOON!!!")

Then Melrose talks for about 60 seconds, and boom, back to basketball. Steph Curry being interviewed about that shot.

:laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah, all of those 3-0 series are so exciting :sarcasm: :laugh:

Seriously, what a joke. (I'm an NBA hater for the record). Why do they even play the first round? Take away the Spurs-Clippers series, which the 'underdog' Spurs (defending champs and worse record by one game) lead the series 2-1. Other than that series, favorites are 19-0. Nineteen and zero. Five series are 3-0 right now. How can they justify a seven game series in the first round? It makes no sense.

Lol, I don't even know why I bother with Sports Center anymore.

They were standing in front of a screen with the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo, and they're talking about the Steph Curry shot for almost a full minute. "Wow! What an amazing shot, I'm sure you've all seen it by now!"

Then the blonde says "We'll get back to the NBA soon, but for now, we're going to talk about the NHL" (I lol'd at this. "DON'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL PLEASE WE'LL GET BACK TO BASKETBALL SOON!!!")

Then Melrose talks for about 60 seconds, and boom, back to basketball. Steph Curry being interviewed about that shot.

:laugh:

Reminds me of when they interviewed Coyle about his goal being number 1 on SC one night, and his response was something like, "Were there 9 dunks for the other top plays?" or something like that. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Haha I glanced at the NBA playoffs, what a joke, only one series even has both teams with at least one win.

What a pathetic excuse for a league.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Haha I glanced at the NBA playoffs, what a joke, only one series even has both teams with at least one win.

What a pathetic excuse for a league.

The NBA just doesn't have the parity that the NHL has. I am not a fan of the NBA or basketball in general at all. I will tune in if I am flipping channels and there is a close game but that is about it. Last year's Finals games were all blowouts. Besides the TV money, there really is no point of the first round being a best of 7. I don't think a team lower than a 3 seed has ever won an NBA title. So if your team gets in as a 4 or worse, you have no chance.

Give me a 0-0 over time NHL game over an NBA blowout with tons of dunks any day.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Komarov got a game misconduct for that hit.

Yay, IIHF refs..

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
CE0-C22VIAA2dp7.jpg

Yes, you guessed correctly, "polvi" is finnish for knee...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I had always been curious how Vancouver ended up with 2 and 3 overall to get both Sedins. Pretty fascinating. 3 was their own pick, and they traded up to get 4. Then they packed 4 overall with 2 third-rounders (only!) to get up to #1 overall. Then traded 1 overall AND a conditional 3rd rounder for ONLY #2 overall on the condition that Atlanta wouldn't take either Sedin.

All of this done within 24 hours. Crazy.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
I had always been curious how Vancouver ended up with 2 and 3 overall to get both Sedins. Pretty fascinating. 3 was their own pick, and they traded up to get 4. Then they packed 4 overall with 2 third-rounders (only!) to get up to #1 overall. Then traded 1 overall AND a conditional 3rd rounder for ONLY #2 overall on the condition that Atlanta wouldn't take either Sedin.

All of this done within 24 hours. Crazy.

And Atlanta chose wisely.
They found the 2nd Daigle.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sounds like it's down to 5 for Babcock, who should decide this week: Detroit, San Jose, St. Louis, Buffalo, Toronto. From what I've seen, it almost sounds like he might actually stay in Detroit, which I was doubting earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad