Non-Minnesota NHL News XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
man their D will be a lot for our forwards to deal with physically. Byfuglien Bogosian Trouba...

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah that's not gonna be fun, especially since we don't know how to check on the forecheck to begin with.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Really, Lapa? Assistant Captain....?

Well, I wasn't sure people were going to understand if I only said A ;)

But you get the idea..

****ing Oilers screwed up my bet. I had the 2 other games right, I woke up to check the score and those ******** were up 4-2 in 3rd period or something.. :rant:

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So Trouba had 1g1a 25 min of ice time and was out to protect the lead at the end. I know there was/is a large contingent of people who wanted Trouba here, so its going to be interesting to see what Dumba does.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So Trouba had 1g1a 25 min of ice time and was out to protect the lead at the end. I know there was/is a large contingent of people who wanted Trouba here, so its going to be interesting to see what Dumba does.

Hopefully crushes people harder than Trouba tried to crush Hall last night. Boy that would have been awesome had he connected.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I have to think fighting will be out of the game within five years. Visors are mandatory for new players, so that's going to limit fighting. And not being able to take off helmets means even less fighting. To top that off, Parros gets a really nasty injury sustained after the fight with his helmet on.

There's no point to these shenanigans anymore. It's not two guys in the heat of the moment trading fists, it's a sideshow of non-NHL'ers.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
The Parros injury was one of those fluky events though. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before quite like that, and the other player really looked like he did not mean for that to happen based on his reaction.

I hope they don't remove fighting, even though I could see you being right that it will be gone in five years.

Imo, that's part of the reason these guys get paid millions each year. It's a violent sport, played on ice of all things with blades and sticks, it's not supposed to be too nice, and that's why hockey fans love it as much as they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad