OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I was gonna say Rodgers is next, but he might be too busy in office lol

Possibly? I tried not to watch him on Minnesota because I hate throwing up.

Yeah. We will see if he can stay healthy.
Jacobs isn't exactly a beacon of health either.

2023 - 13 games
2022 - 17
2021 - 15
2020 - 15
2019 - 13

He does miss SOME time. Interesting graph:
1710614340051.png

And for Jones:
1710614395266.png

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Jacobs isn't exactly a beacon of health either.

2023 - 13 games
2022 - 17
2021 - 15
2020 - 15
2019 - 13

He does miss SOME time. Interesting graph:
View attachment 836925

And for Jones:
View attachment 836927
I don't remember who said it, but I believe Jacobs had significantly higher touches than Jones over the last 4 (?) seasons. The hope would be, with fewer touches, that Jacobs can stay healthy.

I think the packers are going to be targeting a running back in the draft. They just re-signed AJ Dillon to a cheap deal. He might be the #3 guy. Several packers podcasters like Jaylen Wright as a similar style to Jones.

The vikings signing Jones is low risk, high reward. 1 year deal for a guy who puts up high end numbers per carry. Great leadership too. He will help your rookie QB greatly.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't remember who said it, but I believe Jacobs had significantly higher touches than Jones over the last 4 (?) seasons. The hope would be, with fewer touches, that Jacobs can stay healthy.

I think the packers are going to be targeting a running back in the draft. They just re-signed AJ Dillon to a cheap deal. He might be the #3 guy. Several packers podcasters like Jaylen Wright as a similar style to Jones.

The vikings signing Jones is low risk, high reward. 1 year deal for a guy who puts up high end numbers per carry. Great leadership too. He will help your rookie QB greatly.
Jacobs gets roughly 250 touches per season.

Jones gets roughly 200 touches per season.

Just as an FYI as you were curious.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I'd only trade up for Caleb, Maye, or Daniels. If we don't get them, I'd prefer Penix over McCarthy. Both have some flaws that could be fatal at the NFL level, but at least Penix has the upside. Picking McCarthy would give me Ponder flashbacks. Even worse if we trade up for him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What if...

With the Vikings now having the 11th and 23rd picks. With the Chargers having dealt away all their established weapons and look like they're rebuilding... with Harbaugh the head coach there. What if he wants McCarthy at 5? What if we trade for Herbert?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Last year was the first time I really appreciate Jones in GB. He was good when Rodgers was there, but I had lingering doubts due to having a top tier QB defenses had to account for.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
What if...

With the Vikings now having the 11th and 23rd picks. With the Chargers having dealt away all their established weapons and look like they're rebuilding... with Harbaugh the head coach there. What if he wants McCarthy at 5? What if we trade for Herbert?
Ive seen this thrown around and from what ive read it sounds like with Herberts contract it really isnt possible. I think it will be 130 million in dead cap for them if they trade him.

Reactions: MuckOG

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What if...

So you watched Purple Daily today lol

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hah! Not even letting Fields compete for the starting job

I think that is a good call by PIT. Have Fields get a chance to reset and learn the playbook without the pressure of having to be "the guy" from day 1.

PIT is one of the most stable teams in the league; that is a far cry from what the Bears have been since Fields has been a pro.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think that is a good call by PIT. Have Fields get a chance to reset and learn the playbook without the pressure of having to be "the guy" from day 1.

PIT is one of the most stable teams in the league; that is a far cry from what the Bears have been since Fields has been a pro.
The bears are screwed by their own trade. Conditional 6th becomes a 4th of Fields plays 51% of the offensive plays... and Pittsburgh isn't even going to let him start unless Russ is injured.

That's why it's so funny

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The bears are screwed by their own trade. Conditional 6th becomes a 4th of Fields plays 51% of the offensive plays... and Pittsburgh isn't even going to let him start unless Russ is injured.

That's why it's so funny

There wasn't a much market for Fields, too many FA QBs and good QB draft class. Plus I think the Bears waited too long to make a move and got stuck holding the bag.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ive seen this thrown around and from what ive read it sounds like with Herberts contract it really isnt possible. I think it will be 130 million in dead cap for them if they trade him.
Can’t be $130 mill. Only the unpro-rated portion of Herbert’s SB would be dead money for the chargers. Any future base salary or roster bonus or option guaranteed money would then transfer to another team’s cap. It’s $130 mill dead if he’s cut but if traded then the new teams is responsible for future guaranteed money.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Can’t be $130 mill. Only the unpro-rated portion of Herbert’s SB would be dead money for the chargers. Any future base salary or roster bonus or option guaranteed money would then transfer to another team’s cap. It’s $130 mill dead if he’s cut but if traded then the new teams is responsible for future guaranteed money.

If im reading this correctly it looks like theyd lose 89 million in cap space with 108 million in deadcap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad