OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Pathetic. How many clock management issues have there been over the years? They are HORRIBLE in the last two minutes of the half every game, both offensively and defensively. The play calling was atrocious. How sad is it when I KNEW they were playing for the field goal from 1st and goal at the end of the game? Like WTF is this team doing? I am completely in favor of blowing it up and starting over. Bye bye Zimmer.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
O line mainly bad, secondary awful, coaching unimaginative. What's with calling a 2nd Timeout in a row? Lack of composure on the sidelines.

Cousins not great, but he is not at fault.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They just have all the symptoms of a poorly-coached team at this point. Simple as that.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Cousins was 0-10 on the last 10 3rd downs. His inability to do anything other than find a check down is why this game was lost.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
i disagree. Playcalling, 75% of our o-line, and our secondary are the reason we are continuously losing games.

zim and spielman need to go.

I place some blame on Kirk but overall I agree with you. Kubiak has proven that once his scripted plays are done with, he cannot make any adjustments to different fronts. coverages, or motions on the d-line. He has failed in every way this season, and on a team with 3 huge weapons (Cook, Thielen, JJ,) that is not good enough.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I place some blame on Kirk but overall I agree with you. Kubiak has proven that once his scripted plays are done with, he cannot make any adjustments to different fronts. coverages, or motions on the d-line. He has failed in every way this season, and on a team with 3 huge weapons (Cook, Thielen, JJ,) that is not good enough.

maybe we can trade cousins and zimmer for mike tomlin :laugh:

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Zimmer isn’t a good coach but this team would have been among the worst in the league over his tenure if it wasn’t for him and what he’s done with the defense.

Somehow Spielman continues to get the teflon treatment with year after year of awful rosters and no cap flexibility. Allowing him to have a 4th coach under his watch would be tremendously hilarious.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Zimmer isn’t a good coach but this team would have been among the worst in the league over his tenure if it wasn’t for him and what he’s done with the defense.

Somehow Spielman continues to get the teflon treatment with year after year of awful rosters and no cap flexibility. Allowing him to have a 4th coach under his watch would be tremendously hilarious.
Did you see my post just above yours?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
My guess is it would take an extended losing streak to happen during the season (which is very possible, given the schedule). I think it's a given after the season, though.
with how poorly the season has been, last weeks mess and an ugly loss this week i could see it happening sooner rather than later.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
with how poorly the season has been, last weeks mess and an ugly loss this week i could see it happening sooner rather than later.

Problem then is who is the interim? They really don't have anyone "head coach worthy" on the staff.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He's the only one and that for me is a bit iffy. At that point it may not matter though, but I won't be shocked if Zimmer lasts the season.
i agree, its iffy and it wont surprise me to see them ride it out till the off season. I just hope they bring in a younger fresher set of eyes that will rely more on the passing game. as much as i dislike kirk and his decisions at times our passing offense is good when they air it out. i dont understand the philosophy of hey we got 2 really good wr and a 3rd wr who seems to be quite solid also but lets just say f it and run cook 30 times a game and throw lateral or short routes only instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad