OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread X - The Search is on! (Scramblin' Fran Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
This field of dreams shit is so lame. A-Rod wandering around in a corn field trying to make money for Fox. The magic of baseball is its been around 130 plus years and no one has totally f***ed it up yet. But it’s coming.
If computerized balls and strikes and other
iPhone bullshit is the future than good
luck. The iPhone zombies and
The whoooo birds will not save baseball.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This field of dreams shit is so lame. A-Rod wandering around in a corn field trying to make money for Fox. The magic of baseball is its been around 130 plus years and no one has totally f***ed it up yet. But it’s coming.
If computerized balls and strikes and other
iPhone bullshit is the future than good
luck. The iPhone zombies and
The whoooo birds will not save baseball.
I think the Field of Dreams thing is cool to do as a one-off occasion. It's basically like the Winter Classic. Baseball has it's fair share of serious issues bogging down the game, but this is not one of them.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They just showed video from draft day... slick Rick, moved back in the draft, talking about after moving back, they'd try to move up to ensure they got Darrisaw.

Then after moving back, discussed moving up with a couple teams that fell through, and then ended up with Darrisaw, their intended target the entire time without moving back up anyway.

So through both good maneuvering and a little luck, they got the guy they were targeting before moving down, at a much better value spot in the round.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
They just showed video from draft day... slick Rick, moved back in the draft, talking about after moving back, they'd try to move up to ensure they got Darrisaw.

Then after moving back, discussed moving up with a couple teams that fell through, and then ended up with Darrisaw, their intended target the entire time without moving back up anyway.

So through both good maneuvering and a little luck, they got the guy they were targeting before moving down, at a much better value spot in the round.
Besides trading up a few spots for Fields, this was the best outcome in the 1st.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
where is the Vikings thread? I've been a Viking fan since the 70's and they just continue to choke away easy wins WTF????????????????????
Thanks for moving my post Mods, I see there isnt much Viking activity here, I'm a Viking/Giants fan, please one of these teams has got to win some games this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
where is the Vikings thread? I've been a Viking fan since the 70's and they just continue to choke away easy wins WTF????????????????????
Thanks for moving my post Mods, I see there isnt much Viking activity here, I'm a Viking/Giants fan, please one of these teams has got to win some games this year!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh: One of my son's bf's moved here from NJ, and is a massive Giants fan. They never fail to rub it in when the other's team loses...don't know what they are doing now!

I am slowly coming around to the conclusion that Zimmer has to go. He is(was?) a good football man, but I think the game is passing him by, and we have zero chance to get to a Championship with him coaching. He seems to make the same misjudgments year after year.

Does any other team in the NFL have our record of failure when it comes to clutch fg's and extra points?

Reactions: The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
:laugh: One of my son's bf's moved here from NJ, and is a massive Giants fan. They never fail to rub it in when the other's team loses...don't know what they are doing now!

I am slowly coming around to the conclusion that Zimmer has to go. He is(was?) a good football man, but I think the game is passing him by, and we have zero chance to get to a Championship with him coaching. He seems to make the same misjudgments year after year.

Does any other team in the NFL have our record of failure when it comes to clutch fg's and extra points?
Hey dont get me wrong, coaching, GM it doesnt matter, an easy field goal is an easy field goal! Who was it ? Gary Anderson in 98 that missed the easiest field goal of his career to get the Vikings to the SB???????? Ive seen them choke since Fran Tarkenton , Wade Wilson/Tommy Kramer, Anthony Carter, Chris Carter, Randy Moss.......

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Hey dont get me wrong, coaching, GM it doesnt matter, an easy field goal is an easy field goal! Who was it ? Gary Anderson in 98 that missed the easiest field goal of his career to get the Vikings to the SB???????? Ive seen them choke since Fran Tarkenton , Wade Wilson/Tommy Kramer, Anthony Carter, Chris Carter, Randy Moss.......
upload_2021-9-20_4-4-31.gif

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

No doubt the field goal needs to be made, but Zimmer's clock management yesterday was downright horrendous, at the end of both halves.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I was at the game last night. I knew as soon as he missed that XP that the tides would shift after. I wasn't at all surprised when they missed the final field goal, and I just laughed, lots of the younger fans were screaming mad lol. It was a great atmosphere tho, TONS of Vikings fans, at least it was an exciting game and not some 7-3 snoozer

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will say that the O line looked much better and the penalties were cleaned up, but really, they didn't look like a team that was ready to play last week. That's coaching.

The secondary of the Vikings scares me now, and the defense overall just looks average. That's what Zimmer is supposed to be good at.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm not as upset by this loss as the Bengals loss. We should've carved up the Bengals. Shouldn't have even been close to needing overtime to do it. Played terrible in every phase of the game.

The Cardinals? They're a damn good team. With how we played a crap team, I was expecting to get steam rolled. We were with them stride for stride. Sure, we lost because of a field goal miss, but... whatever. We haven't had a money kicker since Ryan Longwell. I guess I'm just used to that at this point.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Wolves can never make it easy on themselves.

Outside of the Jimmy Butler year this season had some of most positive energy around the team in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad