I was watching RDS and they were interviewing players from the WJC

I was surprised when Gudbranson came up, didn't know he spoke fluent french

Same thing with Dan Boyle a few years ago

any others?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Dominic Moore, Jonathan Toews (I know he was mentioned)

Mike Camalleri

Cammalleri doesn't speak French at all.

If you're referring to his twitter he gets a French friend to translate all his tweets.

Jeff Halpern, on the other hand, speaks French very well. Especially for an American who isn't even from a French family.

And as for Toews, he speaks it but he's not "completely fluent" like some people are suggesting. He has a pretty bad accent.

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal

If you're referring to his twitter he gets a French friend to translate all his tweets.

Jeff Halpern, on the other hand, speaks French very well. Especially for an American who isn't even from a French family.

And as for Toews, he speaks it but he's not "completely fluent" like some people are suggesting. He has a pretty bad accent.

Cammalleri's name was a joke, mostly related to his Happy new year message (100% in french, with a good accent, but sounded weird, as if learned phonetically :) )

I had Halpern there,.. Him and Moore both have good university training.

coconut

Aug 31, 2003

toews speaks really good if not perfect québécois french (even though he's not from quebec)...

JayBee*

you can be bluent in French without speaking "Quebecois" French...

Benzaza

Apr 20, 2004
I love this thread..not really but really :)

Kostopoulos speaks a bit of french...Moore's french is excellent.

for the Franco-Media, its all about being pure laine de souche.....they dont seem to care much about Pouliot or Martin..franco-ontarians...they dont care about...

they made a whole eulogy for Lapierre the player..go figure

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Duncan keith anyone?

My brain nearly explode when i heard him speak french at the olympic games.

Elisah Cuthbert:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad