Value of: Nolan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Not a fan of Philly but I’m a huge fan of Patrick I’m a leafs fan so I don’t realistically see him ever being a leaf but I feel like signing Hayes kind’ve holds his future back for the Flyers in my opinion. I think there are better fits in the nhl for Patrick then the Flyers. Obviously many will say his value is low due to him not playing this season but will it really increase much more in a 3C position.

as a potential fit I see Winnipeg he could push Little down to the 3C position and be a well rounded 2C who I believe would compliment Laine and Ehlers well. I see the Flyers a few pieces away from a stanly cup caliber team and I’m sure moving Patrick could give them a great piece. Or a couple of pieces.

Assuming he is healthy what would it take to convince the Flyers to move him?

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
As nice as it would be to pick up Patrick, as a Jets fan I don't see anything the Flyers would be interested in that I would be willing to move unless Flyers brass (or in this case fans) really fall in love with someone and feel like their value is higher than I do.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If healthy he is front runner to be the 3c or worst case loses 3c to frost and is 4c. With a quality season Patrick would be easily kept in 7-3 ED. No reason for Flyers to trade if what would be 50 cents on the dollar due to the migranes.
Sure what you’re saying is not wrong but why keep him as a 4c when you could trade him for let’s say Copp++ who would be a perfect 3C and add snarl to the Flyers lineup. ( Frost can play LW ).

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Sure what you’re saying is not wrong but why keep him as a 4c when you could trade him for let’s say Copp++ who would be a perfect 3C and add snarl to the Flyers lineup. ( Frost can play LW ).

If Copp is the centerpiece it's pointless. Patrick is one of the guys it's a waste of time to speculate on, no one will pay a premium for him since his career has been kind of a disaster but he was a consensus #1 overall prospect for like a year, so it's dumb for the Flyers to throw him away for a 3C especially when Patrick could still fall well short of his potential and end up better than Copp.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) Flyers 2lw and 3lw are JVR and Farabee. Laughton is backup plan in case of injury/Farabee needing more seasoning. Frost to 3lw is not in the cards.
2)Because the upside on Patrick is that much higher. Hakstol was such a buffoon as head coach that every player with exception of Ghost became a better play when AV was hired. Dream lottery ticket scenerio is 2 years from now Patrick improves becomes 2c and Hayes becomes the shutdown 3c which in ideal perfect hockey team is his better role. Flyers weakest spot would be depth D but even then its hard to make trade because of ED exposure in 2021 (Flyers keeping Myers Sanheim Provorov for sure).

And yes Patrick might be "Lindrossed" and have permanent issues and no trade evber occurs just retirement.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I feel bad for any kid who has had a disappointing NHL career start, especially due to injuries/health.

As a Jets fan, I don't care one bit where a player is from, heck a big group on our team are Americans.......so I don't care that's he's from Winnipeg. A player fills a need or he doesn't fill a need.......his place of birth doesn't matter.

As Flyer fans have stated no point discussing his value b/c it's pointless until he goes a long period of time healthy.....hes just too big of a risk at this point to trade for even if he was available.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Doubtful any team spends much on him via trade until he can demonstrate both that he can be healthy, and that he can produce.
And doubtful the Flyers move him at his current value because they don't really have much pressure or incentive to do it atm.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Because Laughton or Frost would be equal to or better at 3c then Copp for starters.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
He has to be the least talked about top-pick in I don't know how long. It's a shame how his health has been as much of a detriment to his career as it has. What are his actual strengths and weaknesses (don't say injury prone)? His highlight packages don't really show much. What makes him stand out as a guy who is worth taking as a "reclamation" project?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would be interested in him for Winnipeg. Not sure why people are down on his production. He's produced solid third line rates for primarily being used in a third line role.

What are the Flyers team needs?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Lundquist at 50%, Ryan Strome and Toronto/Carolina's 1st
for Patrick, Attard and Brodzinski

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think it would be more the value the Flyers would want for him.

I could so Roslovic for Patrick being an interesting trade.

I'd be fine moving Roslovic in a package for him. We have enough wingers and need a solution at 2C going forward.

There is definite risk in Patrik but I think if healthy he plays a style of play Maurice really likes.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minnesota would have interest.

I would be, but only if the Flyers are trying to sell cheap for whatever reason. Kinda like the Nino/Clutterbuck deal when the Wild made that one. I'd be looking to make a deal around like, Menell, Belpedio, Johansson, or Dewar, Sokolov type players. There's way too much risk with Patrick.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Lundquist at 50%, Ryan Strome and Toronto/Carolina's 1st
for Patrick, Attard and Brodzinski

zero nada nill interest in Hank. Just because hank played for AV doesn't mean Flyers want him. If Rangers compliance buy out I still wouldn't want Hank but that discussion I get.

Flyers at 70.4m allready(assuming Frost on roster) and need to resign Myers one more d probably Hagg, backup goalie, and forward depth. They can make cap this year with no major moves. Maybe keep one of Pitlick or Grant at best.

So say Hank 50% is 4.25 and Strome resigned and buying out ufa years would be at least 5-6m? Flyers can't get close to under cap for 20 and for 21 when Sanheim and Hart are up, Flyers would be in worse cap shape than TML or TBL.

Easy pass.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
1) Flyers 2lw and 3lw are JVR and Farabee. Laughton is backup plan in case of injury/Farabee needing more seasoning. Frost to 3lw is not in the cards.
2)Because the upside on Patrick is that much higher. Hakstol was such a buffoon as head coach that every player with exception of Ghost became a better play when AV was hired. Dream lottery ticket scenerio is 2 years from now Patrick improves becomes 2c and Hayes becomes the shutdown 3c which in ideal perfect hockey team is his better role. Flyers weakest spot would be depth D but even then its hard to make trade because of ED exposure in 2021 (Flyers keeping Myers Sanheim Provorov for sure).

And yes Patrick might be "Lindrossed" and have permanent issues and no trade evber occurs just retirement.
What if you could swing something around a top pair D like Dumba per say? I just feel like if they could get the right value it’d be beneficial for the core they currently have.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I can't see PHI interested in moving Patrick for now. As others have noted they'd have to move him at a significant discount which is never appealing. They must want to see what he is capable of when healthy. He's young and won't break the bank on a contract so you'd expect they want to give him every chance to succeed. It's really a shame how tough it's been for him so far. Hopefully he bounces back and can enjoy a long healthy career.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
He has to be the least talked about top-pick in I don't know how long. It's a shame how his health has been as much of a detriment to his career as it has. What are his actual strengths and weaknesses (don't say injury prone)? His highlight packages don't really show much. What makes him stand out as a guy who is worth taking as a "reclamation" project?
I’d say he plays a very similar style to Towes he’s a 2 way forward who is solid at everything.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Question to Flyers fans, if the season resumed would he be ready to play? Last I heard he was progressing well and practicing with the team. Given that there will likely be a camp prior to games resuming it seems like it could be a good opportunity to see if he is able to play post migraines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad