Nolan Patrick vs. Nico Hischier IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
As one of the only Devils fans in Chicago, I was thinking about going down to the UC tomorrow but I had a complication with a finger I broke back in April and now I'm going under the knife instead.

Hopefully that's not a bad omen for Patrick's future.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
As one of the only Devils fans in Chicago, I was thinking about going down to the UC tomorrow but I had a complication with a finger I broke back in April and now I'm going under the knife instead.

Hope everything goes well for you.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks man. The surgery and the draft are the only two things I can think about right now. Almost 8 weeks after the original injury I pulled the gauze off my finger and had a huge chunk of dead flesh go with it. Now I've got a ring finger that resembles Marc Methot's pinky.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Sorry to hear man, hope it's a quick recovery. If you can, come down on Saturday. Day 2 is usually a better experience in person. Not as many people, and all the picks will be hanging around.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Sorry to hear man, hope it's a quick recovery. If you can, come down on Saturday. Day 2 is usually a better experience in person. Not as many people, and all the picks will be hanging around.

That's good thinking. I've got no idea what the recovery is gonna be like but I might just do that. If anyone else is in town for the draft I'll be the guy with a Kovy shirsey with the name covered up and replaced with whoever we pick with the 1oa.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
As one of the only Devils fans in Chicago...

You'd be surprised. When I lived in Chicago, I almost never met people from NJ, but when I went to a Devils-Hawks game in 2006, the crowd was easily 10-20% Devils fans. Granted, the Hawks were garbage back then, but there were a lot of Devils jerseys. And it was January, so they probably weren't on vacation.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
You'd be surprised. When I lived in Chicago, I almost never met people from NJ, but when I went to a Devils-Hawks game in 2006, the crowd was easily 10-20% Devils fans. Granted, the Hawks were garbage back then, but there were a lot of Devils jerseys. And it was January, so they probably weren't on vacation.

Back when it was dress like a seat night every night. It's been cool to see hockey get more popular out here but I really hope the Hawks' first round sweep is the beginning of the end of $100+ regular season tickets in the last row of the upper deck. The last couple of seasons I've just waited til I'm back East visiting family and gone to the Rock.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago

I think at least a good portion of that percentage was because it was 2006. The Hawks were a cheap ticket back then and so it was probably one that Devils fans from neighboring states circled for a trip every year.

Though I think there's a good amount more NY/NJ people out here now, given the rising housing costs in the NY area. It's a very common occurance to see one of those license plates out here.

That does make it at least 4 Chicago-based Devils fans just on this board, though.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Have fun tomorrow gents! I'm watching the draft with the only Devil's fan I know from Ontario...should be fun!

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Patrick. That shot is something. Something this team desperately needs. We don't have a single player that can shoot the puck like Patrick and Palmieri is pretty good.

Not to mention the size. Patrick seems more like the type you want in this Division also.

Yep. This is where I stand. But, I've accepted we're picking Nico. This decision is going to have massive implications for this team for a decade. Let's hope we do the right thing.

Glad some others see it like I do.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I will be happy with Nico.

I will be a tad more happy with Nolan.

I will be furious if we take Makar at #1 or a trade down, unless that trade is a MASSIVE overpayment.

i'd agree with this, but i would also underline the word "massive". it would have to be seriously ridiculous, the kind of trade that costs a GM his job

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's a tough call, even down to the wire.

I love the Elias-like qualities of Hischier, but at the same time, I love the power forward center qualities of Patrick.

We could desperately use both types of players. Depending on how the staff thinks of McLeod, they may think he can fulfill the type of role Patrick would and Hischier could give us a skillful dynamic to him.

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
Guys please take Nico and don't trade the pick. Don't overthink this like Zacha over Provorov.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i have a feeling that if we take nico, we're going to HATE nolan as a flyers player. the guy isn't afraid to drop the mitts, he's big bodied, and we're gonna be thinking "what if"

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
And it isn't certain that Provorov will even be the best player when they hit their primes. He's had a better start, but if you think the best player after year 1 or 2 always becomes the better player...you haven't been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad