Nolan Patrick vs. Nico Hischier IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Flyers mark coming in peace again.
Since the Lotto, it seems like the majority of you guys want Nolan and the majority of us want Nico.
It feels like the tide is turning with rankings/mocks and it is a strong possibility that both of our fanbases just spent a month falling in love with one player, only to see that player go to the enemy
Not that I think either base will complain because we both should be getting excellent players that we never should've had a shot at to begin with, but man it's kind of cruel lel

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
it's not that they're inconclusive but they may no longer be correct. people change their opinions. that was from late April
I think you need to re-do the poll every few hours for how often I'm changing my mind on this first pick.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Flyers mark coming in peace again.
Since the Lotto, it seems like the majority of you guys want Nolan and the majority of us want Nico.
It feels like the tide is turning and it is a strong possibility that both of our fanbases just spent a month falling in love with one player, only to see that player go to the enemy
Not that I think either base will complain because we both should be getting excellent players that we never should've had a shot at to begin with, but man it's kind of cruel lel

I personally never flopped from one to the other, but seeing Nolan perform well in the combine and hearing how his hernia was misdiagnosed kind of sealed the deal for me. Like you said, neither franchise thought they would be in the position to draft either one, but the next decade should be fun fighting over the two.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I originally thought you take Nolan and don't look back, but I'm honestly in coin toss territory here.

I suspect that we might roll with Nico because his ceiling is higher and he's more of an offensive dynamo on a team that really needs one. And I would be thrilled with him. I would also be thrilled with Nolan.

God, I just want draft day to be here. I'm also starting to realize how boring the draft itself will actually be since we're picking first and then there will be 2 hours of nothing important happening. Hopefully there's a big trade.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I originally thought you take Nolan and don't look back, but I'm honestly in coin toss territory here.

I suspect that we might roll with Nico because his ceiling is higher and he's more of an offensive dynamo on a team that really needs one. And I would be thrilled with him. I would also be thrilled with Nolan.

God, I just want draft day to be here. I'm also starting to realize how boring the draft itself will actually be since we're picking first and then there will be 2 hours of nothing important happening. Hopefully there's a big trade.

Do teams ever announce who they are taking in advance? My memory fails me on this one. I wonder if there was a McDavid in this draft if Shero would just come out and say "obviously, we're going to draft Connor."

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago

I'm expecting (and/or hoping, since I'll be at the draft) there to be a decent amount of trades this year as fall out from the expansion draft...and the rumors of Duchene/Eberle/<maybe some others I'm fogetting> likely to be moved. You know even if the trade is finalized beforehand the NHL would prefer to have the teams wait until the draft to announce it.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I personally never flopped from one to the other, but seeing Nolan perform well in the combine and hearing how his hernia was misdiagnosed kind of sealed the deal for me. Like you said, neither franchise thought they would be in the position to draft either one, but the next decade should be fun fighting over the two.

He just plays the game so cerebrally he has a "lower ceiling" is the impression I get.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Changed to Nico even though I was vehemently Patrick for a while. I think his work ethic and potential could make him a special player. Patrick is an injury concern and I would still love him but right now I'm in camp Nico.

Ask me again in a week and I'll switch back.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Not to re-open the whole floor/ceiling can of worms but...
My gut tells me that the absolute worst Nolan would be is another Zajac, except possibly more injury prone. I just can't see him being any worse.

For some reason, I have a deep rooted fear that Nick could turn into another Nail Yakupov. I don't think it's likely, and I don't do things out of fear, but it's just how I feel about him. My gut feel on how he'll turn out is as another Elias, and I have absolutely no feel on what his ceiling is.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There is no proof that Patrick will be injury prone going forward.

Hernias are freak injuries and the team will have done its due diligence on his current health.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Went with Patrick but it's basically a 55/45 split for me right now. I'm happy with either.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I've been team Nico from the get go moreso because of Patrick's injuries then because I thought Nico would be the better player.

But given Nico measured out better then expected, and because the reports of his work ethic and desire to excel defensively have been so glowing, I've become even more solid in my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad