Nolan Patrick vs. Nico Hischier IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Patrick. That shot is something. Something this team desperately needs. We don't have a single player that can shoot the puck like Patrick and Palmieri is pretty good.

Not to mention the size. Patrick seems more like the type you want in this Division also.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
as long as we dont pick ****ing Cale Makar with 1OA ill be thrilled...

that report scared the hell out of me

I think he thinks we are trading down, but for whatever reason doesn't understand that trades don't factor when you do a mock draft and just put Makar there for clicks.

Whole point of a mock is to do a mock draft of the teams in the current order as they would draft. Not who they would pick if they theoretically traded down

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
For all we know Makar is who we were after before we won the lottery and he is basing it on that.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Patrick. That shot is something. Something this team desperately needs. We don't have a single player that can shoot the puck like Patrick and Palmieri is pretty good.

Not to mention the size. Patrick seems more like the type you want in this Division also.

Yep. This is where I stand. But, I've accepted we're picking Nico. This decision is going to have massive implications for this team for a decade. Let's hope we do the right thing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've done a good job of staying neutral, so I'll be psyched whichever one we choose.

Our team is going to get a massive talent infusion this weekend.

:devdance::devdance:

Yeah I don't want to get my hopes up for either guy, even now I'm resisting the temptation to go all-in on Nico if there's an about face and the media all has it wrong. Just please don't try to reinvent the wheel and pick Makar/trade down, that's all I ask from tomorrow night.

I'm in the (seeming) minority in that I've admittedly been pro-Patrick but am not dead set on it and would be fine with Nico. Especially since Nico seems like a good kid and might be hard to root against even as a Flyer - until he gets indoctrinated and starts throwing cheap shots anyway lol. Not that Patrick's a tool or anything, he's just more bland and easier to root against if it comes to it. I just hope whoever we don't pick, his backers don't go out of their way to continue to pump the kid after he puts the Flyer hat on.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Took off work tomorrow. Planning to go to the shindig at the Rock but to be honest I'm kind of dreading the congestion in the area with the festival going on as well.

That and it feels like player preference might be so divided that those who are disappointed in the crowd might steal the thunder of the jubilant. Because... Devils. We just can't have nice things!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There are the same speculations every single year about the 1st OA being traded. I mean, of course GMs are going to listen to offers. It's only due diligence to do so. They would be remiss if they didn't. But it's rare that there is an offer good enough to actually entice a GM to pull the trigger. I'm honestly not too worried about it. I'm quite confident we are picking one of the big 2 tomorrow at 1 OA.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
In the unlikely event the Nico information *is* leaking from the Devils camp, I hope it's for a massive troll job by Shero. :laugh:

I'm fine with either, I just prefer Nolan for reasons posted by others in his camp.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The last time #1 overall got moved was the draft we got Parise in, and I don't think that's going to change this year.

If we do, God help the mods.:laugh:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's pretty remarkable how little confidence I have that Nolan will be the pick compared to a few weeks ago. It just seems like every single rumor has us taking Nico or even goddamn Makar. I just wanna know already.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I will be happy with Nico.

I will be a tad more happy with Nolan.

I will be furious if we take Makar at #1 or a trade down, unless that trade is a MASSIVE overpayment.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Been hoping NP from the get go and haven't wavered once. I'll embrace NH if that's the way we go but Patrick just seems like the bona fide center we've always wanted.

It's not even the size difference for me, just looks like he thinks the game the way we need and his shot would automatically be far and away the best on the team.

So I'm guessing the league may see another #91 if we go that way with #19 being momentarily unavailable? I'd give Nico Cammalleri's number if he wants it. XD

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
The last time #1 overall got moved was the draft we got Parise in, and I don't think that's going to change this year.

If we do, God help the mods.:laugh:

If the pick is moved even if its for a package that we clearly "win", I expect at least 10 posters to declare allegiance to another team unless there's an extra 2nd round pick included, then only 7 will change allegiance.

I think if #1 was going to be moved it'd be done already.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
It's pretty remarkable how little confidence I have that Nolan will be the pick compared to a few weeks ago. It just seems like every single rumor has us taking Nico or even goddamn Makar. I just wanna know already.

to ease your mind, today is the first time i've seen any halfway legitimate mock with us picking him 1OA. there's another guy i follow that's had us picking Heiskanen 1OA for a while but that never seemed to draw as big of a reaction on here. being pro-Nolan, i see how all the Nico hype could be unnerving for you, but i really don't think there's much worry about us picking someone other than them

...knock on wood lol

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
to ease your mind, today is the first time i've seen any halfway legitimate mock with us picking him 1OA. there's another guy i follow that's had us picking Heiskanen 1OA for a while but that never seemed to draw as big of a reaction on here. being pro-Nolan, i see how all the Nico hype could be unnerving for you, but i really don't think there's much worry about us picking someone other than them

...knock on wood lol

Thing is this mock doesn't have us taking him (Makar) #1 overall but the way he lists it without any qualifying other than his explanation in the post makes it confusing. He only mocked him that way because he'd expect us to trade down to take him.

The Heiskanen guy is probably McCagg (recrutes.ca), he's not bad and posts on the prospects section here regularly, but I find it hard to get worked up over outliers like this. The chance of it not being Nolan or Nico is really low. In fairness to McCagg, he's not wavered off of Heiskanen at #1 for us since the day of the lottery.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Yeah the makar thing made me able to be thrilled with either Nolan or Nico. Thanks for that pronman. Still canceling my insider subscription for that **** mock draft though.

ChicoEatsNachos

Jan 14, 2016
Little Ferry NJ
I thought I was truly split 50/50 but when all the Hischier rumors came out I did feel a mild, temporary pang of disappointment so I guess I had been slightly favoring Patrick after all, even with the potential injury problems.

I just can't wait until we make the pick tomorrow and I can recapture the joy I felt when we won the lottery. The anticipation alone should make for a good offseason. Nico and Nolan are both worth getting really excited over.

I have lots of time to watch highlights tomorrow before the draft to pump myself up. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad