Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
still has legit talent
Philly looks good giving hometown kid chance at redemption
having him short term no long term commitment
= stopgap for additional roster moves.

ADA has no value for the NYR. He's essentially non-Ranger property. Possibly even negative value now due to being a total cancer.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Why the hell are we trading Nate so we can slot Chatfield in? Nate came in to a new team and had 2 practices before playing 19 games without one. Personally I prefer to judge the team after that crap schedule and before the whole team getting shafted by the league and covid. The team was 12-6 I think and most Nucks including Nate had their best stretch. Selling low on him is stupid and poor asset management considering what is coming back. Ironic how you bash Benning constantly but come up with these gross offers.
Are you having a panic attack?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yes he has talent but the flyers can sign him for cheap after the rangers buy him out

Wel they could of had ADA for free. So now why would they trade an asset for him given that Patrick will still be dirt cheap and there is only upside to keeping him?

Good pts.
That was not the ? asked, tho:
Regardless of Patrick and his health issues in what way do you think Deangelo has any trade value with his current cap hit and issues

He has talent and should be motivated more so for Philly than elsewhere, and remains low risk w/early buyout option.
That is why he has any trade value at all, responding directly to the ?.

As to the pt raised, I agree, it is cheaper to sign him after a release, and the only benefit to a deal would be to get dibs before he hits the open market.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Vince Dunn for Nolan Patrick?
We just don't need LHD with Provy, Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg, York and Zamula as lefties.

Meanwhile we only have Myers and Braun as RHD.

Our needs are RHD for the TOP PAIR.....and 3rd line C....hence why it makes sense to just keep Patrick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Man, you really don't wanna see NP leave huh? lol isn't he a RFA this offseason? Hasn't he requested a trade and wants a raise after scoring 9! points in like 50 games this season. Yeesh!
Yes he is a restricted free agent.

No there has been no proof he has requested a trade.

Everyone wants a raise no matter how they perform. He will get one, because his QO will be a raise.

I have no issue trading Patrick, if it makes sense. Trading him for a 3rd rd pick would be stupid, for example. We can still easily get that return next year for him if he sucks again. Just like Filitov did. Or Yak. Or Lazar. etc...

This will be his 1st time to train in the offseason in over 2 years. He knows his career likely hangs in the balance. Given that teh Flyers NEED a C for the top 9, they would be stupid to move him unless he is part of a much bigger deal. Let he and Frost come to camp and fight it out....and if both fail, they have Laughton as the fallback option.

oh, and Patrick's QO offer is $917,831 . So dirt cheap. Not like they are paying $4.75 million for 18 points like Colin White for the next 4 years.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
We just don't need LHD with Provy, Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg, York and Zamula as lefties.

Meanwhile we only have Myers and Braun as RHD.

Our needs are RHD for the TOP PAIR.....and 3rd line C....hence why it makes sense to just keep Patrick.
Was thinking ghost might be on his way out soon and Dunn would fill that void

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Ethan Bear and 3RD 2022 for Patrick from the oilers. Gives a good young RD for Patrick.
That's a really good offer that I'd consider. He would probably be lost in the shuffle of Flyers' defenseman though. We have 5 dmen signed and a Sanheim to re-sign, though a bigger shakeup than adding Ethan Bear is probably going to happen. Also, Cam York is banging down the door to be in the lineup and Yegor Zamula won't be too far behind too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Was thinking ghost might be on his way out soon and Dunn would fill that void
It has nothing to do with Dunn as he would be a great addition. Ghost gone would not shock anyone....but as you can see, we can replace him internally with York....then as a fallback Zamula....with Hagg as the #7(uggh).

If he was a RHD, then that would change everything.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
It has nothing to do with Dunn as he would be a great addition. Ghost gone would not shock anyone....but as you can see, we can replace him internally with York....then as a fallback Zamula....with Hagg as the #7(uggh).

If he was a RHD, then that would change everything.
True I forgot about York and how ready he is. U guys can have Steve santini if u want lollll

ToasterStutzle

Aug 10, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
Honestly if the Flyers were to turn down Dunn for Patrick at this point in both they're careers the GM should get fired.

One is a proven YOUNG top 4 Dman and the other is an unproven C with injury concerns... and I like Nolan Patrick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yup. GM's should just make trades regardless of team needs. Who cares if they have 3 LHD who are better and York/Zamula on the way. Maybe play 3 D and 2 fowards as a line...

Reactions: FlyguyOX and GeNeXt

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Honestly if the Flyers were to turn down Dunn for Patrick at this point in both they're careers the GM should get fired.

One is a proven YOUNG top 4 Dman and the other is an unproven C with injury concerns... and I like Nolan Patrick.
Agreed. You can't split hairs over ''needs'' when talking about a trade that provides that much value coming back. That's a clear case of overthinking something to silly levels. I mean, they could make that trade and then move Sanheim in a deal to get Seth Jones and end up with a top four of Jones and Provorov and then Dunn with Myers. Either way it doesn't matter since St. Louis isn't trading Dunn for Patrick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yup. GM's should just make trades regardless of team needs. Who cares if they have 3 LHD who are better and York/Zamula on the way. Maybe play 3 D and 2 fowards as a line...
No but on the other hand, you can make multiple trades and it’s not like the guys you have are winning

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

I wouldn't make this deal because I don't want to sell low on Patrick. He has zero leverage, play with PHI or don't play, and raise your value.

It has nothing to do with Dunn.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I wouldn't make this deal because I don't want to sell low on Patrick. He has zero leverage, play with PHI or don't play, and raise your value.

It has nothing to do with Dunn.
Please explain to me how getting a young top four D is selling low on a guy who had two 30 point seasons, followed up by not playing, and then regressing to the point where he had 9 points and was arguably the worst Flyers regular forward on the team. If you mean selling low based on the fact that he was the 2nd overall pick in 2017, ok. A lot has changed in those four years though and from a pure value perspective that would be an excellent return for the Flyers.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad