Nolan Patrick Expectations

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Is there an overall consensus that he is going straight to the NHL next season? Is he ready?

Yes.

There is nothing left that he can learn from in juniors. The best thing for him is to be up in the NHL and learn the game speed.

Is he going to have the impact that someone like McDavid or Matthews had their rookie years? Definitely not but it's what is best for him and he should be able to hold his own.

Reactions: Curufinwe

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Yes.

There is nothing left that he can learn from in juniors. The best thing for him is to be up in the NHL and learn the game speed.

Is he going to have the impact that someone like McDavid or Matthews had their rookie years? Definitely not but it's what is best for him and he should be able to hold his own.

Plus it'd favorable for his second deal. Imagine if Draisatl had one more year on his elc left. It would likely mean bigger pay raise than what he's getting this summer.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
He definitely seems like the most NHL ready prospect in this draft. I think he'll eclipse the 40 point mark in his first season. You guys are really lucky to have him.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I expect him to have a 40 game stretch with only 10 points. Followed by people telling him to go to the gym.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Bellemare-Eberle Spectrum

I think that's pretty fair. If he doesn't end up somewhere in between I'd be a tad bit surprised.

If he scores 76 can we just say 80 instead?

You just typed the same number twice... I don't understand.

Of course we'd say 80 is 80...

713175884f15ec7533261bc08d255e6d.png

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Stay healthy for the year is the first hurdle, 72+ games (includes a few nicks and bumps, and inevitable scratch to learn the game from the press box).

1 fight, just to show he's willing to do so. No more, no less. (Even Claude Giroux will drop the gloves, Vora too.)

30 points on the low end, 45 on the high end. (would like over 20 goals on the season)

Would enjoy if he were in Calder conversation, not expecting him to win.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Stay healthy for the year is the first hurdle, 72+ games (includes a few nicks and bumps, and inevitable scratch to learn the game from the press box).

1 fight, just to show he's willing to do so. No more, no less. (Even Claude Giroux will drop the gloves, Vora too.)

30 points on the low end, 45 on the high end. (would like over 20 goals on the season)

Would enjoy if he were in Calder conversation, not expecting him to win.

That's because Oskar Lindblom is going to win :yo:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If we are correct in that Lindblom will be on the first line next to Giroux and potentially Voracek, he should win easy.

As much as I would love that, it is still jumping the gun.

Nico Hischier might have Taylor Hall on his LW for all we know for example.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Patrick will start as the 4th line center, and gradually have his ice time increased as he gets comfortable with the NHL game. By January he'll be the de facto third line center - depending how they move guys around, he could be on a "kids" line with Lindblom/Laughton at LW and Konecny at RW.

As he gets comfortable, his duties will expend, he might be on the 2nd PP and on the PK by January.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The Bellemare-Eberle Spectrum

Not really sure it's realistic for Patrick to show as much heart and leadership as Bellemare (who even knows if he's likeable in the locker room), and definitely not realistic for him to be as skillfull as Eberle (assuming the Islanders don't drag down his play.)

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
50+ points from some of you?! Holy crap, I would be thrilled with 40. I don't see anyone factoring in the Hakscratch issues. Should create a poll, how many games will Nolan be healthy scratched? I say at least 8.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
50+ points from some of you?! Holy crap, I would be thrilled with 40. I don't see anyone factoring in the Hakscratch issues. Should create a poll, how many games will Nolan be healthy scratched? I say at least 8.

But Nolan falls into the "2 way reputation" grouping. Where no matter how bad you play, Hakstok is forever indebted to you and your efforts.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, Hischier would have fallen into the anti-dynamic offense Hakstok scratch group with Konecny and Ghost.

Patrick is in the Provorov group.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I'd love for 40 this year. Maybe flirt with 20 goals.

Eventually I'm hoping he can become a 65-75 pt two way 1C.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Rookie campaigns by some recent non generational top picks.

Mackinnon 63
RNH 52 points
Barkov 24 points
Monahan 34 points
Zacha 24 points
Draisaitl 9 points
Johansen 21 points
Seguin 22 points

I find it hard to believe Natrick will get the same usage out of the gates as RNH and MacKinnon did.

If you ranked those players based on who you would want most on your team the points they scored in their rookie year give almost no indication of how really good they are.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Doubt an 18/19 yo is going to make it through 82 NHL games without rough patches that warrant a healthy scratch. There will be tears around here no doubt though.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Funny to see Draisaitl with 9 points in his rookie year. Now he's PPG.

A few more interesting comps in their rookie year:

E Staal 11/20/31 (then was PPG in AHL the following year)
Lecavalier 13/15/28
Getzlaf 14/25/39 (57 games)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad