Nolan Patrick Expectations

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He is ours and we should all be pretty pumped to have him.

While doing some research on him over the season it was really difficult to come to a consensus on what people think of him. Some think he is a franchise number 1 center, others think he is in the RNH tier.

I have some mixed feelings about him. i think we are going to inevitably compare him to our current number 1 c, but they are very different and I believe they compliment one another well.

Going forward I don't ever think Nolan Patrick will be the monster pp player that giroux is. I think in the future Konecny is going to run the power play. Patrick on the other hand i feel like should be much more consistent at even strength. I expect atleast 43-53 points at even strength during his prime years.

pp points i expect anywhere between 17-27.

so in essences at 60- to 80 point scorer. who is responsible in his own end.

Give me that and I am happy.

FadeToBlack

Jul 1, 2012
Expectations are best set year over year.

For his first year in the NHL, at 18/19, I'd be happy with 40-50 points (15-20 goals) and solid two-way play. PP2 and PK time.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Expectations are best set year over year.

For his first year in the NHL, at 18/19, I'd be happy with 40-50 points (15-20 goals) and solid two-way play. PP2 and PK time.

I agree with these expectations, except i dont expect PK time.

15-20 goals (ideally in my mind, 25 just to make me very very excited about the rest of his career) and 25-30 assists if hes not playing 4th line minutes. So, if he has more than 15-16 min per game, I'm expecting 40pts minimum.

But really, i just want to see what kind of player he will be in his prime. As a 18/19 year old rookie coming off an injury year, im gonna have to accept that he may not have the year I want him to. Matthews and Laine tore it up last year and I want that, but i shouldnt expect or hope for that. He's gonna be inconsistent, he's gonna dissappear, and Hakstol might even bench him at times. I just want to see stretches and flashes of the great player he'll be in his prime.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The thing I just realized about 15 seconds ago is that with him on the team, we will most likely be on NBC a few more times than we would have been, which means that I will be exposed to that penis a few more times this season, which means that you should expect a hurricane of asterisks. I would like to apologize now, ahead of time, because it will be stupid.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I think you'll see him put up 45ish points this year depending on how much ice time he gets and if he stays healthy.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If we got a free 20 G 50 Pt 19 yo guy I'd be very happy. Him around with couts playing well is going to create some real mismatches and increase scoring that much more. With the fourth line having guys that can score more than 4 goals a year we are in an even better spot. All about creating matchup problems.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
This season I expect somewhere in the 40-50 point range with ~15-20 goals. There are so many factors that contribute to this. Does he get quality PP time? Does he have good linemates? Can he stay healthy? If he does get quality PP time, has good linemates and plays a full season, 55 points and 25 goals is not out of the question.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hopes: Calder Trophy, 55+ points second liner
Realistic Expectation: Middle Sixer with 40+ points, some PP time

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Even if he is "just" a 50 point player over the next few years, if he turns into that reliable 2 way centerman that can take tough matchups, that will have a huge impact on the lineup. As Giroux declines, his line can be freed up to get great offensive matchups.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Patrice Bergeron had 39 points in his rookie year at age 18. Eric Staal had 31. Patrick should be a few more chances but he'll be insulated with better talent. 40 points I think is a decent target.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
20 goals, 25-30 assists is what I am hoping for. If he turns in a rookie season similar to Eichel's (24 goals, 56 points), than even better.

I'm more concerned with how he will be coached than anything else.

Will the team go back to restricting the Centers like they did in the middle portion of last season? Will we be more uptempo and aggressive with our forecheck, giving the Centers more opportunity?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
3 things I'm hoping for
1) he stays healthy

That is the one and only thing I care about for this season. I just want him to be healthy and feel good and play a full (or nearly full) season in the NHL to get his feet wet. I'd love to see him bring home the Calder, because then we would have proof that he is better than McDavid :naughty: :popcorn:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm expecting him to be a center who can score somewhere between 10-80 points per year and can provide either good or bad (or maybe mediocre) defensive play.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
Honestly, I would be happy with 30-35 points. I definitely see growing pains, random benchings and being moved around the line up before a permanent spot is found. Somewhere around 15-20 goals and assists. Also, I think a lot with depend on how much time he gets with the 2nd PP unit.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Rookie campaigns by some recent non generational top picks.

Mackinnon 63
RNH 52 points
Barkov 24 points
Monahan 34 points
Zacha 24 points
Draisaitl 9 points
Johansen 21 points
Seguin 22 points

I find it hard to believe Natrick will get the same usage out of the gates as RNH and MacKinnon did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad