Injury Report: Nolan Patrick Diagnosed With Migraine Disorder (Sep. 26); limited practice, quotes (Feb 17-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Regarding media availability, Fletcher will not be available for comments today. Patrick will also not be available for comment today.

Vigneault will speak to the media, however. That being said, he hasn't even been on the ice for practice, so who knows what we'll get from him.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The fittest in a gym I ever was I had an horrific start to a season because I neglected sport specific training to focus on adding muscle. I could bench more than ever, run 5km as fast as ever with an extra 12lbs of weight, do 50 straight decline press-ups no worries...

but in a pool felt awful when not just mashing lanes and having to make quick turns, sprint-stop-sprint. Nothing in any sport I think prepares you for that in-game intensity and specific movement etc.

Good professional training programs should focus on sport specific movements, working on strength and agility combined.
But the best training program isn't a perfect substitute for game action.

Reactions: VladDrag

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
with how athletes train and treat their bodies these days, game shape should take 1 or 2 games. And I’m talking strictly cardio wise. System wise and certain skills is a different story, but then again Patrick has been working with Rico and really been shooting and skating.

If Patrick is cleared for contact, which he may not be according to AV who called today a skill day, then he should be going to LHV for conditioning sooner then later. Flyers won’t be doing many full practices next week.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This is encouraging news, at least.

That said.... Patrick took around 3 months of game action in both of his first two seasons until he became sharp & consistently active.

So whenever he does come back I doubt he’ll make much of an impact this season.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

tumblr_n37mj5ZFeP1qbqlxso1_r1_400.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So it sounds like the reports jumped the gun.

If it was just a skills practice, then it’s not really any different from what he’s been doing already.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Kinda surprised today wasn’t scheduled as a full practice considering yesterday was a off day and without a 2-day off stretch till like the 16th.

Seems like poor time management

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too.

Not what we most optimistically hoped for and not great compared to other top 2 picks, but still a very good and useful player.

If we got that somewhere in the middle of the first round we’d be beyond thrilled, so I guess we just need to take him for what he is and not worry too much about comparisons to other top 2 picks or other guys in that draft.

Hopefully he can be budget Couturier and Frost can be budget Giroux, but this time with actual goaltending and depth.

Perfect point! Production vs. salary is everything in the cap era. WHEN HEALTHY , it will be fine if he's a second line center in his prime and gets paid accordingly. Always hope with 1 or 2 overall, its a generational talent, if not best bang for the buck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad