Former Bruins Noel Acciari (He’s a Panther 3 years, $1.7M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Probably referencing the goal from the playoffs last year. As an aside, you seem like a very unhappy person. You should probably get a puppy.
Pathetic that even with the goal heard 'round the world that he has three. I've never heard of anyone randomly adding goals in that way.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Pathetic that even with the goal heard 'round the world that he has three. I've never heard of anyone randomly adding goals in that way.
Yup, he is pathetic. Captain of an NCAA champion team and a one way NHL contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I thought Acciari was real good tonight & then I see his possession numbers on the night were awful. This definitely feels like a case where the eyeball test doesn't match the numbers.

Had a couple of late plays that arguably saved the game. 1 was pinning Hedman in his own zone while the Bruins made a much needed line change. The other was picking off a Stamkos pass after Rask turned over the puck with an empty net.

Reactions: frickinbobby

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
The entire 4th line had pretty bad possession numbers. On the other hand, TB's first line got bulldozed by Bergeron's line.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't feel like Noel will ever be a top 6 guy, but his game is progressing and he is turning into a fine checking line forward. He is still young and improving, so I hope he can develop just a bit more offensively. He does a lot of things well- I think it's telling that Cassidy had him out there in the empty net situation last night to play with Bergeron and Marchand upfront. He is sound defensively, blocks shots, takes the body and generally doesn't make major mistakes. I am glad to have him on our team.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I don't feel like Noel will ever be a top 6 guy, but his game is progressing and he is turning into a fine checking line forward. He is still young and improving, so I hope he can develop just a bit more offensively. He does a lot of things well- I think it's telling that Cassidy had him out there in the empty net situation last night to play with Bergeron and Marchand upfront. He is sound defensively, blocks shots, takes the body and generally doesn't make major mistakes. I am glad to have him on our team.
hes doing something right. bergeron marsh and acciari were the forwards coach put out there to shut tampa down with under a minute left.

Meant to quote the other guy. I agree with your post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I guess this thread established that Noel is here for his hitting? Does anyone remember when he threw his last big hit? Has anyone ever seen players look over their shoulder for fear of Noel Acciari?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I guess this thread established that Noel is here for his hitting? Does anyone remember when he threw his last big hit? Has anyone ever seen players look over their shoulder for fear of Noel Acciari?
He was running chychrun early against the coyotes (but only our young stars get targeted) before trailing off and sitting out the next game with an injury. Think he still lead the Bruins forwards in the hits department. But that was two games ago- what has he done lately?!?!

Reactions: Tampbear

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017

i guess. i do. i have.

so, yes? he's a difference maker purely because of physicality and then adds reasonable skill and high hockey IQ.

(and he's also fun to play with as a teammate)

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

He's 26. I know he's a relatively new to the pro ranks, but I think it's more likely he is what he is.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

He's tailed off a bit as of late, probably due to injuries punctuating his season, but one thing is for sure - he's one of the best hitters in terms of form and ability I've seen in awhile

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He was running chychrun early against the coyotes (but only our young stars get targeted) before trailing off and sitting out the next game with an injury. Think he still lead the Bruins forwards in the hits department. But that was two games ago- what has he done lately?!?!

Not much but he was our best forward in the playoffs last year. Hes a 4th liner if the guy can be a playoff difference again it will make up for a quiet regular season.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He earned a ton of leash with me with his playoff series last year --his game is suited for the playoffs or something-- but I was expecting a better regular season out of him. I believe that he can still turn it around but he needs to get on the body to get his game in motion.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not much but he was our best forward in the playoffs last year. Hes a 4th liner if the guy can be a playoff difference again it will make up for a quiet regular season.

Please stop with this nonsense that Acciari was Boston's best forward last year in the playoffs.

He was good, but lets not go overboard.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
had to go to page 9 to update this one, but it's good to see the real Noel back on the ice. clearly he was significantly injured in those games where he had abandoned physicality and it came right back one he was healthy again. good to see. some of the B's need to get slightly better at maximizing the impact of the physicality and eliminating the situations where the check leaves them out of position or on the wrong side of the opponent but in Acciari's case when he hits he usually obliterates so it's less of a concern.

Reactions: maxbme

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Is he hurt? Is he playing a bit more conservative to stay healthy? I haven't seen a single good hit since his return. If he isn't hitting people he is the epitome of useless on the ice.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I love what Janikowski says in the link, about how he remembers refs in college games giving Acciari penalties just because they felt they HAD to do so, because he hit so hard, even if it was absolutely a clean hit. I've always liked Acciari; it's fun watching a smaller (Under 6 feet anyway) player in the NHL throw hits with the power he has behind them.

The new league may be moving away from hitting and fighting in general, but there's always a role for guys like this if they can keep up with the game

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Should Acciari be in the playoff line up ,if everyone is healthy. I personally feel his play has deteriorated over the last month.

Last edited:

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Should Acciari be in the playoff line up ,if everyone is healthy. I personally feel his play had deteriorated over the last month.
He hasn't returned to form since returning from injury so unless his play picks way up I expect Wingels to steal his spot or possibly even heinen if all the young guys perform well and he has to go way down to line 4.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He hasn't returned to form since returning from injury so unless his play picks way up I expect Wingels to steal his spot or possibly even heinen if all the young guys perform well and he has to go way down to line 4.

Agree, he is off his game a little bit- I think he returned from injury at a level where he could play but is still not 100%. Noel is banged up and it shows in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad