Former Bruins Noel Acciari (He’s a Panther 3 years, $1.7M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The kid is one of the hardest working forwards I've seen in a long time. It's nice to be see him rewarded with his first; he is a bulldog on ice.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I use the word 'floodgates' loosely here but I feel like now that hes potted one he's gonna pot more. Hearing things like "snipe by Acciari" in the Providence twitter updates had me believe this guy can actually score but for whatever reason he just has been snake bitten as hell up in the big club. Love his physical play, takes no ****, and if he can start scoring then we have a 4th line winner

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
We need more physical forwards if we are to do anything in general playoffs. He can play on my Bruins team over a Tim Schaller, who has disappointed me with his lack of physicality this season.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
We need more physical forwards if we are to do anything in general playoffs. He can play on my Bruins team over a Tim Schaller, who has disappointed me with his lack of physicality this season.
Funny you shouuld say this. Last night I decided to watch 30min highlights of the Bruins 2013 cup run, and in each series (Leafs/Rags/Pens) the Bruins got on top of their opponents after they literally obliterated them with hits. It was so refreshing to go back and watch that after what the NHL is now. I think there is still plenty of room for a 4th line like that so long as it has the legs to keep up.

On a side note, particularly interesting bit, 90% of the stuff that was let go would be automatic penalties now. Which sucks. A lot.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Couldn't have said it better myself. Although, I am enjoying watching him hit at an NHL level as well.

Oh of course I'm enjoying that also. It was borderline comical some of the hits he doled out in college because he was such an overwhelming physical force at that level. I remember numerous occasions were he was penalized simply because the hit looked so violent even though it was clean. It's been a joy watching of the several Friars from that 2015 team emerging in the NHL. Plus Jankowski is lighting it up in Stockton and Gillies is still developing nicely but has no defense in front of him in Stockton.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Really liking his game on the 4th line. If we can find a way to dump Beleskey and Hayes contracts. I wouldn't mind picking up Sobotka to center the 4th line. Blidh-Sobotka-Acciari. That line would drive teams crazy.

With having so many offensive prospects I wonder if the forth line starts being filled with prospects like Heinen, Debrusk, Bjork instead though

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Really liking his game on the 4th line. If we can find a way to dump Beleskey and Hayes contracts. I wouldn't mind picking up Sobotka to center the 4th line. Blidh-Sobotka-Acciari. That line would drive teams crazy.

With having so many offensive prospects I wonder if the forth line starts being filled with prospects like Heinen, Debrusk, Bjork instead though

I feel like Sobotka is never coming back an if he did its Blues or no one. Id love to have him back. DKH might have a heart attack if he did.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I think the physical part of the game is just in Acciari`s game where it really isn`t with Schaller who I like but suspect is playing his last year in Boston

An example to support your point, about 6-7 minutes left in the Preds game and Acciari was along the boards in his own zone knowing he was about to take a big hit but stuck right in there, made the play to get the puck out of the zone.

Small plays that make a big difference

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
I think the physical part of the game is just in Acciari`s game where it really isn`t with Schaller who I like but suspect is playing his last year in Boston

An example to support your point, about 6-7 minutes left in the Preds game and Acciari was along the boards in his own zone knowing he was about to take a big hit but stuck right in there, made the play to get the puck out of the zone.

Small plays that make a big difference

And then on his way to the bench he smoked someone trying to enter the zone. I love it, watched it first hand when I was at PC. He does #55 proud

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Noel Acciari is beginning to remind me of Michael Peca without the offense.

Guy just knows HOW to hit.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
On Behind the B earlier this year (yes I watch it lol) somebody on another team asked who Acciari was, made a comment about how hard he hit. If he stays on the roster, I think other teams will have to pay attention to him.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
On Behind the B earlier this year (yes I watch it lol) somebody on another team asked who Acciari was, made a comment about how hard he hit. If he stays on the roster, I think other teams will have to pay attention to him.

I cant remember the team, was it Chicago/Towes? Who said "55 is strong eh?"

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
His line should be considered the #2 line right now.

Agreed. They are certainly playing like it. A decent amount of skill that I didn't know existed. Not that they are explosive or anything...but they are consistently creating chances and it's fun to watch.

Acciari is gonna make a lot of defenseman scared- he always follows through and he does it hard

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
Funny you shouuld say this. Last night I decided to watch 30min highlights of the Bruins 2013 cup run, and in each series (Leafs/Rags/Pens) the Bruins got on top of their opponents after they literally obliterated them with hits. It was so refreshing to go back and watch that after what the NHL is now. I think there is still plenty of room for a 4th line like that so long as it has the legs to keep up.

On a side note, particularly interesting bit, 90% of the stuff that was let go would be automatic penalties now. Which sucks. A lot.

Playoff hockey probably played a role, but, overall, agreed.

Been a fan of Acciari's energy since I saw him at the Buffalo prospect games. Definitely prefer he stays in the lineup over the Schallers' and Hayes' of the world.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Didn't like him last year at all, didn't care much for him this season until this last recall, like a different player. Goes to show how important it is to not give up on young guys. Happy to see I may have been wrong.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
so happy things are clicking for Acciari. Loving the hits and I see some real 4th line potential there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad