Noahhabib's GM Game V1.0: Sign-Up & Discussion

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
No way. Steen is elite defensively and Parenteau could easily be the case of a player thriving on a weak team.

Plex is a much better player than Ribeiro though.

Ehh they are definitely close. Pleks is better 2 way, but his production has increased and decreased alot over the years from the 40's, to 70, to the 30's, to 70 again, then to the high 50's, then to the low 50's. Whereas Ribeiro has constantly been in the 70-80 point range. With MSL and Semin he'd score 85 points at least. But they are definitely close and it's probably just opinion, as I'd take him over Plekanec, but I wouldn't disagree with people who thought Pleks>Ribeiro. I'd only disagree if they thought one was way better than the other.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Ehh they are definitely close. Pleks is better 2 way, but his production has increased and decreased alot over the years from the 40's, to 70, to the 30's, to 70 again, then to the high 50's, then to the low 50's. Whereas Ribeiro has constantly been in the 70-80 point range. With MSL and Semin he'd score 85 points at least. But they are definitely close and it's probably just opinion, as I'd take him over Plekanec, but I wouldn't disagree with people who thought Pleks>Ribeiro. I'd only disagree if they thought one was way better than the other.

I'm sorry, but did anyone else notice that he said Semin = Benn?

I get you think he might score "85 points", but remember that MSL played with Stamkos, a sniper, so you'd have to rely on Semin to score the majority of goals on that line... Something I would rely on Benn more, IMO.

Also, you can't compare Ribby and Pleks, two very different players. If you had a two way system, you'd take Pleks EASILY. If you had a run and gun system, you'd take Ribby EASILY.

ALSO, because I'm too lazy to find the quote, TB, you did lose the Hedman trade, but, it doesn't mean that you lost every trade afterwards. See our Staal trade and the move I made after as an example of that.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I'm sorry, but did anyone else notice that he said Semin = Benn?

I get you think he might score "85 points", but remember that MSL played with Stamkos, a sniper, so you'd have to rely on Semin to score the majority of goals on that line... Something I would rely on Benn more, IMO.

Also, you can't compare Ribby and Pleks, two very different players. If you had a two way system, you'd take Pleks EASILY. If you had a run and gun system, you'd take Ribby EASILY.

ALSO, because I'm too lazy to find the quote, TB, you did lose the Hedman trade, but, it doesn't mean that you lost every trade afterwards. See our Staal trade and the move I made after as an example of that.
Benn played with Eriksson and Ryder.
Semin played with Perreault (didn't even play in playoffs) and Chimera (former 4th liner). And not surprisingly, they both had career years. Look at Semin's stats and see how ridiculous some of his point totals are. In 08/09, he scored at a 95 point pace. In 09/10 he scored at a 105 point pace. All with no 2C and a 50 point Brooks Laich. Now imagine him playing with MSL and Ribeiro. AND Semin plays a good 2 way game and can PK.

PaulSedin

#lydia2012
Jun 29, 2011
Official Ruling:

:flyers are NOT DQ'd

Despite several comments that they Shoud be, they will not be disqualified

i'm not in this game but why not

they didn't follow the rules
i'm sure if other teams knew they could get away with being over the cap they would have been better

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
i'm not in this game but why not

they didn't follow the rules
i'm sure if other teams knew they could get away with being over the cap they would have been better

He said he made a trade that put him back under the cap. If there is evidence to support that he did not make this trade, than the Flyers will be DQ'd.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009

Doubt anyone hits 85 on the second line these days without being truly elite. Should definitely beat Plex in points, but doesn't blow him out of the water offensively. Plex is worlds better defensively though.

Voting for you either way this round, but are you switching back to a offensive system?

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Doubt anyone hits 85 on the second line these days without being truly elite. Should definitely beat Plex in points, but doesn't blow him out of the water offensively. Plex is worlds better defensively though.

Voting for you either way this round, but are you switching back to a offensive system?

More offensive, yes, but not like 09-10. The Caps will look to be a leader in goals for, but won't slouch defensively. It also helps to play more offensively now, since through 08-10 the Caps never really had a good defense or goalie, now they have very good ones.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
More offensive, yes, but not like 09-10. The Caps will look to be a leader in goals for, but won't slouch defensively. It also helps to play more offensively now, since through 08-10 the Caps never really had a good defense or goalie, now they have very good ones.

Third line will help immensely in the backend.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
:nhl

The :flyers are officially DQ'd from the Stanley Cup Playoffs due to a cap violation that was not fixed. Due to many GMs stating that they should be disqualified, I chose to reconsider my decision.
After a while of deciding, I have chosen to disqualify the Philadelphia Flyers.

The :rangers automatically advance to the EC Conference Finals.

wreckingcru

Sep 2, 2011

The :flyers are officially DQ'd from the Stanley Cup Playoffs due to a cap violation that was not fixed. Due to many GMs stating that they should be disqualified, I chose to reconsider my decision.

We are sorry for what happened. :flyers had a good team and we are sad to see them go like that. However, here we go Eastern Conference Finals!

Wesleyy

May 30, 2012

shouldn't the bolts play the rangers? i don't think it would be fair for tampa bay if Rangers are automatically advanced.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
These playoffs are a joke. Yes I lost and I am a little pissed but its not like I lost to a completely **** team. The Rangers have an excellent team however the standings in the first place were messed up. No offense, but how did Montreal win the division?

Matty K

Aug 10, 2011
Caledon, ON

How I'm under the Cap after the Gagne Trade do the math figure it out!

I can't believe the whining from some of you guys in this game

Its a ****** computer game for christ sakes

Matty K

Aug 10, 2011
Caledon, ON
Corey Perry's cap hit is $5,325,000 not $5,150,000 look who's over the Salary Cap now Bud sorry!

I can play that game too

Wesleyy

May 30, 2012
extralarge.png

FORWARDS $40.055m
Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk "C" ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Jiri Hudler ($2.8m) / Henrik Zetterberg "A"($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)
Colin Greening ($0.817m) / Colin Wilson ($2.3m) / Cal Clutterbuck ($1.400m)
Raffi Torres ($1.75m) / Andrew Cogliano ($2.3m) / Chris Neil ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN $23.215m
Erik Karlsson ($9m) / Nicklas Lidstrom "A"($6.2m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Jared Cowen ($1.265m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Filip Kuba ($0.9m)
GOALTENDERS $3.12m
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Robin Lehner ($0.870m)

Total: $67.29m
Cap space: $0.01m​

Lines | Average Points Per Game | Total Points | Hits
Forwards 1st | 0.913 | 207 |
Forwards 2nd | 0.757 | 185 |
Forwards 3rd | 0.44 | 99 | 520
Forwards 4th | 0.347 | 60 | 487
| | |
Defence 1st | 0.725 | 112 | 101
Defence 2nd | 0.43 | 68 | 182
Defence 3rd | 0.355 | 24 | 234
Vote :wings

wreckingcru

Sep 2, 2011
Corey Perry's cap hit is $5,325,000 not $5,150,000 look who's over the Salary Cap now Bud sorry!

I can play that game too

Yeah so i made a mistake for the cap, calm down bud I am just trying to have fun, I edited it now, and lucky for me, i miscalculated the cap in the first place, and I actually had 201,666 in cap before, so that change of 200,000 still keeps me under cap. Let's not get gutty bro, doesn't bode too well on people.

Wesleyy

May 30, 2012
Yeah so i made a mistake for the cap, calm down bud I am just trying to have fun, I edited it now, and lucky for me, i miscalculated the cap in the first place, and I actually had 201,666 in cap before, so that change of 200,000 still keeps me under cap. Let's not get gutty bro, doesn't bode too well on people.

just a reminder, you changed it to 5.35, its actually 5.325

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad