Noahhabib's GM Game V1.0: Sign-Up & Discussion

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Guess you haven't seen my top 6!

Your top six is pretty impressive. MAYBE not quite on the same level as the Rangers, or Pens, but too damn close that who am I to argue? Also, way to rip off Tampa for Hedman. I love looking over people's teams when you're not apart of the game (Hopefully you guys don't mind).

Wesleyy

May 30, 2012
Your top six is pretty impressive. MAYBE not quite on the same level as the Rangers, or Pens, but too damn close that who am I to argue? Also, way to rip off Tampa for Hedman. I love looking over people's teams when you're not apart of the game (Hopefully you guys don't mind).

What do you think about my team?

Matty K

Aug 10, 2011
Caledon, ON

There have been a lot of bad Trades that have been allowed to go through

That Spezza Deal was a prime example of insanity

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

What do you think about my team?

I'll say this off the bat... You murdered that Spezza trade.

However, I do question how Spezza will do on wing, considering he's played his entire career as a centre. Additionally, you're the Detroit Senators!

Seriously though, a pretty solid team with a nice mix of vets and youngsters. I don't know how you'll fair against some other powerhouse teams, but I'd say the team you built has a chance to do some damage.

EDIT: After looking that over again, how in the blue hell was that not vetoed? It's too late now, but good God. What the **** was Ottawa thinking? Seriously. PMB is a good player, and Downie/Quincey are decent, but what the ****??? Lehner, Cowen and Spezza?

Last edited by a moderator:

xxOPPNOOBZxx

#ProduceForKing
Mar 24, 2012
Ontario
EDIT: After looking that over again, how in the blue hell was that not vetoed? It's too late now, but good God. What the **** was Ottawa thinking? Seriously. PMB is a good player, and Downie/Quincey are decent, but what the ****??? Lehner, Cowen and Spezza?
I agree, to bad I can't veto it.

What you opponion on my team?

Gaborikthebeast

Always Blame the Zebras
Feb 16, 2010
How can you say I got ripped off in the Hedman deal I traded all those pieces in seperate deals and got 1.Hiller,2.J.Johnson,3.Ryan Whitney and 4. Bj Crombeen +a 2nd for Hedman (essentially)

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
:nhl

VOTES ARE IN!!

The Semi-Final Matchups are:

:flyers vs. :rangers

:habs vs. :caps

:nucks vs. :blues

:kings vs. :wings

Voting starts now. Results will be posted tomorrow

wreckingcru

Sep 2, 2011
NY Rangers

:rangers

As you can see, our forwards are outstanding, our defense is perfect with a puck-mover and a shut-down defender on each pairing. Our goaltending will speak for itself with King Henrik Lundqvuist and now Scott Clemmensen backing him up. We got real lucky with just $1,600 left. We have multiple superstars in our forwards including Perry, Iginla and Oshie as great additions without completely depleting our prospect pool. We now have Malcolm Subban to fill in Henrik's massive shoes once the he retires. Jarred Tinordi will soon help fill in our top 4. Scott Laughton, Seth Griffith, Andreas Enqvuist are all great forward prospects with great upside. We are looking to compete for the Stanley Cup and we believe we can win it all.

GM: wreckingcru
Coach: John Tortorella

Captain: Ryan Callahan
Assistant: Jarome Iginla
Assistant: Brad Richards
Assistant: Dan Girardi
Assistant: Marian Gaborik

[FIELDSET="Roster & Cap Hit"]

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Jarome Iginla ($7.100m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Corey Perry ($5.350m) / T.J. Oshie ($3.750m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.270m)
Michael Boedker ($1.100m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Guillaume Latendresse ($2.200m)
Taylor Pyatt ($0.700m) / Brandon Prust ($0.900m)/ George Parros ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
James Wisnewski ($5.500m)/ Michael Sauer ($1.250m)
Roman Josi ($1.000m) / Anton Stralman ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Scott Clemmensen ($0.700m)
BUYOUTS
Chris Drury ($1.667m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,298,334; Bonuses: $125,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,666
[/FIELDSET]

The top 9 are pretty much even with the :flyers. Though our bottom line is a bit better. Our defense are both pretty equal too, except I do not think Gormley is ready for NHL action just yet. However our goaltending is much better. Good luck to the Flyers, and VOTE :rangers

Last edited:

wreckingcru

Sep 2, 2011
162.gif

GM: Matty K
Coach: Peter Laviolette
Salary Cap: $67,507,540M/$67,300,000M- ACTUAL CAP HIT
Cap Space: -$207,000M
Trade Deadline Cap Space: $10,777,380M

FORWARDS($34,869,444M)
Thomas Vanek($6,400,000M)/Claude Giroux "C"($3,750,000M)/Shane Doan($4,000,000M)
Scott Hartnell "A"($4,200,000M)/Martin Hanzal($3,100,000M)/Ray Whitney($3,000,000M)
Simon Gagne($3,500,000M)/Sean Couturier($925,000M)/Wayne Simmonds($1,750,000M)
Zac Rinaldo($544,444M)/Max Talbot($1,750,000M)/Tanner Glass($1,250,000M)
X, Tyler Toffoli($700,000M)

DEFENSE($20,671,429M)
Chris Pronger "A"($4,921,429M)/Braydon Coburn($4,000,000M)

Jonathon Blum($3,000,000M)/Kimmo Timonen "A"($3,000,000M)
Brandon Gormley($900,000M)/Nicklas Grossman($3,500,000M)
X Marc-Andre Bourdon($700,000M), Mark Flood($650,000M)

GOALTENDERS($8,166,667M)
Ilya Bryzgalov($5,666,667M)
Marty Biron($2,500,000M)
[/B]
PP1:
Thomas Vanek-Claude Giroux-Scott Hartnell

Kimmo Timonen-Braydon Coburn

PP2:
Simon Gagne-Martin Hanzal-Shane Doan

Chris Pronger-Jonathon Blum

PK1:
Sean Couturier-Shane Doan

Chris Pronger-Braydon Coburn

PK2:
Martin Hanzal-Scott Hartnell

Niklas Grossman-Kimmo Timonen

Captain: Claude Giroux
Assistant: Chris Pronger
Assistant: Scott Hartnell
Assistant: Kimmo Timonen

Draft Selections

PHI 2013 1ST
LA 2013 1ST
BUF 2013 2ND
PHI 2013 2ND
PHI 2013 3RD
PHX 2013 3RD
STL 2013 3RD
PHI 2013 4TH
PHI 2013 5TH
PHI 2013 6TH
PHI 2013 7TH

Prospects

C Tyler Toffoli($870,000M)
D Derrick Pouliot($0,000,000M)
D Thomas Hickey($0,000,000)

Vote for the Broad Street Bullies:flyers

FYI, Timmonen and Coburn salaries are off. Coburn makes 4.5, and Timmonen makes 6.3. Your total salary is about $67,507,540M. Which makes you over the cap.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Vote for :caps. Best overall team in the East. We have better overall forwards and defense, and as shown in the playoffs, Holtby and Lundqvist isn't that big of a mismatch.

Edit - if Philly is DQ'd for cap reasons then Id be playing NYR..

Last edited:

Wesleyy

May 30, 2012
I'll say this off the bat... You murdered that Spezza trade.

However, I do question how Spezza will do on wing, considering he's played his entire career as a centre. Additionally, you're the Detroit Senators!

Seriously though, a pretty solid team with a nice mix of vets and youngsters. I don't know how you'll fair against some other powerhouse teams, but I'd say the team you built has a chance to do some damage.

Well they do have 10 first round picks in the next five years

Matty K

Aug 10, 2011
Caledon, ON
FYI, Timmonen and Coburn salaries are off. Coburn makes 4.5, and Timmonen makes 6.3. Your total salary is about $67,507,540M. Which makes you over the cap.

I made sure I was under the Cap before the Season started I must of just copied their Salaries from Cap Geek my bad

I'll post another Roster shortly

Matty K

Aug 10, 2011
Caledon, ON
Vote for :caps. Best overall team in the East. We have better overall forwards and defense, and as shown in the playoffs, Holtby and Lundqvist isn't that big of a mismatch.

No ones DQ'd I just copied Salaries instead of Cap Hits

I was still under the Cap

wreckingcru

Sep 2, 2011

lolwut, you think Lundqvuist and Holtby are equal??:shakehead

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
lolwut, you think Lundqvuist and Holtby are equal??:shakehead

I said "as shown in the playoffs, Holtby and Lundqvist isn't that big of a mismatch"... Meaning Lundqvist isn't >>>>>>Holtby. Yes he's better, but not infinitely better.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Ok so here's why you should vote for the :caps!

Line 1
Ovechkin>>>Pacioretty
Backstrom>>>>Desharnais
Jagr<Cole

Line 2
St. Louis>>>Perron
Ribeiro>Plekanec
Semin=Benn

Line 3
Steen=Parenteau
Johansson>>Eller
Kulemin=Setoguchi

Line 4
Nolan>Leblanc
Beagle<<Kelly
Lewis>Fedotenko

D Pair 1
Hedman=MDZ
Green>>>Subban

D Pair 2
Alzner>Gorges
Carlson>>>>Sarich

D Pair 3
Orlov>Hannan
Voynov>Emelin

Goalie
Holtby<Price

Across the board the :caps are just a better team. The only advantage Montreal has is in goal, but as shown in the playoffs in real life, Holtby is no slouch, and the advantage isn't that huge.

Vote :caps

Wesleyy

May 30, 2012
Ok so here's why you should vote for the :caps!

Line 1
Ovechkin>>>Pacioretty
Backstrom>>>>Desharnais
Jagr<Cole

Line 2
St. Louis>>>Perron
Ribeiro>Plekanec
Semin=Benn

Line 3
Steen=Parenteau
Johansson>>Eller
Kulemin=Setoguchi

Line 4
Nolan>Leblanc
Beagle<<Kelly
Lewis>Fedotenko

D Pair 1
Hedman=MDZ
Green>>>Subban

D Pair 2
Alzner>Gorges
Carlson>>>>Sarich

D Pair 3
Orlov>Hannan
Voynov>Emelin

Goalie
Holtby<Price

Across the board the :caps are just a better team. The only advantage Montreal has is in goal, but as shown in the playoffs in real life, Holtby is no slouch, and the advantage isn't that huge.

Vote :caps

skimmed through your post but parenteau > steen

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
skimmed through your post but parenteau > steen

Sorry. I think they're equal. Steen is a 50-60 point player, and plays much tougher, and has a much better 2 way game. I really do love Parenteau though and I want the Caps to get him but Steen's tangibles heavily outweigh PA's, who really has none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad