Value of: Noah Juulsen

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Juulsen has no value until he proves the injury issues are behind him. Pointless having a thread until he gets some games under his belt.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Andersen is back from the dead recently in Sweden.
Whether or not he skates up to NHL level remains to be seen, but finally, some improvement.

Lias + DAL 2020 3rd
for
Juulsen + STL 2020 2nd

late picks
Andy disappointment to date, slow reversal, but is elc
Juulsen better player but signif injury history

balanced?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Andersen is back from the dead recently in Sweden.
Whether or not he skates up to NHL level remains to be seen, but finally, some improvement.

Lias + DAL 2020 3rd
for
Juulsen + STL 2020 2nd

late picks
Andy disappointment to date, slow reversal, but is elc
Juulsen better player but signif injury history

balanced?

bad for NYR but sure, i wont say no to that

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He's only 23, he cracked the NHL and was set to be an NHL regular before eye injury set him back.

I still believe he's going to be an NHL 4d. He's not going to be the top pairing I was hoping but I still see second pairing in him.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to sell cheap on him, I can't see teams lining up to overpay

there is almost no chance of this. I'd be pretty surprised if he even makes the team this year

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
there is almost no chance of this. I'd be pretty surprised if he even makes the team this year

He was playing as a 4d prior to injury, you are getting on regression so I'm pretty confident with my belief.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
I'm pretty confident he'll grab that 3rd pair RD spot. He's a better player than Kulak,Fleury or Mete. He just need to stay healthy.

Reactions: Gains

mynamejeff420

Apr 14, 2020
Juulsen is probably like the 9th or 10th best defensemen the Habs have at this point, so considering that the alternative is (or should be) losing him to waivers, I'd be happy getting a pick back for him.

His time in the NHL was pretty rough and he's dealt with a lot of injuries over the last number of years, so his trade value isn't going to be high enough to land a 2nd round pick or a roster player (like others have suggested in this thread).

imo I'd rather hang on to some of the other fringe NHL defensemen over him, so imo the best case scenario is a trade for a mid round pick (maybe as high as a 3rd? but that seems like wishful thinking) and 2nd best scenario is losing him to waivers. Worst case scenario is MTL hangs on to him and loses another, better defenseman to waivers as a consequence.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Juulsen is probably like the 9th or 10th best defensemen the Habs have at this point, so considering that the alternative is (or should be) losing him to waivers, I'd be happy getting a pick back for him.

His time in the NHL was pretty rough and he's dealt with a lot of injuries over the last number of years, so his trade value isn't going to be high enough to land a 2nd round pick or a roster player (like others have suggested in this thread).

imo I'd rather hang on to some of the other fringe NHL defensemen over him, so imo the best case scenario is a trade for a mid round pick (maybe as high as a 3rd? but that seems like wishful thinking) and 2nd best scenario is losing him to waivers. Worst case scenario is MTL hangs on to him and loses another, better defenseman to waivers as a consequence.

Carry 8D, lose no one on waivers. Who is waiver eligible and would get claimed?

mynamejeff420

Apr 14, 2020
Carry 8D, lose no one on waivers. Who is waiver eligible and would get claimed?

Yeah I guess carrying 8D could work, and the only guy who would theoretically be on waivers is Ouellet (who is easily replaceable). But if the Habs only decide to carry 7D (including Juulsen) then it's likely one of Mete or Kulak, and they would be very substantial waiver losses.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah I guess carrying 8D could work, and the only guy who would theoretically be on waivers is Ouellet (who is easily replaceable). But if the Habs only decide to carry 7D (including Juulsen) then it's likely one of Mete or Kulak, and they would be very substantial waiver losses.

Most here are advocating/anticipating 8D.

mynamejeff420

Apr 14, 2020
If Juulsen can play like he did pre-injuries, he's easily better than Ouellet.

Pre-injury Juulsen wasn't very good imo (at least the NHL version, I never really watched him play in the AHL) and Ouellet is a solid 6/7 defenseman. If we're comparing "NHL Juulsen" to "NHL Ouellet", I don't think he's easily better (though maybe he's better now than he was pre-injury ).

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Strongly disagree.

Me too, at the beginning of the 2018-2019 season, with Weber on the injury list, Juulsen was playing as the team 2nd right D and he was pretty good.

In fact, he was one of the reason Mtl wasn't allowing a lot of shots on goal, and he was one of the reason Mtl had such a good start.

Not spectacular, but extremely efficient. Good skating, good composure with the puck, good hockey IQ and physical. The guy rarely makes mistakes.

If he can stay healthy, he's a keeper

Last edited:
Reactions: malcb33

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
He’s always hurt and 23? Hasnt established himself , maybe a 5th? Mtl is definetly better off keeping him unless hes included in a big deal

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
for a 2nd i'd move him, for a 3rd i'd think about it, for a midd/late round pick i'd give him a shot to crack the roster

or trade him for another prospect w/ potential that has AHL years left
Juulsen for Niku?

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Juulsen isn’t a bust. He looked good in the Montreal lineup prior to taking two pucks to the face in the same game. It’s taken a long time to recover, but he’s healthy now. Calling him a bust is myopic
my gf and I were at that game... :(

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Pre-injury Juulsen wasn't very good imo (at least the NHL version, I never really watched him play in the AHL) and Ouellet is a solid 6/7 defenseman. If we're comparing "NHL Juulsen" to "NHL Ouellet", I don't think he's easily better (though maybe he's better now than he was pre-injury ).
it's an opinion, and it's incorrect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad