Value of: Noah Juulsen

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I was wondering what the value of Noah Juulsen would be, given he is now waiver eligible and may not have a long term spot in Montreal?

Former 1st round pick in 2015 who has faced some serious injuries, but still a 23-year old who could have some potential left.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The only reason he hasn't secured a spot in Montreal is injuries. He'll be given a shot at a roster spot this camp and he's either recovered enough to take it or he probably won't be an NHLer. I really doubt we would just flip him for some middle draft pick after investing 5 years in him, especially if it was to a division rival.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
for a 2nd i'd move him, for a 3rd i'd think about it, for a midd/late round pick i'd give him a shot to crack the roster

or trade him for another prospect w/ potential that has AHL years left

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was wondering what the value of Noah Juulsen would be, given he is now waiver eligible and may not have a long term spot in Montreal?

Former 1st round pick in 2015 who has faced some serious injuries, but still a 23-year old who could have some potential left.

he won't have much value since he's only played 1 game since coming back from the headaches so no one knows where his game is at. We'll see how he looks at camp and go from there. My guess is that they look to carry him as an 7th/8th D as he's cheap and when healthy at least in the AHL he's been very good defensively and on the PK. The problem is a big part of his game is block shots and being physical to some degree, so we don't know if the headaches will cause him to change up his game or not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bad time to create a thread like this. Juulsen appears to be healthy after dealing with that eye injury for two years. Makes no sense for the Habs to move him for meh value just cause they want to move him. He's not a problem for us and the Habs can easily sign him for $800k for two years like Evans and see if he can get back to the level he was at before the injury.

Reactions: Fenris

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah juulsen won't be moved we will take our chances with him either he makes the team or he won't be a nhler.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah juulsen won't be moved we will take our chances with him either he makes the team or he won't be a nhler.

100%!!! We have no incentive to move him and another team has no incentive to trade for him. Habs will sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal at $800K and we will allow him to regain his level of play before he got hurt. If he doesn't, so be it

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he'll be given every chance to make the team. habs won't lose him on waivers - and in a packed, covid season, they'll need lots of bodies on D. unless he's really bad, he won't go on waivers - and certainly not to the leafs. i believe a worst case scenario is that he's exposed in expansion draft and selected by seattle

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
No idea. Probably not a lot.

Injuries have utterly derailed his career, but I doubt Bergevin has much interest in moving him before seeing what he can do now that it looks like he's finally healthy again.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
The only reason he hasn't secured a spot in Montreal is injuries. He'll be given a shot at a roster spot this camp and he's either recovered enough to take it or he probably won't be an NHLer. I really doubt we would just flip him for some middle draft pick after investing 5 years in him, especially if it was to a division rival.
You see him as one of the best 6/7? Because if not, he will need to go through waivers.
Webber, Petry, Kulak, Edmundson, Chiarot, Romanov, Mete are all better than him right now/will be on the roster to start the season.
Is he better than Folin, Ouellete, Brook, Fleury to get the 8th spot?

Looks like he is in for some good competition at minimum.

Reactions: mynamejeff420

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Juulsen isn’t a bust. He looked good in the Montreal lineup prior to taking two pucks to the face in the same game. It’s taken a long time to recover, but he’s healthy now. Calling him a bust is myopic

he played ONLY 13 games this season--he is 23--calling him a bust might be harsh but he was having injury problems prior to getting injured in the fact

2016 -2017 49 games
2017 - 2018 54 games
2018-2019 24 games
2019 -2020 13 games

He has not played a full season since 15/16 in JR His value is very low and it is buyer beware

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He's only 23, he cracked the NHL and was set to be an NHL regular before eye injury set him back.

I still believe he's going to be an NHL 4d. He's not going to be the top pairing I was hoping but I still see second pairing in him.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to sell cheap on him, I can't see teams lining up to overpay

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
His value in a trade is far lower than the chance he might actually pan out as a serviceable NHLer if healthy.

No reason to trade him. We can afford to carry him on the roster as an 8th defenceman and see what we got in him. A potential #5-6 physical RD is nothing to sneer at.

Last edited:

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
No way Montreal moves him right now. They go to camp and see if he is healthy and can compete. IF not 100% they put him on injury reserve and kick the can down the road.

If he is completely healthy and cannot play well enough to be the 8th Dman they waive him as he will have zero value at that point.

Its a shame to see but it happens. Flyers have their own Dman like that in Morin

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he played ONLY 13 games this season--he is 23--calling him a bust might be harsh but he was having injury problems prior to getting injured in the fact

2016 -2017 49 games
2017 - 2018 54 games
2018-2019 24 games
2019 -2020 13 games

He has not played a full season since 15/16 in JR His value is very low and it is buyer beware
still doesn't make him a bust. he was a regular and playing very well before his injury

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Juulsen is not worth trading right now... he's probably getting a 2 weeks conditioning in the AHL. he does not have much value, might as well keep him and be patient. unless he's a throw in in a trade where the other team ask for him, wich i doubt.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
Ilya Mikheyev is probably the guy we need from Toronto.

Can add a forward to balance the trade.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
You see him as one of the best 6/7? Because if not, he will need to go through waivers.
Webber, Petry, Kulak, Edmundson, Chiarot, Romanov, Mete are all better than him right now/will be on the roster to start the season.

We went in with 8 D last season so we can do it again this year. When healthy, he was better than Folin (who's not returning), Fleury, Ouellet or Brook.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

They could just carry 8 D, send him on a conditioning stint for 2 weeks to see how he does in Laval.

Folin is likely not going to be back, Ouellet I assume he's back but he stinks imo and should stay in Laval unless it's to fill in for a game or two. Brook had a tough rookie year so unless he has an outstanding camp they don't need to rush him in his 2nd year, Fleury that should be a battle but Fleury doesn't need to clear waivers next season and he needs to work on his defensive game so I would think he'll be in Laval. If Juulsen's healthy he's certainly better defensively.

As for the Habs top 7, I'm not sold on Kulak, he seems too inconsistent but as a 7th D I could see him having the edge over Juulsen. They could just opt to let Romanov get his feet wet in the AHL to adjust to the smaller ice. While he played in the KHL, he played most 10-13 mins a game so he would be able to work on his offensive game while playing on the top pairing and getting PP time (which he rarely got in the KHL) Plus we don't have any Russians on the Habs but Laval should have 2 in Khisamutdinov and Demchenko, so it might not be the worst idea to have him start in the AHL though I don't think he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad