Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’ve always seen him as a McDonaugh type player. If he can build on his confidence he can be a top 4 D and make Petry expandable in a year or two.

Reactions: Fenris

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Plays 20min a game, top4 defensemen TOI and he has being GREAT every god damn time i watched him.
He's sure making it hard for me to not be too hyped about his game.
Some players, all it takes is to be surrounded by NHL players, world of difference than the CHL (obviously lol) and the skill/talent sometimes just clicks better at the pro level

we'll take it, if he becomes a 30+ point dman with size and decent wheels we're laughing

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I find that our prospects that are less hyped and fly under the radar are the ones that seem to develop and do better when called up. I think of guys like Tinner, Beau, Latendresse etc and how hyped they were only to never pan out. Juulsen for the most part has flown under the radar and has been an absolute rock back there. Hope he keeps it up.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I find that our prospects that are less hyped and fly under the radar are the ones that seem to develop and do better when called up. I think of guys like Tinner, Beau, Latendresse etc and how hyped they were only to never pan out. Juulsen for the most part has flown under the radar and has been an absolute rock back there. Hope he keeps it up.

I think Latendresse would have panned out if he didn't get so many concussions. At least he would have been a top six or top 9 forward in the older NHL where size was more important. Remember his half season in Minnesota after he was traded? 25 goals in 55 games. Then the concussions started. He only played 11, 16, and 27 games the following 3 years. In interviews after he retired, he said he would try to play through the post concussion symptoms so he didn't lose his place in the lineup. His brain functioning now is still affected by them.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think Latendresse would have panned out if he didn't get so many concussions. At least he would have been a top six or top 9 forward in the older NHL where size was more important. Remember his half season in Minnesota after he was traded? 25 goals in 55 games. Then the concussions started. He only played 11, 16, and 27 games the following 3 years. In interviews after he retired, he said he would try to play through the post concussion symptoms so he didn't lose his place in the lineup. His brain functioning now is still affected by them.

Tender's problem was that he was coached by the biggest X and O, square peg and round hole coach we ever had, Jacques Martin.

Tender wouldnt play exactly as JM wanted so to the bottom 6 he went. JM has no use for him.

Without tje concussions i tjink Tender was a 30 goal guy. Would have been one of those stupid trades we gnash our teeth about.

Reactions: Habs100

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I think Lefebvre, Bergevin, and formerly Therrien as mediocre effort players all resent skilled players. So many players (DD, Weiss, 4th liner of the day) given too much ice time on high lines, too many skilled players (AG, Subban, the busts) told to grind it out.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
What a stud Habs got here. First pro year, coming back from injury, playing like this in the NHL in all situations at only 20 is very impressive. Hockey sense, skating, passing, shooting, size, defensive awarness and great leadership attitude, he offers an amazing overall package.

Reactions: Redux91

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, he could play, but his lack of footspeed would have been an issue today as well. He was already not fleet of foot when he got here, and the game has only gotten faster since.

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
What a stud Habs got here. First pro year, coming back from injury, playing like this in the NHL in all situations at only 20 is very impressive. Hockey sense, skating, passing, shooting, size, defensive awarness and great leadership attitude, he offers an amazing overall package.

The key is avoiding further injury. I don't like the way he blocks shots though. He turns his body sideways, exposing the whole side of his body, including the sides of his feet. We were taught never to do that. That's how Weber got injured earlier this year. Every time Juulsen does it I cringe.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If you block shots, you're going to get hurt. Period. That's why every d-core needs at least one sacrificial lamb.

Jul 6, 2016
Too bad Sergachev, Subban and possibly (who would had beeen picked if MB had not given his second rounders to Chicago) Girard are not around....

With those three + Juulsen and Petry + markov and Emelin... and you get a pretty good D-Corp.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I think Lefebvre, Bergevin, and formerly Therrien as mediocre effort players all resent skilled players. So many players (DD, Weiss, 4th liner of the day) given too much ice time on high lines, too many skilled players (AG, Subban, the busts) told to grind it out.

Subban told to grind it out? There really is no basis for your comment

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I wasn't expecting much from Juulsen in his first call-up, but this kid has been very good defensively so far.

Plays such a smart game for a D who just turned 21 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad