Value of: Noah Juulsen or Josh Brook

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not a single defensive measure has him in the top 10 percent. One step further, he's not in the top 10 percent on second pairing d in any measure. Good yes, elite no.
What? Hes just a rookie. Give him time. Did u know through his first 9 games this season he hadn't given up a single five on five goal or something incredible like that?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Word out of Vancouver is that JB is sitting down with Edler and his agent to discuss waiving his NTC, but I would assume he has to be valued as a pure rental because I think part of the discussion is going to include a potential new contract with the Nucks on July 1st. That is pure speculation, but lets proceed with the understanding any deal for Edler is a rental. With that said - Would Juulsen be available in a TDL deal for Edler? Would Mtl be interested in Edler?

Edler to Mtl for Juulsen + Conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for 1st + conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) + prospect?
Why not just straight up ask Vancouver to bend over and pull them cheeks apart! My gawd those are awful

Reactions: Legend123

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Thanks
Still on the wary side.
Muscles, etc are one thing
Eyes can be lights out.

Bryan Berard was able to maintain an excellent posiiton in hockey after COMPLETELY losing sight in one eye...

And yet, we don't know what's causing Juulsen to be out of the line-up. Could be smething completely different, or maybe concussion symptoms... Give it a rest, i'd rather have him early retire as a Habs then trade him on the cheap and see him gain back his form somewhere else.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Juulsen hasn’t played in a month and there are rumours of nerve damage in his face. His career might be in question. Poor kid.

However; with all that in mind, no one is offering very much for him.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bryan Berard was able to maintain an excellent posiiton in hockey after COMPLETELY losing sight in one eye...

And yet, we don't know what's causing Juulsen to be out of the line-up. Could be smething completely different, or maybe concussion symptoms... Give it a rest, i'd rather have him early retire as a Habs then trade him on the cheap and see him gain back his form somewhere else.

That’s actually not entirely true. Berard was a #1 overall pick and he really struggled on the defensive side of things after his injury. His peripheral vision was completely screwed. He had a couple decent seasons but was never able to fully reach his potential.

Hopefully Juulsen can get through this. That’s no way for a kid to lose his hockey dream.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Juulsen hasn’t played in a month and there are rumours of nerve damage in his face. His career might be in question. Poor kid.

However; with all that in mind, no one is offering very much for him.
those arent rumors. Its just worst-case speculation. I made a post on Habs forum why its not as serious as this single dude thought. Basically, Juulsen returned after his double puck to the face injury playing a few games for the habs and the Rocket. He was then shut down for I presume precautionary reasons. But the fact he managed to play a few weeks after his injury, although too soon, is encouraging. His value isnt down. He'll be back.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Juulsen likely has very little value right now until he is 100% healthy again.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
jesus... Romanov's floor being a #2. pump the tire a bit... I love the kid, love his progression but calm down! i personnaly have Brook higher than Romanov, but Romanov does fill a bigger need. Both are keeper.
i'm calm. you calm? regardless they're both going to be good. the 2 projection is not mine

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Edmundson is a beast. I do that on a heartbeat

And this would be a bad trade.

Edmundson is St-Louis' equivalent of a Brett Kulak, slightly better.

You don't give away your top defensive prospect (whose outperforming Valimaki as mentioned prior) and your top winger prospect for a guy that isn't a top 4D.

Now if you can package Kulak with a 4th rd pick, then yeah maybe you do this. But you don't include any premium assets for a guy that will likely stick to your bottom pair.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
And this would be a bad trade.

Edmundson is St-Louis' equivalent of a Brett Kulak, slightly better.

You don't give away your top defensive prospect (whose outperforming Valimaki as mentioned prior) and your top winger prospect for a guy that isn't a top 4D.

Now if you can package Kulak with a 4th rd pick, then yeah maybe you do this. But you don't include any premium assets for a guy that will likely stick to your bottom pair.

:popcorn:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

not so high on BryBer post injury
your other reflexes are there but depth perception... tricky thing.

So Juul-meister on the shelf for now, then.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Edmunson is underrated but im not ready to move Brook. Brook and Fleury both look to be good building blocks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad