Value of: Noah Juulsen or Josh Brook

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
How about we just keep the two young prospects and see how they develop?

I knew this was going to happen if the Habs managed to exceed expectations and sneak into a wildcard spot. This year's playoffs is basically house money.

Reactions: HOPE

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I would rather put a package in place of Juulsen another prospect or roster player and a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Fowler.

I feel Fowler will balance out our defence and really help on the PP.

Getter done MB!

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Word out of Vancouver is that JB is sitting down with Edler and his agent to discuss waiving his NTC, but I would assume he has to be valued as a pure rental because I think part of the discussion is going to include a potential new contract with the Nucks on July 1st. That is pure speculation, but lets proceed with the understanding any deal for Edler is a rental. With that said - Would Juulsen be available in a TDL deal for Edler? Would Mtl be interested in Edler?

Edler to Mtl for Juulsen + Conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for 1st + conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) + prospect?

Edler to Mtl for Juulsen + Conditional pick? - NO :laugh:
Edler to Mtl for 1st + conditional pick? NO :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Edler to Mtl for conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) + prospect? NO:laugh::laugh:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Word out of Vancouver is that JB is sitting down with Edler and his agent to discuss waiving his NTC, but I would assume he has to be valued as a pure rental because I think part of the discussion is going to include a potential new contract with the Nucks on July 1st. That is pure speculation, but lets proceed with the understanding any deal for Edler is a rental. With that said - Would Juulsen be available in a TDL deal for Edler? Would Mtl be interested in Edler?

Edler to Mtl for Juulsen + Conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for 1st + conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) + prospect?
seriously? habs don't touch any of those offers. none

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I value league production far more than I value tournament production
good for you. Romanov is playing with men in the KHL as an 18 year old. everyone who actually has a clue at the pro level sees him at worst as a 2.
I love Brook too. Neither is available and certainly not for a soon-to-be 32 y.o UFA 30 pt D man. You serious? a 1st and one off our top d prospects? lol

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
good for you. Romanov is playing with men in the KHL as an 18 year old. everyone who actually has a clue at the pro level sees him at worst as a 2.
I love Brook too. Neither is available and certainly not for a soon-to-be 32 y.o UFA 30 pt D man. You serious? a 1st and one off our top d prospects? lol
I just feel Romanov is overrated. Regardless of toi, you would like to see more than 1 point in 34 games.

Also I'm not proposing any Edler trades in this thread. Talk to the other guy about that.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
In another thread today we were discussing how close Brook was to Valimaki. Same draft year but almost a year difference in age, Brook is putting up better numbers in his 19 season than Valimaki. I'm not saying Brook is equal to Valimaki but this is how he's valued in Montreal.

Juulsen was playing top 4 minutes before he took shots to the face. That's where he's at for the Habs right now, they wouldn't let him go unless the return was a top 4 LD.

Whether or not people agree with the assessments of these guys or not, this is how the Habs see both these players. To get them from the Habs would require a young top 4 LD

Reactions: xNogaitx

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Can he play LD? If not, that's a no-go. If so, that could be a good starting point, though the added 2nd is kinda steep for a 30yo.

Easy pass for LA then. Martinez is a quality two-way 2nd pairing defenceman who can play either side. He’s proven clutch in the playoffs too. His resume easily warrants the addition of the 2nd.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Some months ago, 4 maybe 6, I said that Rangers would be interested in Juulsen given he is RD, but can't afford to take risk due to injury unless he was cheap, or there was some other consideration involved.

we still don't have an idea on what he looks like going forward?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Some months ago, 4 maybe 6, I said that Rangers would be interested in Juulsen given he is RD, but can't afford to take risk due to injury unless he was cheap, or there was some other consideration involved.

we still don't have an idea on what he looks like going forward?
elite top 4 shot down d man. just needs to be healthy and gain his good early season form where he was insanely good.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

jesus... Romanov's floor being a #2. pump the tire a bit... I love the kid, love his progression but calm down! i personnaly have Brook higher than Romanov, but Romanov does fill a bigger need. Both are keeper.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad