Value of: Noah Juulsen or Josh Brook

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Word out of Vancouver is that JB is sitting down with Edler and his agent to discuss waiving his NTC, but I would assume he has to be valued as a pure rental because I think part of the discussion is going to include a potential new contract with the Nucks on July 1st. That is pure speculation, but lets proceed with the understanding any deal for Edler is a rental. With that said - Would Juulsen be available in a TDL deal for Edler? Would Mtl be interested in Edler?

Edler to Mtl for Juulsen + Conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for 1st + conditional pick?
Edler to Mtl for conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) + prospect?

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Neither player should be moved. Brook is an excellent prospect. Juulsen will be a solid pro that we need when Petry and Weber are done.

We dont have to move them, and i think the futur of each will be great. But if Habs could get a LD with the same potentiel why not.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Word out of Vancouver is that JB is sitting down with Edler and his agent to discuss waiving his NTC, but I would assume he has to be valued as a pure rental because I think part of the discussion is going to include a potential new contract with the Nucks on July 1st. That is pure speculation, but lets proceed with the understanding any deal for Edler is a rental. With that said - Would Juulsen be available in a TDL deal for Edler? Would Mtl be interested in Edler?

Edler to Mtl for conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if he does not resign) + prospect?
Plz stop

Reactions: stanley25

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
We dont have to move them, and i think the futur of each will be great. But if Habs could get a LD with the same potentiel why not.

I may have jumped the gun thinking this thread was about mortgaging the future. It does tend to be the case in this forum. However, we have Tyszka, Walford, and Romanov. The latter projects extremely well at this point. Tyszka missed a chunk of time this year, but his ppg is up from last year. Walford has built on his draft year and is 1 point from tying his career high in 15 less games. These kids fit in well with our prospect pool. All three play the position the modern way, with the physicality edge going to Romanov.

We're thin on the left side now. With Mete only 20, and these three, we're not thin for the future. People seem to be really overlooking the last 2 drafts for Montreal. They've really stocked the system.

I haven't even brought up NCAA rookie lhd Josh Harris, or first year pro rhd Cale Fleury (who's having a nice season in Laval).

Montreal Canadiens Draft History at hockeydb.com

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Brook is definitely a no go. Theres rumor juulsen’s career couldvbe compromise due to a puck in the face, apparently a nerve was hit and he currently is getting blurry vision on one side, but this is a rumor and nothing has been confirmed. If it happens to be untrue, i could see us packaging juulsen for a similar LHD prospect!

chapeau

Jan 16, 2019

Thing is, I don't think the team is interested in a pricy rental, so not giving up years of Juulsen for a few weeks of Edler straight up. He's still solid, but he remains a rental, while Juulsen fits in with where team is headed.
A 1st + a pick? That's just ridiculous. Now if he was re-signed, that'd be an other story.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Thing is, I don't think the team is interested in a pricy rental, so not giving up years of Juulsen for a few weeks of Edler straight up. He's still solid, but he remains a rental, while Juulsen fits in with where team is headed.
A 1st + a pick? That's just ridiculous. Now if he was re-signed, that'd be an other story.

maybe that's the condition. 1st plus a conditional 2020 2nd if he re-signs

chapeau

Jan 16, 2019
maybe that's the condition. 1st plus a conditional 2020 2nd if he re-signs
The first is already too much though, at least from a Montreal POV. Not giving up a 1st for a rental during a year where just making the playoffs is gravy. Team is built to contend in 2 years, so jeopardizing the future for a few weeks of Edler makes no sense. I like Edler, but a core D of Weber, Petry and Edler would be way too old. Montreal needs someone like Fowler, even if the asking price is gonna be much steeper.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The conditional pick would be on the condition he re-signs, given his situation I would think any team making an offer would want to mitigate risk of him leaving at the end of the year. That was the intention of the conditional pick in the proposals.

chapeau

Jan 16, 2019
The conditional pick would be on the condition he re-signs, given his situation I would think any team making an offer would want to mitigate risk of him leaving at the end of the year. That was the intention of the conditional pick in the proposals.
Right, but the 1st by itself is a deal-breaker. Just don't think it's a fit, though for an other team it would make more sense.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The first is already too much though, at least from a Montreal POV. Not giving up a 1st for a rental during a year where just making the playoffs is gravy. Team is built to contend in 2 years, so jeopardizing the future for a few weeks of Edler makes no sense. I like Edler, but a core D of Weber, Petry and Edler would be way too old. Montreal needs someone like Fowler, even if the asking price is gonna be much steeper.
That's understandable, and I would feel the same way if my team was in the same boat, but there are a lot ignorant comments regarding his Edler's value and I question how many of the people making them actually watch games, and not 1 game, but multiple games over multiple seasons. Edler has gone from being over-valued to being greatly under-valued and that might be a product of how poor the team has been over the past 3 years but some of the takes on Edler on this board are criminally bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad