Rumor: Noah Hanifin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Heard nothing about Hanifin and Detroit since Calgary took him off the market, back early in the season. Heard Vegas the most since around late December. Tampa some too before Sergachev’s injury. Mostly Vegas though. The Florida thing is new.

One interesting thing is, after Calgary was scouting both Detroit and Grand Rapids a few times early in the season, nothing but once in January I think it was. Lately though, they’ve been in Grand Rapids multiple times again. Whether that’s Hanifin related, who knows. Heard Detroit could have interest in Pospisil or Sharangovich from Calgary recently though. Even heard Blake Coleman over the weekend.

What I have heard about the blue line, is that they still want someone to carry that second pairing 20+ minutes a night BUT they think they’re moving the puck better than they thought, and want to add a different element to their blue line. If you look at deals Yzerman has made in Tampa, he liked adding monsters on the blue line. Just look at Grand Rapids. It’s no secret he likes big Dmen.

I’ve heard more than once Oleksiak from Seattle, or even Pettersson from Pittsburgh. Also wouldn't be shocked, that if they make a huge move on the blue line, it would be for Parayko. That if any team gets Parayko, it’ll be Detroit.

That said, knowing that’s what they’d like, teams don’t like trading those types. I’ve heard several times, that if Detroit can’t add a big, heavy dman, look for Justin Faulk.

Have heard Ferraro and Justin Schultz too, but that’s the name I keep hearing Detroit could be looking at if they don’t go big. I did have someone tell me today however, after saying Faulk for awhile, that they think the Blues aren’t moving him. That they might be doing something else on their blue line. Like trading Krug somewhere.

At forward, I know they like Jake DeBrusk, and would love to add someone like Brandon Tanev. I’ve heard they’ve also been one of the teams interested in Mittlestadt, and an interesting name? Ryan Hartman. Detroit has scouted Minnesota way too much for some reason. He’s a name I’ve heard for over a year.

Would Hanifin surprise me at this point? No, not at all. If they did make that deal, I’d almost bet Sharangovich or Pospisil comes with him too. Or maybe even Blake Coleman.

On Buchnevich, really haven’t heard Detroit. If they did that though, he can play C, and play it well. So if the Blues really are moving him, can’t count him out. Obviously the cost won’t be cheap, but he is someone who can play C for a few weeks, and then shift back to the wing. I’d be more willing to say they’d move on him, before Guentzel, but who knows. Knowing Dubas, he’s asking for two prospects Yzerman doesn’t care for much.

It’ll be a fun week.
Thoughtful as always.

I would like to say that Pospisil can fu*k right off. Don't want him anywhere near us. Sharangovich would be pretty damn good with that shot of his.

Ryan Hartman might be exactly what we need (never even thought about him). I was saying someone like Tom Wilson or Laughton, but Hartman fits that mold pretty well. Agitator, can get a little dirtier than I'd like but hey I was talking about tom wilson this offseason lmao. Parayko makes a lot of sense just for the size factor, but does he actually provide quality Defense? I actually am asking because I am not sure.

Lot of interesting stuff here. So I guess we aren't going for a goalie then. I guess that makes sense. Buchnevich not even being a conversation is unsettling but here we are. It would be quite annoying if we got Oleksiak instead of a guy like Hanifin and he takes up Ed/ALJO's spot for the next two years.

Interesting week ahead.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Depending on the cost to acquire Hanifan I’d rather they just work in Edvinsson and get a few “greasy” or “smelly” players for their bottom 6 and blue line

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Good for him. That will push Stamkos out.

And we will be front runners for that.
depends...they could include cirelli in the deal and that frees up 6.5 mil. if hanifin gets 7x7 or whatever, then they only lose 500k in cap space and still have 9+ mil to make some moves. I think

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As Hanifin's fate looms, and Tampa looks more likely, we'll consolidate chatter to the Trade Deadline thread:

Reactions: SoupNazi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad