Proposal: Noah Hanifin to Buffalo for pick 13

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm not a Flames fan, but I imagine they're going with a new coach and going to tet and be competitive again, so I can't see them trading Hanifin.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think most Jackets fans would be fine offering up LA 1st + prospect (Ceulemans?) For Hanifin

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
They don’t care about handedness. Dahlin plays the right side almost all the time already. And because he plays so much with Jokiharju, Power plays with both hands tied behind his back so it doesn’t matter for him either,
Probably a bit why you guy's can't make the playoff if you use your players everywhere and tied their hands behind their backs.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
They don’t care about handedness. Dahlin plays the right side almost all the time already. And because he plays so much with Jokiharju, Power plays with both hands tied behind his back so it doesn’t matter for him either,
That makes sense :popcorn::laugh:

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
To say they don’t care about handedness seems presumptuous. 4 left hands in the top-4 is obviously not ideal and I’d love Hanifin. There’s not any indication Adams was doing more than his due diligence re Chychrun to dispute that imo

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
To say they don’t care about handiness seems presumptuous. 4 left hands in the top-4 is obviously not ideal and I’d love Hanifin. There’s not any indication Adams was doing more than his due diligence re Chychrun to dispute that imo

It’s not presumptuous at all, it’s straight out of the mouth of Kevyn Adams at his season-ending presser.

He said handedness matters only in certain specific situations, and that they care far more about ability than handedness. They are quite comfortable that their current top 3 can play either side and often do.

They are not specifically looking for a right-handed defenceman, they are looking for a good defenceman capable of stepping up if one of the top 3 are out.

You can choose to believe a message board poster, or a GM.

(As to whether that’s why they aren’t making the playoffs, check out the team’s record with all 3 of Dahlin Power and Samuelsson in the lineup.)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Noah Hanifin isn’t worth the 13th overall pick.

Hanifin’s value is more on par with a late 1st round pick.
I don’t know, I think you’re overvaluing draft picks. The odds you get a player like Hanifin with like the 25th pick for instance is very low.

Noah Hanifin is a very good defender with great size, mobility, and will put up 40 points. I think pick 13 is pretty fair if he signs an extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kulich Man

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I’d do both 2nds but not 13 for Hanifin. Essentially I agree that Hanifin is worth about a late 1st. 13 is too much. Unless we trade down into the 20’s our closest pick is Philly’s 2nd

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Yeah a 26 year old mobile defenceman entering his prime isn't worth a top 13 pick lol. Should stop posting, that's a ridiculous take.
Hanifin wasn’t even the best defenseman on his team, just say you haven’t watched the flames this season.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Similar prices have been paid in the past year for Romanov and Hronek.

Both were RFA control and Romanov was 4 years younger. Hanifin is 26 going on 27 with 1 year left sub 5mil and will be looking for probably 6mil at minimum.

Honestly I’d be more willing to just give a 2nd for Tanev since he fits our needs far better

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I don’t know I think you overvaluing draft picks. The odds you get a player like Hanifin with like the 25th pick for instance is very low.

Noah Hanifin is a very good defender with great size, mobility, and will put up 40 points. I think pick 13 is pretty fair if he signs an extension.
Hanifin is a good puck mover and passer, but he hasn’t used his great size until this season.

Noah took a shit load of shots this season but he has never been the goal scoring type of defender some were hoping Hanifin would be as he only potted 7 goals with 1 on the power play.

Hanifin didn’t even hit 40 points this season even with all his assists, if the Flames were looking to trade Noah then they would have when his value was at its highest last season.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Both were RFA control and Romanov was 4 years younger. Hanifin is 26 going on 27 with 1 year left sub 5mil and will be looking for probably 6mil at minimum.

Honestly I’d be more willing to just give a 2nd for Tanev since he fits our needs far better

Hanifin is only 10 months older than Hronek and only 1 year closer to UFA. He’s 3 years older than Romanov and a far more accomplished player. He’s also fine skater and long way away from becoming the diminishing return you imply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad