Proposal: Noah Hanifin and James Neal for Kyle Palmieri

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
He's also turning 32 before the start of next season. How many players that age have ever been traded for a 1st, blue chip prospect, and a roster player?

I guess it depends on how you define "blue chip" project. Typically that term is applied to the top 20 or so prospects in the league. Kessel is not bringing that back at his age.
maybe not blue chip, but a Grade A prospect

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I’m not the worlds biggest Hanifin fan, but you’re right. Considering age, production, durability and contract, Hanifin is worth significantly more than Palmieri. Hanifin won’t be packaged to move Neal. His value is a lot closer to Hischier than it is Palmieri.
Good god does this site under value Hischier. You have got to be kidding actually thinking that

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Good god does this site under value Hischier. You have got to be kidding actually thinking that
Not at all. Yes, I think that Hanifin’s value is a lot closer to a 2 years younger Hischier than it is a 6 year older, winger Palmieri. Would a straight up deal for Hischier and Hanifin ever happen? Probably not, but it’s far closer than Palmieri.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Since coming to New Jersey in 15-16, Palmieri is the 14th highest scoring right winger in the NHL and 17th in points/game. I wouldn't move him for Hanifin, who I like as a good 2nd pairing defenseman, as it doesn't make our team better.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Not at all. Yes, I think that Hanifin’s value is a lot closer to a 2 years younger Hischier than it is a 6 year older, winger Palmieri. Would a straight up deal for Hischier and Hanifin ever happen? Probably not, but it’s far closer than Palmieri.
No. It’s really not.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah.
Hanifin =/= Palmieri's value in a 1 for 1 trade.
Like, not close, at all. Hanifin's a young stud D who turned 22 in January. Irregardless of Palmieri's improvement from a 2nd round pick value (and it's higher), how often are under 25 year old stud defencemen moved in general? Let alone for a goal scorer.

I think Kyle's a good fit in Calgary. Not at that cost. Calgary's building something really special on the backend, the only guys I'd move back there are Brodie and Kylington (of course Stone), and that'd be for Palmieri type upgrade.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I’m not the worlds biggest Hanifin fan, but you’re right. Considering age, production, durability and contract, Hanifin is worth significantly more than Palmieri. Hanifin won’t be packaged to move Neal. His value is a lot closer to Hischier than it is Palmieri.

I think it's fair to say that Hanifin is worth more than Palmieri, but not that much more.
That being said Hanifin is nowhere near close to Hischier's value. If you wanted to trade for Hischier it would cost you Monahan + Hanifin at the very least.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Without looking at Hanafin's or Palmieri's values, Neal just scored 19 points in 63 games, is 32 in September, and is making 5.75 million per year for 4 more years. That contract is atrocious and he has significant negative value in a trade. Don't touch this because of Neal alone

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Habs could use a left handed D, if calgary needs cap relief, how about suzuki plus
Would it be a Hanifin + Neal for Suzuki +? If it's just Hanifin then I'd have to figure the Flames ask for a top 6, goal scoring winger with picks going either way, or Montreal adding based on contracts. With Neal idk how Flames get Suzuki + anything but it's a deal I wouldn't be 100% opposed to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad