Proposal: Noah Hanifin and James Neal for Kyle Palmieri

Devils820

Feb 19, 2014
NJ
If we’re taking back Neal you aren’t getting Palmieri.

You can have Zacha or Mcleod and some picks

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
Neal honestly won't be a big deal on NJ. His caphit doesnt matter and he's a good vet for the rebuild, I could actually seem him turning it around. The Flames style of play just isn't his cup of tea.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Neal honestly won't be a big deal on NJ. His caphit doesnt matter and he's a good vet for the rebuild, I could actually seem him turning it around. The Flames style of play just isn't his cup of tea.

Rebuild is over after this draft for the Devils, time for Shero to cash in on assets and start loading this team. Devils are in no position to trade and replace one hole and have another. Devils need to add scoring not subtract.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Depending on other moves the Devils could make I’d do it one-for-one, want no part of Neal. Don’t think they can afford to part with Palmieri considering their lack of RW depth.

I kind of like the idea of this trade, and don’t really mind taking on Neal, but I don’t really think we can move Palmieri. Value-wise it’s fine, but we have no RW depth.
I wonder if something around Hanifin+Neal for Wood + XYZ would work. Wood seems like he’d be a great fit in CGY, but idk what else you’d want. We could obviously send futures or McLeod + or maybe Butcher (probably would need some retention on Neal if we’re sending Butcher your way though).

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I kind of like the idea of this trade, and don’t really mind taking on Neal, but I don’t really think we can move Palmieri. Value-wise it’s fine, but we have no RW depth.
I wonder if something around Hanifin+Neal for Wood + XYZ would work. Wood seems like he’d be a great fit in CGY, but idk what else you’d want. We could obviously send futures or McLeod + or maybe Butcher (probably would need some retention on Neal if we’re sending Butcher your way though).
The issue with trying to lump Neal in with Hanifin is that, if Hanifin is going to move is for a top 6 RWer. I think a stand alone deal of Hanifin for Palmieri would be a good starting point, and then either team adds. We can't try and make a hockey deal with a salary dump built in, and taking a maybe for a top 6 role (ala Wood and picks) doesn't help the goal of contending right now, but in all reality neither does trading a 22 year old second pairing d-man.

If Flames did go for Butcher they'd probably add in a pick instead of retaining salary on Neal, as that is counter-productive for a cap dump.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Hahaha

PPG Winger signed under 7mil how many of those are in the league ???
He's also turning 32 before the start of next season. How many players that age have ever been traded for a 1st, blue chip prospect, and a roster player?

I guess it depends on how you define "blue chip" project. Typically that term is applied to the top 20 or so prospects in the league. Kessel is not bringing that back at his age.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
We’re not trading a player we literally signed 10 months ago. Looks bad on management.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
If we traded palms for hanafin 1 for 1 that would be almost as bad as hall for Lars except nj would be on the worst side this time

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Hanifin is NOT worth Kyle Palmieri WTF
I’m not the worlds biggest Hanifin fan, but you’re right. Considering age, production, durability and contract, Hanifin is worth significantly more than Palmieri. Hanifin won’t be packaged to move Neal. His value is a lot closer to Hischier than it is Palmieri.

Last edited:

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I’m not the worlds biggest Hanifin fan, but you’re right. Considering age, production, durability and contract, Hanifin is worth significantly more than Palmieri. Hanifin won’t be packaged to move Neal.
Kyle Palmieri makes less money than Noah Hanifin. Kyle Palmieri is great at scoring goals. What is Noah Hanifin great at? He is the definition of a player that is good at everything but not great at anything. I don’t see any elite first pairing potential and neither do flames fans. They would prefer to trade Noah over valimaki or kylington if they had to trade one of those three players. Hanafin is not nearly as valuable as you think he is. He is a career second pair defender

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Kyle Palmieri makes less money than Noah Hanifin. Kyle Palmieri is great at scoring goals. What is Noah Hanifin great at? He is the definition of a player that is good at everything but not great at anything. I don’t see any elite first pairing potential and neither do flames fans. They would prefer to trade Noah over valimaki or kylington if they had to trade one of those three players. Hanafin is not nearly as valuable as you think he is. He is a career second pair defender
I’m not exactly sure what you think Palmieri is but he turns 29 years old next season, has never broken 60 points and has 2 years remaining on his contract, before asking for a significant raise, that will surely see him decline. Hanifin just finished 44th in scoring, among defensemen, and achieved over 30 points, for the second time, in only his 21 year old season. Valimaki is going to be special, but anyone claiming they’d keep Kylington over Hanifin, is an idiot. I think there could be a deal to be made between the Flames and Devils but it’s highly unlikely it would involve Hanifin, Palmieri or James Neal. I’ve had my eye on Santini for a while. Possibly straight up for Kylington or part of a package for Brodie?

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I think there could be a deal to be made between the Flames and Devils but it’s highly unlikely it would involve Hanifin, Palmieri or James Neal. I’ve had my eye on Santini for a while.

Hannifin and Santini were defensive pair in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad