Proposal: Noah Hanifin and James Neal for Kyle Palmieri

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Kessel doesn't hold that much value given his age.
Kessel has plenty value as a ppg winger on a sweet deal, and Hanifin didn’t really do anything to raise his value after being dealt to the Flames.

I understand the age difference, not saying I would necessarily do it from the Flames side.. but I think the value is a lot closer than you make it seem.

Ppg wingers for under 7 mill these days? They don’t grow on trees

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Not really, but he has a sweet contract, young and can be flipped for a good return. Nylander earns $2M more and this trades provides needed cap relief.
Both teams need cap relief so imo, trading Hanifin for a guy who will be our highest paid player is questionable.

something around Zib + for Raz Andersson++
Andersson/Valimaki are our closest pieces to being unmoveable, Andersson specifically because he's a young, 20 point rookie on the blue line. As well, he's our most easily controllable player on the right side with Hamonic and Brodie being gone soon. Any trade for Zib from the Flames has to start from another player, even if this is for a #1C.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Both teams need cap relief so imo, trading Hanifin for a guy who will be our highest paid player is questionable.

Andersson/Valimaki are our closest pieces to being unmoveable, Andersson specifically because he's a young, 20 point rookie on the blue line. As well, he's our most easily controllable player on the right side with Hamonic and Brodie being gone soon. Any trade for Zib from the Flames has to start from another player, even if this is for a #1C.

As of July 2 nylander would be making 4.9 x 5 in actual money.

Also. Are you not signing hamonic?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
lol, what are you talking about ? kessel would get a
1st
Top 9 roster player
Bluechip prospect
I think that’s probably a little rich I doubt he returns that. Likely only a 1st and like a 2nd line forward for 2nd pair D-man. But to think Noah Hanifin is so much more valuable than Kessel is kinda silly.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Who is going to take Gio's place when he declines?

Noah is a no go. Trade Brodie, trade Hammer and trade any other d man before you trade Noah.

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
Who is going to take Gio's place when he declines?

Noah is a no go. Trade Brodie, trade Hammer and trade any other d man before you trade Noah.

Brodie wont get you the player the Flames need. Hamonic is a rare breed and a piece we need. Valimaki can replace Gio, Kylington could be a stud but he needs to play consistently and hone his abilities on the 3rd paid for a couple years.

Hanifin is the most valueable piece the flames have they could actually trade, not significantly hurt the team and get a nice piece back

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Brodie wont get you the player the Flames need. Hamonic is a rare breed and a piece we need. Valimaki can replace Gio, Kylington could be a stud but he needs to play consistently and hone his abilities on the 3rd paid for a couple years.

Hanifin is the most valueable piece the flames have they could actually trade, not significantly hurt the team and get a nice piece back

Hamonic was a rare bread of suck in the playoffs lol. Your right about Brodie, especially with only a year on his contract. Kylington is not replacing anyone on the roster. If anything, I think he’s our biggest trade chip.

And if your talking about the physical element, hammer had 44 hits. Hanifin had 87.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
As of July 2 nylander would be making 4.9 x 5 in actual money.

Also. Are you not signing hamonic?
I'm pretty sure his cap hit is 6.9 mil, though, which would give him the biggest cap hit on the team.

The plan is to sign Hamonic, and that would probably work since he wants to be in western Canada, but there's no guarantees.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Solves problems for both teams.

Calgary needs a top RW and NJ needs a LHD

Depending on other moves the Devils could make I’d do it one-for-one, want no part of Neal. Don’t think they can afford to part with Palmieri considering their lack of RW depth.

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
Depending on other moves the Devils could make I’d do it one-for-one, want no part of Neal. Don’t think they can afford to part with Palmieri considering their lack of RW depth.

I mean you're gonna have to take Neal in the Deal.

Hanifin for Pal 1 for 1 isn't a good deal. Neal won't really hurt the devils anyway, your rebuilding. He could mentor the kids

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I mean you're gonna have to take Neal in the Deal.

Hanifin for Pal 1 for 1 isn't a good deal. Neal won't really hurt the devils anyway, your rebuilding. He could mentor the kids

I’d rather add picks or something else than take him on. I don’t see him as a good mentoring influence and I’m not interested in that contract for the next four years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad