Player Discussion: Noah Dobson

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
3 assists tonight, although I wonder if the point counter in Toronto will look at the first 2 and take one or both away

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Looks great. Watching how he will handle the stretch drive. Teams will be hammering him soon. Perhaps starting Friday night. Long season but man is he looking great. Nice pick lou.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Looks great. Watching how he will handle the stretch drive. Teams will be hammering him soon. Perhaps starting Friday night. Long season but man is he looking great. Nice pick lou.
Was it McKenzie who said that NYI being able to draft Dobson was a gift, and NYI hit the draft out of the park just to accept it? The moment EDM picked Bouchard, I was both ecstatic, and terrified.

imo it's completely open to debate who is the 2nd best defender (after Q. Hughes). The same comparison may indicate how much it will cost to sign him long term. 😱

Reactions: PWJunior and mm11

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Was it McKenzie who said that NYI being able to draft Dobson was a gift, and NYI hit the draft out of the park just to accept it? The moment EDM picked Bouchard, I was both ecstatic, and terrified.

imo it's completely open to debate who is the 2nd best defender (after Q. Hughes). The same comparison may indicate how much it will cost to sign him long term. 😱

Found money was the phrase...

I almost crapped my pants when Edmonton did the Edmonton thing and took Bouchard. Dobson is who I wanted desperately.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Denis was MEAN, Dobson isn't.

Comparison is closer to Bourque or Guy Lapointe

Josi is also a good comparison

I brought up an Aucoin/Malakhov hybrid as the best comparable for Dobson. Consistency always comes last for a young defenseman and he is one of the best players on the ice like every game now. The passing ability is absolutely sublime, it's impressive. The defense has improved and he is a full blown #1D horse. PPG+ this late into the season is crazy and it's legit production.

It's hard to have a great comparable other than Pietrangelo, but Dobson is a lot more new age PMD than Pietrangelo and more akin to Makar offensively. He is so confident carrying the puck and he is the best outlet passer I've seen in some time from the blue line. The game has clearly slowed down for him and his high hockey IQ is also very obvious.

If Dobson gains another 10 pounds and improves his defensive game, he could be a franchise d-man like Potvin was.

Reactions: SI90 and WangMustGo

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't know which is worse, to be honest.

Luckily, we're now all aboard Noah's Ark and can let the flood of success coming to this kid's future consume the sins of old.

Dobson is even better than I had hoped. Kid does have legit PPG potential over an entire season and be solid defensively, a unicorn.

Reactions: Konk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad