Noah Dobson or Evan Bouchard?

Who becomes the better NHLer, Dobson or Bouchard?

• Noah Dobson

• Evan Bouchard

Results are only viewable after voting.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wow. i'm pretty surprised by this.
I can see Dobson as your Number 1 Dman. He'll put up points, play hard in all three zones, PK, PP, ES, 3ON3 etc. He's not far from being THAT guy... areas to improve on for sure but the headroom is there.
Bouchard cant defend in his own zone good enough to warrant top pairing minutes. If i had to guess the future, he'll never be seen more than a 2nd pairing guy with a PP specialty. I can see Dobson playing 22 even strength minutes a night easily.
It’s an old poll: a couple of years ago.
I think Dobson would run away with the poll now.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Do you realize Bouchard has the 4th-lowest CA/60 out of all NHL defensemen? Dobson, meanwhile, is ranked #204. There are 225 defensemen in total(at least 150min 5on5). Dobson has allowed 50% more CA than Bouchard. All stats 5on5.

In other words, Bouchard has been one of the best defensive defensemen, while Dobson has been one of the worst.

Wait, are you actually suggesting that Bouchard is one of the best defensive defensemen in the NHL, up there with the likes of Slavin, due to one stat?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Bouchard finished with more goals, assists points....more ES goals, assists, points...more PP goals, assists and points.
better +/-
way better ES goal differential (+37 to +10)
on for less goals against at ES

oh, also a PPG in the playoffs with 30 points in 29 games...Dobson has 0 goals and 9 points in 28 games

this thread is hilarious lol

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Although Dobson is better defensively, I think that Bouchard is a better fit for the Oilers given what the Oilers need offensively. He's a great puck mover and has a strong presence in the offensive zone as a point man.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bouchard finished with more goals, assists points....more ES goals, assists, points...more PP goals, assists and points.
better +/-
way better ES goal differential (+37 to +10)
on for less goals against at ES

oh, also a PPG in the playoffs with 30 points in 29 games...Dobson has 0 goals and 9 points in 28 games

this thread is hilarious lol
You can't be serious lol. Bouchard gets to play with McDavid. Who does Dobson play with? By that logic Tyson Barrie must've been some elite defenseman too :laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Statistically there is ZERO argument that Dobson is better than Bouchard. By eye; Bouchard is the more skilled and impactful defenceman. By eye and stats they both have their warts defensively too. Bouchard’s career will only get better and better from here on out. Dobson peaked early.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
You can't be serious lol. Bouchard gets to play with McDavid. Who does Dobson play with? By that logic Tyson Barrie must've been some elite defenseman too :laugh:
Tyson Barrie scored 80 points in the NHL playing with McDavid?

Dobson play with world-class goalies yet was on the ice for more GA when Bouchard :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Likely because he plays a greater number of minutes against tougher quality of competition while playing on a weaker team.

Usage and deployment MATTERS when evaluating dmen.
Dobson is a RHD. NYI has Pullock as their top defensive RHD don't they?
Surprised at Dobson's offensive numbers. Seems to have been a tradeoff between offense/defense for him based on his draft writeup.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Likely because he plays a greater number of minutes against tougher quality of competition while playing on a weaker team.

Usage and deployment MATTERS when evaluating dmen.
I agree, which Bouchard is the #1 RHD on the team and played the most minutes on the team, including ES minutes

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
By this logic why doesn't Makar get a more suspicious eye cast on him? He gets to play with MacKinnon, the best player in the league this year

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The only thing Dobson has an advantage over Bouchard at over the past season is PDO.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Kind of crazy that Bouchard has 4 points in 1 game and they are all secondary assists. They still count but it does tell you something

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Kind of crazy that Bouchard has 4 points in 1 game and they are all secondary assists. They still count but it does tell you something
Yeah it tells you he’s good at getting the puck up the ice and distributes the puck well on the PP

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I regret to inform Quinn Hughes and Cale Makar that because they have more second assists than first assists that they suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad