Post-Game Talk: No post-game blues in St-Louis. Only hats, wings, and wins. Habs win 7-4

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lucky for me there are no vodka ads.

It's not that I hate the thought of having gambling ads, although i find the industry a bit sleazy in general.

But the gambling ads on Sportsnet are so intrusive. It's part of the pre game content. It's part of the mid game content. It's part of the intermission content.

It's just always there. If it was a regular ad spot during commercial breaks, it wouldn't bother me, but we have Rogers employees constantly talking about it all game with real time betting odds.

It's just completely shoved down your throat like no other product during a hockey broadcast before.

Reactions: Canad13ns

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I know Dvorak had the hat trick last night, but what a f***ing vanilla player. Every time he gets on the ice I tell myself it's time to go take a piss or grab something from the fridge.

I honestly don't see him with this team long term.

I know it's weird to post this after his hat trick, but I think they can get something of value for him at the trade deadline, do it. Especially if they can recoup that first rounder back.
Even his hat trick was vanilla. An intercepted pass that ended up in the net, a deflection and an EN. It means that he got a hat trick without beating a goalie with a shot.

That being said, his line has been playing well the last 2 games.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Cournoyer was built like an ox, though. His lower body strength was legendary, as described in Ken Dryden’s book, The Game. And he could fly like few others in his era, as well as play a power game.

Of course, both Cournoyer and Caufield rank among the shortest players in Habs history so people are naturally inclined to draw parallels.

I hate comparables, especially from eras so far removed. So, they’re both short and they both have had a Habs jersey on but there are just too many variances for me to draw a parallel.
The biggest reason I feel compelled to compare him with the Roadrunner is the seemingly unbridled enthusiasm he has for the game, kid is always smiling even when apparently getting crushed and his will and determination to get back after it. I see tons of breakaways in his future, another comparable to Cournoyer, I do realize that Yvan was much thicker, anyways I love to compare him with my all-time favorite Hab. Pure shameless prejudice on my part, but I will continue to feel that way!!! LOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Even his hat trick was vanilla. An intercepted pass that ended up in the net, a deflection and an EN. It means that he got a hat trick without beating a goalie with a shot.

I don’t know but that deflection was a work of art. Superb technique.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The biggest reason I feel compelled to compare him with the Roadrunner is the seemingly unbridled enthusiasm he has for the game, kid is always smiling even when apparently getting crushed and his will and determination to get back after it. I see tons of breakaways in his future, another comparable to Cournoyer, I do realize that Yvan was much thicker, anyways I love to compare him with my all-time favorite Hab. Pure shameless prejudice on my part, but I will continue to feel that way!!! LOL
You have become drunken with the aura of your username. :laugh:

Sure, have fun with it. I just find that each player is so unique that I’d have a difficult time drawing parallels.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
They didn't necessarily have to tank at that specific time because of the grand slam draft they had in 07. Their top 4 prospects within two years of Price's draft had become price, mcondaugh, Pacioretty, and subban. That is as good as it can get.

And given the on ice results right after the draft, I can't see how any GM would be able to sell their owner on a tear down. Remember, this was a time of extremely high expectations, and even tsn had the Habs going to the final for 08/09.

Now granted, they ended up gutting the core anyways before the 09/10 season, and perhaps that was the time to take a more patient approach rather than going for cammalleri, gionta, Gomez etc...., but not before that.
All of that is true, but what I'm saying is we shouldve went into tank mode after 03-04 or actually after 04-05 which was the lockout. Let's say you get two top 5 picks in 06 and 07, maybe we're the ones to get Kane and Toews and maybe we still get Subban idk.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
MOneyhab is another 1st round pick... Habs could end up having 3 this year... wouldn't that be something.
Flames can suck it!

All three at once. But Sens are not going to make it anyway... Leafs neither... I called it before the start of the season.
Habs should maybe go for a 2024 first for Monahan. And I look forward to calgary being worse in 25.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs should maybe go for a 2024 first for Monahan. And I look forward to calgary being worse in 25.
Or 26. Or possibly 27. Or, who knows.

The way the conditions on that deal were designed, we may collectively fall into the portal that connects multiple black holes. We may have accidentally discovered time travel to an unknown destination.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Remember RE: Dvo - they ask how many.

Dvorak is boring but he's a good footsoldier who isn't overpaid IMO. I like that he's strong on the dot and he's not a soft player. Just a good garbageman goalscorer and those are welcome on my team anytime. I saw a post recently that said that Dvorak has never playing for a good team before and maybe this particular habs team isn't good but he's not in arizona playing for that mess of a franchise. His age and his legit skillset make him a decent asset that will get a good return if his numbers keep up.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I was happy to see him get that bounce. I coukd swear I've seen Dvorak do that same cross ice play multiple times this year only to have his limenate flub the opportunity.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I hate that every journalist out there are trying to find someone to get off the line up for Edmundson's return and the only names they talk about are Guhle, Kovacevic, Harris and Xhakej.

Since when did Wideman secure his role in our top6 whilst being the worst by far dman on our team? The solution seems kind of easy to me, Wideman is the only guy that you can take out right now.

LDs : Guhle, Harris, Xhakej, Eddy, Matheson
RDs : Savard, Kovacevic, Wideman.

Move Eddy to the Right since he's more of a stay at home D with experience, next to Harris it would be a damn good pairing imo if Eddy is comfortable. If not, just go with Harris on the right side he already did it before.

Harris - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Xhakej - Kovacevic

It's way better than anything else with Wideman in there.

Its because they need to waive/send down a player to make room for Edmundson. They aren't going to want to waive and lose Wideman on waivers. Sending down Xhekaj or Slafkovsky makes the most sense

Last edited:

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018

Tough crowd. That's probably why he didn't smile. Was thinking to himself "Even with a hat-trick, people gonna be sh*tting on me."

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Remember RE: Dvo - they ask how many.

Dvorak is boring but he's a good footsoldier who isn't overpaid IMO. I like that he's strong on the dot and he's not a soft player. Just a good garbageman goalscorer and those are welcome on my team anytime. I saw a post recently that said that Dvorak has never playing for a good team before and maybe this particular habs team isn't good but he's not in arizona playing for that mess of a franchise. His age and his legit skillset make him a decent asset that will get a good return if his numbers keep up.
I rate his performance last night 4 and a half Smileless Dvoraks

ReXqKRJ.png
ReXqKRJ.png
ReXqKRJ.png
ReXqKRJ.png
mcMkPRX.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not that I wish them success, but spring is too late. Time to get the rake, leaf blower (pun intended) and fall collection bags and clear out the trash like right now. The team checked out, don’t care what they say.
Shanahan won’t wait that long, otherwise his head may also be on the chopping block.
I've got it all worked out in my head whereby Toronto get it together just enough to hold down a spot until March. Then either crash out by not making it or lose in the first round. That would inflict the most pain on Leafs Nation.

:naughty:

Reactions: sandviper

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I say keep him and Dubas there as long as possible. They obviously don't know how to build a team and I wish that franchise nothing but 50 more years of winless first rounds.
Dubas wasn't extended, he's gone once the season is over regardless of what happens I think.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Not that I wish them success, but spring is too late. Time to get the rake, leaf blower (pun intended) and fall collection bags and clear out the trash like right now. The team checked out, don’t care what they say.
Armstrong, Keon,Ullman >Matthews,Marner,Nylander, just my opinion.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
A lot of unexpectedness in this group.

When I underestimate them, they shine after. When I overestimate them, they suck.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

i'm surprised players/coach don't react like this more often. There's very low effort by several of the media people who are part of the daily pressers. They always ask the same questions, and they often ask the same question as someone else asked but using different words. It gets tiresome to listen to it, so imagine having to anwser it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Love it.....these old dinosaurs of journalists trying to fish some controversy with the same questions 2-3-4 time from different angle. I'm so fed up of the journalist and talking heads covering the Habs....we have new players, new coaches, new managements, new beginning but with the same old dinosaurs of journalists all playing the old game annoying everyone!

I take MSL against every useless journalists thinking they're part of the team and somehow the team owe them something....it's 2022, not 1990 where the organization absolutely needed them.

Reactions: jrom

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

i'm surprised players/coach don't react like this more often. There's very low effort by several of the media people who are part of the daily pressers. They always ask the same questions, and they often ask the same question as someone else asked but using different words. It gets tiresome to listen to it, so imagine having to anwser it.

I don't know what St Louis said but if the same question is asked (even worded differently) he should just say already asked and answered. Next question.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad